1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Rant Micro Chip Maker...

1. flemings99

flemings99 Veteran Member Gold Member

:cry: Microwave Chip Maker will not ship till late July/mid-Aug. :cry:

I bought 10 lbs of potatoes today anticipating using it this week!! :grumpy:

Anyone know if it was included in the sell-a-thon and just left out of directors pkg? Director pkg arrived today w/out it :(

Jul 20, 2011
  2. nancycookspc

nancycookspc Member Gold Member

I am at a rant here too!!!!

I bought sweet potatoes and 10 lbs of white potatoes in anticipation of making lots of chips! boohoo....

on a side note I had bacon in the house! it came out GREAT on the new ridged stone!

Jul 20, 2011
  3. kreaser

kreaser Advanced Member Gold Member

I know I didn't get mine in my director kit...arghhhhh
    Havent gotten sell a thon yet

Jul 20, 2011
  4. kristina16marie

kristina16marie Advanced Member Gold Member

i was wondering the same thing. my sat package comes tomorrow and hopefully it will be in there! i need some CHIPS! lol.

5. cookingwithlove

cookingwithlove Advanced Member Gold Member

It's in the Director's package, it is just coming at a later date.

6. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

its on backorder

Jul 20, 2011
  7. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

that's really scary that it would be on backorder before it's even out for retail sale.

Jul 20, 2011
  8. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

It's happened before. The manufacturer just didn't get them delivered in time for the director and SAT packages. We should be okay for the selling season. I'm disappointed too though.

Jul 20, 2011
  9. SonyaVerrillo

SonyaVerrillo Novice Member

I placed a sample order on August 1st and when I got my order it said that the chip maker was on B/O, scheduled to ship on 8/15 (yay!)

:confused:I want to do some sort of potato chip with the rub for my pantry show next week...Question: if I slice the potato thin & put it on the bar pan--what temp & how long would you bake it for?

10. esavvymom

I doubt it will work, because you won't have the same airflow that the Chipmaker has. It has holes in the bottom.

Aug 5, 2011
  11. ritabenson

ritabenson Director Gold Member

I have done it and I think at like 350 or 325 i did and like 10 minutes ish and just watch them. They do not have the same CRUNCH mut they still have some crunch..... still tasty to me. :D What about the ridged baker? That would give some air flow. Dunno though, but worth a shot maybe??

Aug 5, 2011
  12. esavvymom

Ah...Yes- in the oven I can see them working. I read it as she was asking about doing it in the microwave....sorry.

Aug 5, 2011
Have something to add?