• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help Expanding Your Network? How to Break Out of Your Immediate Circle

In summary, it can be tough when you first start, but try talking to everyone you know and tell them you are excited about starting your business. You will also need to take some training to be successful.
bestteacher
Hello! This is my first post. How do you break out of your immediate circle of family/friends? It seems like no one wants to take me up on any of the wonderful ideas I have found here. I have just had my 30 day date & I am now qualified, but I had to do the first party myself, then the 2nd one was my own catalog party. I actually had one person do a catalog party for me, but she didn't get the $150, so I had to ask my husband to order about $30 worth of merchandise on it to bring it up so I could submit it. I feel at this point like I am badgering people who obviously don't want to have a show. Any ideas???????????? :confused:

It can seem tough when you are first starting, but try talking to everyone/anyone you know. Tell them that you are excited about starting your business and ask if you can help them to take advantage of our great host program while they can help you grow your business.

The important thing is to have them invite people that you don't know - then you will quickly get into different circles of people.

Also, try talking to strangers in the checkout at the store and try to take something with you or wear something that says "Pampered Chef" on it whenever you leave your house. People will comment on it and then you have an opening to talk to them about whether or not they have done a party lately and that you'd be happy to do one with them.

Also put it on your answering machine that you do PC and that way anyone calling you will know that you are a consultant. Also it makes it easier to write off some of your phone bill for taxes...

Hope this helps - I am sure others have some better ideas too. But hang in there - is does get better!

The best thing you can do is take advantage of all of the free training, and don't wait. You have 60 more days to earn PC Dollars!!
Go to Consultants Corner on the website > Consultant Training > Table Talk Tele-Classes > Recorded Classes > :

Booking A Year Round Business
Host Coaching Essentials
Effective Selling Skills

Also, if you haven't done so, take all of the online training courses (after the tele-classes). You will hear people say these products sell themselves. They don't. You need to have people in the room to buy the products.

Once you have shows, it is vital that you host coach properly (even for a catalog show) because it will lead to higher sales, more bookings and recruiting.

After those classes, try to take a class a day until you get where you want.

This is just like any other job, the first few weeks are hectic until you know what you are doing. Even McDonald's workers go through a training period. After getting this training under your belt, you shouldn't have to much more than your shows, calls and meetings.

Good luck!! Elaine

Have you made your list of 100? The main thing is to call and not ask if they want to have a party. Tell them you would really appreciate them helping you get your business started. Tell them they get a special gift from PC not to mention all the free and discounted products they can get. This usually helps better then saying will you have a show for me.

Another thing you can do is say, "I've started a new business and need to 'practice' what I say on the phone." "Can you help me for a few minutes." Then do your pitch. Sometimes this gets them interested w/o you actually asking them.

Look for a booth at a fair. This is a cost up front, but it pays off even with just one booking. Last year I was about out of bookings when I got a show and bridal shower. I just got 4 more bookings for fall from a show I did this past week.

I agree w/the others. Listen to your training CD, take training online, etc. It gets easier. Just make sure to call everyone on your 100 list:)!

Good Luck,

I agree with Rhonda, make that list of 100 and CALL them!! You may not get a ton of yes's but you are also letting everyone you know know that you are now a PC consulant. This will help whenever they think, man I really need something from PC, but who do I call? They will remember you!!
Also, take the tele-classes. And get your name out there. Don't be shy!!

The great thing now about this time of year is there should be tons of fall/winter craft shows coming up in the coming months that should be taking applications NOW,...do an event and that's how you will get new leads! Make sure you don't spend too much money on the table fee though! I won't spend more than $50.

One simple thing you could try - at your next party with friends/family - offer a gift to anyone who brings someone that you don't know! Give them a SB or other small gift for helping you out that way!

1. How can I find a consultant to help me?

You can easily find a Pampered Chef consultant by visiting our website and using the "Find a Consultant" tool. Simply enter your location and it will provide a list of consultants in your area.

2. Can a consultant assist me with placing an order?

Absolutely! Our consultants are always happy to help you with placing an order. You can contact your consultant directly or place an order through their personal website.

3. What if I need help with a specific recipe or product?

Our consultants are knowledgeable about all of our products and recipes and can provide tips and advice to help you get the most out of your Pampered Chef items. You can also visit our website for recipe ideas and instructional videos.

4. Can a consultant help me with hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, our consultants are trained to help you plan and host a successful Pampered Chef party. They can provide guidance on invitations, menu planning, and even do a product demonstration for your guests.

5. What if I have a problem with my order or need to return an item?

If you have any issues with your order, your consultant will be happy to assist you. You can also contact our customer service team for any returns or exchanges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crisbm103
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefGwendolyn
  • Barry Carlton
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • amandaC