• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Tips for a Successful Speaking Engagement?

In summary, Linda is speaking on The Pampered Chef to a group of Christian ladies on Monday. She will have 15-20 minutes to talk about holiday ideas, entertaining shortcuts, and show some new tools. She is not allowed to take orders.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I have a speaking engagement on Monday during which I will have 15-20 minutes to talk about The Pampered Chef to a group of Christian ladies ranging from late 40's to senior citizens. They would like me to discuss holiday ideas, entertaining shortcuts and show some new tools. I am not allowed to take orders.
Has anyone done this before & have any suggestions? Possibly an outline?

I haven't. I am sure you are already thinking along these lines, but you can talk about booking a show in order to shop for yourself OR gifts with a discount and free, right?
I have that list of gift ideas broken down by price. I will post it when I get home.
I would definitely talk about the magic pot, the stainless mixing bowls ( my favorite, after all of the real benefits is to take the large one and put it on my head. I say plus if aliens come, you can put it on your head and blend in.)
ok that is random but so am I.
Also you can talk about the beautiful serving pieces that compliment any holiday table, and wow! In November they are 20% off for guests and 60% for hosts. I made the zesty skillet ravioli at all of my October shows and then put it in the large dots bowl.It makes SUCH a gorgeous presentation.So far I have 8 shows, 3 catty shows and a fundraiser and I am still offering 2 more dates for actual cooking shows.
I would also definitely make a trifle and take it to sample. The black forrest one is a huge hit and fairly inexpensive. AND... so pretty.
One of the things my director does if she wants a specific date is to offer the magic pot for $17.00. She tells the host they will use one of their half price items for the dcb, and she splits the cost with them. So basically it costs her $17.00 but she gets that booking, etc..
I don't know if this helps at all, but I hope it does!

I did someting like that a couple of years ago. Here is my outline - it is probably way out of date, but you can get some ideas from it.

Attachments

• Speach Outline.doc
    48 KB · Views: 235
Linda - you rock

I don't like that you can't take orders...is it that they don't want a sales pitch and/or pressure put on the people there? Oh, and I offered a quick suggestion on CS:
Show our "Adult Legos" and how the Simple Additions can be stacked to make different serving pieces and levels.

Carolyn, how did this go?

Chef Kearns said:
Carolyn, how did this go?

I used Linda's basic script (thank you so much Lin) but the majority of the crowd was death-plus-a-hundred and I am fairly certain they had their hearing aids turned off. The one or two gals in their 50-70's who showed some interest were quite nice and the gal who booked me for the event booked a show with me and we have actually become quite friendly - we've met for coffee twice now. So it wasn't a complete bust. Hopefully she'll have a decent show.

LOL!! "death plus a hundred"!! Well, one show is worth it!! Good luck and congratulations!

Hey Linda:

I am teaching 4 home ec classes tomorrow morning--this speech is perfect. Thanks!

1. How can I book a speaking engagement with Pampered Chef?

To book a speaking engagement with Pampered Chef, you can fill out our online form on our website or contact our customer service team. We will work with you to find a date and time that works for both parties.

2. What topics can Pampered Chef speakers cover?

Our speakers can cover a variety of topics related to cooking, entertaining, and kitchen tools. Some popular topics include meal prep, healthy eating, and using our products to save time in the kitchen. We are also open to customizing our presentations to fit your specific needs.

3. Is there a fee for booking a Pampered Chef speaker?

Yes, there is a fee for booking a Pampered Chef speaker. The fee depends on the length of the presentation and the speaker's availability. Our customer service team can provide more information and pricing details.

4. Can Pampered Chef speakers provide product demonstrations during their presentations?

Yes, our speakers are trained to provide product demonstrations during their presentations. They can showcase the features and benefits of our products and provide tips on how to use them effectively in the kitchen.

5. How far in advance should I book a Pampered Chef speaker?

We recommend booking a Pampered Chef speaker at least 2-3 months in advance to ensure availability and time for planning. However, we understand that sometimes last-minute events come up, and we will do our best to accommodate your request.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
NooraK
  • MORFIA
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies