• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make a Gingerbread Spice Cake in a Rice Cooker?

In summary, the conversation was about making a rice cooker cake for a holiday gathering. The original plan was to make a spice cake, but the person had the idea to make it more holiday-friendly by adding gingerbread flavors. The conversation then shifted to discussing ingredient combinations and garnishes for the cake. A recipe for a Gingerbread Cake was shared as a potential option, and someone else shared their successful experience making a gingerbread spice cake in a rice cooker with a suggested ingredient list. The conversation ended with suggestions for serving and garnishing the cake.
sailortena
My host on Sunday wants me to do another rice cooker cake, and we agreed on doing a spice cake.

However I was thinking of trying to make it more holiday friendly ... has anyone ever made a sort of gingerbread spice cake in the rice cooker? Or something like that? Could you tell me some successful ingredient combinations?

I was also planning on serving it with whipped cream, and maybe garnished with candy canes or something like that.

how about a chocolate cake with peppermint extract. garnish with cool whip and crushed candy canes. you could also do crushed candy canes baked into the top of the cake.

Thanks for the suggestion. However she specifically does not want chocolate cake. A friend of hers hosted a party there in October and they all had the molten lava chocolate cake. So we wanted to try a different recipe.

Here is a good Gingerbread Cake that I have made in the past (not in my rice cooker). Maybe this will work...

Everyday Best Gingerbread Cake

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup molasses, light or dark
1 cup hot water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (Preheat to 325 degrees when using a glass pan.) Spray an 8-by-8-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray. Mix melted and slightly cooled butter, sugar and egg and set aside. In a large bowl, sift dry ingredients. Combine molasses and hot water and stir to combine. Add flour mixture to butter-sugar mixture alternately with the molasses mixture and whisk to combine. Pour batter into pan and bake 50 to 60 minutes. Cool in the pan 5 minutes. Serve from the pan, or turn out onto a rack.

Hi there! I've actually made a gingerbread spice cake in the rice cooker before and it turned out delicious! Here's the ingredient combination that I used:

- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the molasses and egg, mix until well combined. Gradually add in the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk. Mix until smooth.

Pour the batter into your rice cooker and cook on the cake setting (or if your rice cooker doesn't have a cake setting, cook on high for about 45 minutes). Let it cool for a few minutes before removing from the rice cooker. Serve with whipped cream and garnish with crushed candy canes for a festive touch. Hope this helps and happy baking!

What is the best way to adjust cooking times for high altitude?

When cooking at high altitudes, the air is thinner and the boiling point of water is lower. This means that foods may take longer to cook and can also dry out faster. To adjust cooking times, increase the temperature by 25 degrees and add an additional 10-15 minutes of cooking time for every hour of cook time stated in the recipe.

Can I substitute ingredients in this recipe?

Yes, you can usually substitute ingredients in a recipe as long as they are similar in flavor and texture. For example, you can substitute honey for sugar or Greek yogurt for sour cream. However, keep in mind that the final result may vary slightly from the original recipe.

What is the best way to store leftovers?

The best way to store leftovers depends on the type of food. In general, it is best to let the food cool down before storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Leftovers can typically be stored for 3-4 days. If you have a large amount of leftovers, you can also freeze them for longer storage.

Can I use a different size or type of pan for this recipe?

Yes, you can usually use a different size or type of pan for a recipe. Keep in mind that this may affect the cooking time and the final result. For example, if you use a larger pan, the food may cook faster and be thinner. It's best to adjust the cooking time and keep an eye on the food while it's cooking to ensure it doesn't burn.

How can I make this recipe gluten-free?

To make a recipe gluten-free, you can replace ingredients such as flour with gluten-free alternatives like almond or coconut flour. Be sure to check all ingredients and labels to ensure they are gluten-free. You may also need to make adjustments to the recipe, such as using a different amount of liquid or baking time. It's always a good idea to do a test run before serving to guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Meigs
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Meigs
  • marion foucher
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • LakesideMom