• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mix, Measure & Pour - - What Dressings?

In summary, this product has several dressings that can be used in various ways. It is easy to use and keeps the dressing mixed up.
its_me_susan
Can you guys tell me what dressings are on this? Do you have it, love it?

I don't have it yet, but coming from a holiday party that a guest brought it with her tossed salad, it was awesome! no shaking of a bottle, it is just like the quick stir pitcher, just move the plunger up and down a few times and pour! I am definately getting 1 or 2 on my next order!!

I love this product. I don't actually use the recipes in the use and care, but I use it a lot. I make dressing from mixes and use this. It is easy to use and keeps the dressing mixed up. You don't have to shake it.

its_me_susan said:
Can you guys tell me what dressings are on this? Do you have it, love it?

I like to use mine, if I am bringing a salad to a show this way when we are ready to eat it is not soggy. I have not used the recipes it comes with, also printed right on the container is recipes, but I have heard they are not that great, but its worth the money the the effort of bringing it to your shows. HTH....:D

There is an Itialian Dressing, French Dressing, Asian dressing & Ceaser Dressing!!!! I personally use the asian the most, love it!

I LOVE my MMP. I've only made the Asian dressing from the bottle, but I make other homemade dressings all the time. It's so nice to be able to plunge and pour with out a mess. Another use for it (from my neighbor) is to mix your eggs in it for scrambled eggs.

I do that as well. If I am making a lot of eggs I use the quick stir pitcher.

pamperedalf said:
There is an Itialian Dressing, French Dressing, Asian dressing & Ceaser Dressing!!!! I personally use the asian the most, love it!

What's in the Asian?

Rice vinigar, vegie oil, ginger root grated or I always press mine through the garlic press, garlic cloves 2, 2 tsp of sug (I use a tblsp of OJ instead) and I think that's it.

I have a few in my fridge at all times!!! My Hubby likes the french, I usually make my own Balsamic with:
1/2 C. Balsamic
1 T Dijon Mustard
1 T. honey
1 Pressed Garlic Clove
1 Small Shallot, minced or pressed with GP
1/2 C. Olive oil

I also read a tip in a magazine I will be using at all my upcomming shows:
Mix all salad dressing ing (in MMP) except oil. Drizzle ingred on salad and spritz a little oil with spritzer to save on calories.

Of the recipes on the MMP, I have only made the Italian dressing and love it for the Savory Sandwich Ring (which I love to make).

Mixing scrambled eggs
pamperedlinda said:
I LOVE my MMP. I've only made the Asian dressing from the bottle, but I make other homemade dressings all the time. It's so nice to be able to plunge and pour with out a mess. Another use for it (from my neighbor) is to mix your eggs in it for scrambled eggs.

Wow, I never thought of that--what an awesome idea for scrambled eggs!

I'll have to take it out of my storage area and use it this weekend! Thanks!

I do not like the ceasar that's on it. I bought it specifically for that recipe. It is way too oily. I barely use it.

jrstephens said:
I do not like the ceasar that's on it. I bought it specifically for that recipe. It is way too oily. I barely use it.

Have you tried olive oil? and maybe not use as much. or maybe even canola; vegetable oil is so this and icky anyway. JMO

I'm not sure how well this receipt would work but its a favorite dressing I do:

Lime (or lemon) Ginger Dressing

This recipe is great either as a dressing, a dip, or a marinate for chicken

Prep time: 20 minutes

Cook time: 90 minutes IF using roasted garlic

Ingredients & Tools
2 tablespoons minced (garlic press) or Roasted Garlic
1 teaspoons lime/lemon zest (Lemon Zester/Scorer)
2 teaspoons ginger root crushed/minced (garlic press)
2-4 tablespoons lime/lemon juice (Adjustable Measuring Spoons)
6 tablespoons oil (Adjustable Measuring Spoons)
Sliced vegetables (cucumber, peppers, celery) and baby carrots (unless using as a marinate)

Instructions:
Roast the garlic (if desired) in a 350° oven for 90 minutes

Peel and cut ginger up into a small piece & press it through the garlic press over the Mix, Measure & Pour so you get all the juices. You will then need to use the garlic “cleaner” to push the ginger out the back.

