• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mommyhugz1978 Is Getting Married Next Week! Any Nuggets of Wisdom?

In summary, KG's advice is to enjoy the wedding day. He recommends telling the other person you love them and not to vomit or pass out. He also recommends keeping God in the center of your relationship.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I was going to post this in another thread and then thought with all of the wise Cheffers we have, someone I'm sure has great advice for the bride-to-be! I just wanted to share my piece of advice for weddings! Keep in mind that it is probably only 5 hours out of your day, and don't fret too much if something goes wrong--sometimes those are the best moments.

When we exchanged vows... My husband, who is a DJ, thought he would be funny--no surprise. When it came to be his turn to say "I do", the best man stuck a microphone in his face and in his deepest, cheesiest, gameshow DJ voice says to the minister, "That's right, Scott, I do." Everyone erupted into laughter. I just rolled my eyes. Typical Dave.

HAVE FUN!!!

It is a wonderful day! Relax and enjoy it! Try not to streess out so much that it messes up having fun. If you need to take a nerve pill!HA! I get sick on my stomach when I get nervous, so, I took one that morning and no nerves and it was an amazing day. Seriously, it is a great day, so, just enjoy.

And marriage is wonderful too! It has ups and downs but then everything does. Just be totally committed to it and all will work out.

Also, keep God in the center of your relationship is the most important thing. He will bless you abounds and provide everything you need.

Congratulations, Leah!

Since I've already been told my usual brand of advice wasn't appreciated (well, what could you expect from me?) I'll actually get serious for a minute and tell you this one nugget that was learned the hard way.No secrets. Okay, secrets are fine for hiding Christmas gifts and such, where trickery and deceit is all a part of the gifting process, but otherwise, no secrets. None. They always come out sooner or later anyway, so share everything.Enjoy your wedding day - it's the bride's day and the groom's biggest responsibility is to show up, but it's all over too quickly, so savor every moment of the day!

My advice is always tell the other one that you love them, even if you are mad at them. My husband and I try to live by that and we have been married for 71/2 years.

71/2 years? Funny - you don't look that old! :eek:

I am no expert but my husband and I live by the faith of God and knowing that no matter what, we love each other and communication is the key to all happiness. Never stop talking to each other, dont be afraid to cry in his arms over anything, even the silly things. Dont walk away, go to sleep, or drive in a car angry. Work it out, even of it means an all nighter. Nothing is more important then resolution. Kiss each other every night before bed, every morning when you rise (even if you must wake the other to do so), at every passing chance and just because. You never know when the time will come that you wont be able to. Hold his hand in the car, on the couch, walking in the mall. The human touch generates more feelings then we can imagine. Touch his face, feel his whiskers, run your fingers through his hair. Show him you love him. Dont let the romance die. I truly believe that if you make each day like the first time you saw him, it will never get routene and never get old and you'll always have someone to look forward to growing old with.

Darby: That's beautiful! And, BTW: LOVE your quote!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Since I've already been told my usual brand of advice wasn't appreciated (well, what could you expect from me?) I'll actually get serious for a minute and tell you this one nugget that was learned the hard way.No secrets. Okay, secrets are fine for hiding Christmas gifts and such, where trickery and deceit is all a part of the gifting process, but otherwise, no secrets. None. They always come out sooner or later anyway, so share everything.Enjoy your wedding day - it's the bride's day and the groom's biggest responsibility is to show up, but it's all over too quickly, so savor every moment of the day!
AHHH, KG does have a serious side, lol. But I REALLY do agree with him on this one.On a side note, I actually died laughing the first time I noticed Darby's quote.

Be honest with each other, and don't vomit or pass out during the ceremony unless you're video taping it. :D

AJPratt said:
Darby: That's beautiful! And, BTW: LOVE your quote!
lol....thanks!

DH and I will be married 3 years on the 28th of this month. If you cant love, laugh, cry, curse and scream and do it all with joy in your heart...what is the point?
;)

A 15 year vet here...

The good times are easy, it's the bad ones that are hard. Love is the starting block, but it's commitment that will get you through the hard times.

That, and a good sense of humor, chocolate, a good girl friend (for you.. not him!!) and sometimes a good stiff drink!

We are currently in the a really bad time, having to close our business, pretty much losing everything, bankruptcy, and trying to start over (not a great thought for two seriously middle aged people.) But we will get through this together. I am bright, John is personable, we will be ok.

We're a team.. a horribly broke team, but a team nonetheless.

The Kat Lady just asked me to report her secret to our success:Separate vacations.:D

Here's the best advice you'll ever hear:
Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?

Thank you guys, you are all wonderful and sweet for all the advice..... I have officaly turned into a blubbering whale.... well I dont know about the whale... but I have been blubbering for the past few days..... and will contiune to do so until after the wedding... currently my future DH doesnt' know what to say as he contiunes to have the deer in the headlights look on his face more offten than not as the wedding nears closer. Love to all, Leah

Last edited:
Communication - you need and have to have it.

use your P's and Q's! I say thankyou to my husband for doing the small things - doing the dishes, making the bed, vacuuming the floor. Its a small thing but I don't want to take his actions for granted. The good thing is that is comes back full circle so I also get thanked for doing the grunt work around the house.

I guess my thing is not to be taken for granted and this is one way to avoid that.

Misty

Be sure to have two TV's.

We have three tv's....... I think we have three of everything... LOL

Three cars is good.The Kat Lady and I have about seven between us. (Okay, six of 'em are mine.)

LOL!!!! Thanks guys!!

Related to Mommyhugz1978 Is Getting Married Next Week! Any Nuggets of Wisdom?

1. What are some easy and quick recipes for a busy bride-to-be?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I highly recommend using our Quick Cooker to make delicious and time-saving meals. Some easy recipes include our One-Pot Chicken Alfredo and our Quick Beef Stroganoff. You can also check out our website for more recipe ideas and inspiration.

2. How can I make my bridal shower or bachelorette party extra special?

A fun and unique idea is to host a Pampered Chef party for your bridal shower or bachelorette party. Not only will you have a blast cooking and trying out new recipes with your friends and family, but you can also earn free products as the host. Plus, it's a great way to stock up on kitchen essentials for your new home!

3. How can I make sure I have everything I need for my kitchen as a newlywed?

Pampered Chef offers a bridal registry service where you can create a wish list of all the kitchen tools and gadgets you need for your new home. Share the link with your wedding guests and they can purchase items directly from your registry. Plus, as a Pampered Chef host, you can earn even more products for your kitchen!

4. What are some must-have kitchen tools for newlyweds?

Some essential kitchen tools for newlyweds include our Classic 10" Nonstick Skillet, Quick Cooker, and Deluxe Air Fryer. These versatile and high-quality products will make cooking and meal prep a breeze. You can also consider adding our popular Garlic Press, Food Chopper, and measuring cups and spoons to your kitchen arsenal.

5. Are there any special deals or promotions for brides-to-be?

Pampered Chef often runs promotions for brides-to-be, including discounted products and free items with a certain purchase amount. Make sure to check our website and social media pages for any current promotions. You can also contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information and personalized recommendations for your bridal needs.

Back