• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Husband Got a Motorcycle Monday!

In summary, Dave's parents are happy for him, but his in-laws are worried about him. Dave is worried about them too, but has promised to be careful. He has also agreed to not ride with his son yet.
jrstephens
He has wanted one for years and we are finally where we can afford one. I am so happy for him to get something he has dreamed about. I am worried about him too but he has promised me he will be careful. And I honestly think he will or I would not have agreed to him getting one. I have not agreed to ride with yet though!!! And we ave agreed that our son will NOT ride.

My parents are tickled for him too; and my dad wishes my mom would ride b/c he would get his own. Bu this parents have threw a fit. He got into it with his dad yesterday about it and they have not said anything else to him. Hello, we are grown and can make our own decisions! I know they worry but I do not think it is fair for them to "bring him down" when he is so happy right now. INLAWS!!!:mad:

You should have seen my mom throw a fit when I learned to ride a motorcycle! I was 24 at the time!

(My dad told her how his brakes had failed on his - in the 60's and how he went through the garage door so she had this horrible fear of them.)

Be smart, wear your helmet, and no matter how "good" of a rider you think you are, take a motorcycle rider course - you learn a lot of defensive moves and tricks to handle it - it really helps the most experienced riders too.

sounds like funi have a motorcycle. I don't know how much experience he has but have him look into the motorcycle safety course at a local college. it is good to get out and learn the right ways to do things, and it usually is resonable for cost and the course supplies the bikes. Ride Safe

poohritz said:
i have a motorcycle. I don't know how much experience he has but have him look into the motorcycle safety course at a local college. it is good to get out and learn the right ways to do things, and it usually is resonable for cost and the course supplies the bikes. Ride Safe

Dave - thank you for seconding my recommendations! I'm glad to hear the courses just aren't in WI. I learned A LOT during mine and I had a guy in my class that had riden for 30 years already, owned numerous Harleys, etc....he said he learned SO much himself from that course.

I second, I mean third that. My hubby rides and has since he was 16 - 42 now. He also use to teach a motorcycle course at a local college for quite a few years. He's the ONLY one I feel safe riding with. They will teach you defensive moves you never thought of! It's not him you need to be worried about, it's the idiots out there on four wheels. Encourage him to take the course to learn to ride defensively!

Thats great! But I also agree with everyone else..The riding courses are very much worth taking.

If anyone is in the market for buying a bike I have mine for sale. There is nothing wrong with it but Im starting a family with my husband and of course I wont be riding for while or ever again (alone). My husband has his own so I can always ride the back of his when Im up for it..Anyways,
Its a 2006 Honda 750 with only 3400 miles on it! Its located in Texas!!

Related to My Husband Got a Motorcycle Monday!

1. What is "My Husband Got a Motorcycle Monday!"?

"My Husband Got a Motorcycle Monday!" is a weekly event where husbands surprise their wives with a new motorcycle, often as a gift or a spontaneous purchase. It has become a popular trend among motorcycle enthusiasts and their partners.

2. How did "My Husband Got a Motorcycle Monday!" start?

The origin of "My Husband Got a Motorcycle Monday!" is unclear, but it gained popularity through social media posts and online forums. Many couples started participating in the event as a way to share their love for motorcycles and showcase their new purchases.

3. Do husbands really surprise their wives with motorcycles on Mondays?

Yes, some husbands do surprise their wives with motorcycles on Mondays as part of the event. However, some couples also plan ahead and make a joint decision to purchase a motorcycle on a Monday, making it a planned surprise rather than a spontaneous one.

4. Are there any safety concerns with "My Husband Got a Motorcycle Monday!"?

It is important for couples to prioritize safety when participating in "My Husband Got a Motorcycle Monday!" as riding a motorcycle can be dangerous if not done carefully. It is recommended to take a safety course, wear proper gear, and always follow traffic laws.

5. Can anyone participate in "My Husband Got a Motorcycle Monday!"?

Yes, anyone can participate in "My Husband Got a Motorcycle Monday!" as long as they have a spouse or partner who is willing to surprise them with a motorcycle. It is a fun and exciting event that brings couples together and celebrates their love for motorcycles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• schel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
angmillar
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies