• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Organize a Couple's Amazing Race?

In summary, the conversation was about doing couple's Amazing Race shows and the speaker, Sandi, shared her experience of doing 3 of them and her favorite recipes to use. She also mentioned the prep and organization required, as well as the rules and activities that are involved in the show. Another person, Donna, expressed interest in Sandi's ideas and asked for more details. Overall, the speakers agreed that Amazing Race shows are a fun and successful way to generate sales and bookings.
sandilou
Silver Member
Some ladies on my team want to do a couple's Amazing Race. There are all kinds of docs in files and I have saved a lot over the years but it is hard to tell what goes with what. Does anyone do them? How do you work it? Which is your favorite? Tips? We've printed off lots of stuff to try to make sense of it without much luck.

TIA,
Sandi

I LOVE doing the Amazing race shows.. I have done 3 so far and they are my favorites! It takes a bit of extra prep prior to the show and some organization but the show is a breeze!
I usually do the American Flag Brownie and Cool Veggie Pizza. I prebake the brownies (2 family size packages) in the Large Bar Pan and Pre Bake the crust for the Pizza on the Large Round Stone. I have the host purchase these Items and just give them to me to replace what I have used.I used the files from CS and made some changes to reflect the products that I own. I also threw in a couple of detours. Before we start the race I do a little intro and tell everyone that it is very important that they pay attention because it will help them with the race. I go over the guest and host specials and use my booking slide to go over some of the benefits of hosting. I go over the rules of the game and pass out the 1st envelope. Once the first task is completed one person from the team has to bring it to me for the next one. It's nice to have a helper hand out envelopes for the opposite team if someone doesn't want to participate in the game. It can get a little confusing. The first team to complete all the tasks wins the title of best team. Each team gets sheets to fill out during the competition asking what they think the name of the recipe is. the name of the tools they used and the MVP. The MVP on each team gets a seasons best. Everyone seems to have a blast and I have
gotten extra bookings because its not like every other PC party they have been to. I know this is lengthy, please let me know if you have any other questions or need more details.
Donna

I would love EVERYTHING you have. Sounds like you have this down pat! Don't think I have the Flag Brownie. Is that at Pampered Chef recipe? Thank you!!

Sandi

pchefgagnon said:
I LOVE doing the Amazing race shows.. I have done 3 so far and they are my favorites! It takes a bit of extra prep prior to the show and some organization but the show is a breeze!
I usually do the American Flag Brownie and Cool Veggie Pizza. I prebake the brownies (2 family size packages) in the Large Bar Pan and Pre Bake the crust for the Pizza on the Large Round Stone. I have the host purchase these Items and just give them to me to replace what I have used.I used the files from CS and made some changes to reflect the products that I own. I also threw in a couple of detours. Before we start the race I do a little intro and tell everyone that it is very important that they pay attention because it will help them with the race. I go over the guest and host specials and use my booking slide to go over some of the benefits of hosting. I go over the rules of the game and pass out the 1st envelope. Once the first task is completed one person from the team has to bring it to me for the next one. It's nice to have a helper hand out envelopes for the opposite team if someone doesn't want to participate in the game. It can get a little confusing. The first team to complete all the tasks wins the title of best team. Each team gets sheets to fill out during the competition asking what they think the name of the recipe is. the name of the tools they used and the MVP. The MVP on each team gets a seasons best. Everyone seems to have a blast and I have
gotten extra bookings because its not like every other PC party they have been to. I know this is lengthy, please let me know if you have any other questions or need more details.
Donna

I absolutely agree! Amazing Race shows are soooo fun. They do require a lot of prep but generate a lot more sales and bookings. They are wonderful for big crowds. I like your idea of having them bring me the instruction card they've completed in order to get the next one. I'll have to remember that!

We did the Amazing Race once at a retreat and it was SO fun! My hospitality director does it all the time and I'm seriously considering trying it out this summer. :)

Does anyone have the material for this updated?

TIA, Sandi

Sorry it took me so long to respond. Here are the files that I use. Some are borrowed from other people on Chef Success!!! Thank You to whoever I got them from..and some I created myself...sorry for the pdf It would not let me upload a word document for one of the files. Please let me know if you have any questions or need any other suggestions. Good Luck!

Attachments

• Amazing Race Instructions1.doc
    28 KB · Views: 494
  • Brownie Recipe amazing race.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 435
  • GreatRaceEnvelopeLabels1.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 442
  • cook off worksheet amazing race.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 459
  • Cool Veggie Pizza amazing race steps.pdf
    35.2 KB · Views: 459
Thank you SO SO SO SO MUCH! :cheerleader:

Sandi

1. What is "Need Help With Amazing Race"?

"Need Help With Amazing Race" is a popular team-building activity offered by Pampered Chef. It is a fun and challenging race where teams compete against each other to complete various cooking and kitchen-related tasks.

2. How many people can participate in "Need Help With Amazing Race"?

The recommended group size for "Need Help With Amazing Race" is 8-18 people. This allows for a good balance of teamwork and competition.

3. What types of challenges can we expect in "Need Help With Amazing Race"?

The challenges in "Need Help With Amazing Race" can range from cooking and baking tasks, to food-related puzzles and games. Some examples include creating a dish with a mystery ingredient, solving riddles to find hidden kitchen tools, and identifying different spices by taste.

4. Can we customize the challenges in "Need Help With Amazing Race"?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers the option to customize the challenges in "Need Help With Amazing Race" to fit the needs and preferences of your group. You can choose from a variety of cooking and kitchen-related tasks or even suggest your own ideas.

5. How long does "Need Help With Amazing Race" typically last?

The duration of "Need Help With Amazing Race" can vary depending on the group size and the chosen challenges. On average, it can take anywhere from 1-2 hours to complete. However, the activity can be adjusted to fit into a shorter or longer time frame if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
1PamperedMommy
  • Kimmie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Liquid Sky