Squeeze out 2-3 cloves of the roasted garlic (or use garlic press and put pressed garlic) into the Mix, Measure & Pour with the ginger

Add zest, oil, and lime juice and mix. Serve with cut vegetables or with salad. Or use as a marinate for chicken or vegetables to be grilled (include Portobello mushrooms, red onions, asparagus, peppers, and baby carrots) - if using as a marinate you want to triple the recipe

I use mine to mix the chipotle ranch dip in.
jrstephens said:

I thin my dip out some and use as salaad dressing. I have served it at shows on plain salad greens with grated cheese. If its a mexican party-put black olives on salad.

Yum Yum

Charlene

The Italian Dressing recipe is awesome! I never buy bottle Italian dressing, and I love Good Season's Italian, but the Italian recipe on the MMP is fantastic (and cheap)...I use it on salad and to marintate chicken all the time!

pcleah said:
I have a few in my fridge at all times!!! My Hubby likes the french, I usually make my own Balsamic with:
1/2 C. Balsamic
1 T Dijon Mustard
1 T. honey
1 Pressed Garlic Clove
1 Small Shallot, minced or pressed with GP
1/2 C. Olive oil

I also read a tip in a magazine I will be using at all my upcomming shows:
Mix all salad dressing ing (in MMP) except oil. Drizzle ingred on salad and spritz a little oil with spritzer to save on calories.
Just what I was looking for, thanks!! The French is really good, but oh so much oil. Suppose I could triple the ingredients or quadruple and then spritz with oil too!!

pamperedlinda said:

I love this idea! Thanks Linda! I am not a big salad eater, so I bought it pretty much for shows this summer, but would love to be able to actually use it, kwim? This is a great way to use it frequently! I will definitely try this tomorrow morning!

If you check on the product section of the Consultants Corner and click on the video about the asian seasoning mix they demo an asian dressing that has 4 ingredients (Asian seasoning, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil). I can't remember the quantities exactly (I think 1 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup soy, 2 tbs seasoning and 1/4 cup oil - I THINK), but thought that would be great to use to demo.

I also use it to mix up the orange dressing for the harvest chicken salad in it.

I LOVE mine and use it all the time. It's really nice at the dinner table not to have to shake a bottle, but just plunge to mix.

I also NEVER use vegetable oil -- only olive oil or sesake oil

Related to Mix, Measure & Pour - - What Dressings?

1. What are the best tools for mixing dressings?

The best tools for mixing dressings are the Pampered Chef Quick-Stir® Pitcher, the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set, the Measure-All® Cup, the Salad Dressing Mixer, and the Stainless Steel Whisk. These tools are specifically designed for easy and efficient mixing of dressings.

2. How do I accurately measure ingredients for dressings?

Accurately measuring ingredients for dressings is important for achieving the perfect balance of flavors. The Measure-All® Cup is a versatile tool that has markings for both liquid and dry ingredients, making it easy to measure everything from oil to herbs. The adjustable plunger also allows you to accurately measure small amounts, such as a teaspoon or tablespoon, without having to use multiple measuring spoons.

3. Can I use the Quick-Stir® Pitcher for hot dressings?

Yes, the Quick-Stir® Pitcher is safe to use with hot dressings. It is made of durable, heat-resistant material and can withstand temperatures up to 248°F. This makes it perfect for mixing warm dressings, such as a hot bacon dressing for a spinach salad.

4. How do I prevent my dressing from separating?

To prevent your dressing from separating, make sure to use a high-quality emulsifier, such as the Salad Dressing Mixer. This tool has a unique mixing mechanism that helps create a smooth and creamy emulsion, preventing the oil and vinegar from separating. Additionally, make sure to thoroughly mix your dressing and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

5. Can I use the Stainless Steel Whisk for all types of dressings?

Yes, the Stainless Steel Whisk is a versatile tool that can be used for all types of dressings. Its sturdy, balloon-shaped wires are perfect for whisking together thick and creamy dressings, while its narrow shape can easily reach the corners of a jar for mixing vinaigrettes. Plus, it is made of high-quality stainless steel, making it durable and easy to clean.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sjoneschef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sassypip
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • chefheidi2003