• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Anyone Help Us Out with Our Excess Popcorn Inventory?

's Cub Scout popcorn fundraiser was very low compared to previous years. Shari used last years sales to gauge how much to order (I think it was about 50% or so). Anyway, she picked the top 4 products and one new product that she thought would be huge. The TOP 2 products did NOT do as well (basic caramel corn varieties!) and the new product. Shari has so much left, and very little time to unload it. It can't be returned, and orders aren't high enough in those products to use what she has. If she can't trade it with other Packs/Troops in her area, she'll be stuck with it- and it will cost the pack almost half of their profit, which was already
esavvymom
Staff member
I'm freaking out a bit. Our Cub Scout popcorn fundraiser was very low compared to previous years. Part of our sale includes having some inventory items we take door-to-door. Well, we use last years sales to gauge how much to order (I think it was about 50% or so). Anyway, I picked the top 4 products and one new one that I thought would be huge.

The TOP 2 products did NOT do as well (basic caramel corn varieties!) and the new product. I have so much left, and very little time to unload it. It can't be returned, and our orders aren't high enough in those products to use what we have. If we can't trade it with other Packs/Troops in our area, I'll be stuck with it- and it will cost our pack almost half of our profit, which was already about 25% lower than we needed. We can't afford to lose that money. I have 100 scouts in a pack that they love....we need the funds.

Please pray that in the next 24-48 hrs, others groups step forward to take what I have in excess. Even if I can get MOST of it gone, we can make a donation to local Fire stations and such and be ok....but I can't lose almost $4000 in unsold popcorn.

Our Popcorn Sales are down too. :(Can you do some "Show and Sells"? We're all taking turns sitting at a table outside of a local Gas Station to sell popcorn with the boys...

Or maybe visit local fire departments? Those guys are always willing to help out!

our girl scouts always sit outside of the local grocery stores, WalMart and Sam's Club, etc.

Maybe reduce the cost a bit if you can and then at least it will entice people to get it on "sale"...you would recoup at least SOME of the $ anyway...

I spoke with the council office today, and she did tell me we can set up some Show-n-Sell if need be. she suggested after the "dust settles" a bit from the sale....which is fine by me. I can't possibly do it before tomorrow (official end). But knowing I have that option with council's blessing helps. I'm hoping as packs/troops go through their numbers it gets divided out. A pain in the rear, but better than losing several grand from our budget- which is already about 25% below this year because of such low sales.At least I'm stuck with the "cheaper" products and typically more popular - Caramels. Instead of strange things no one would buy at a storefront. But we'll see.

I'm doing the happy dance tonight. I just got a call a bit ago from a Troop, and they are taking a huge chunk of my remaining inventory.I still have several cases of one product, but cost to the pack is only $672....I started with a pack cost of over $4500 in product!! I'm tickled pink. :)

So happy for you!! My boys are joining a newly-formed troop this year, so we didn't really have time to get into popcorn sales. But I have many homeschool mom friends who lead Girl Scout troops and have had cookie inventory issues so I sympathized with you. Glad that it's working out better than you had expected.

Shari in TX

1. What is "Maybe a Silly Request But...."?

"Maybe a Silly Request But...." is a unique product offered by Pampered Chef that allows customers to submit special requests for customized kitchen tools or cooking products. It is a fun and personalized way to get exactly what you need for your kitchen.

2. How do I submit a request?

Submitting a request is easy! Simply click on the "Maybe a Silly Request But...." link on our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant. You can then fill out a form with your request and our team will work to make it a reality.

3. Is there an extra cost for a custom request?

Yes, there may be an additional cost for a custom request. The price will vary depending on the complexity of the request and the materials needed to create it. Our team will provide you with a quote before moving forward with your request.

4. How long does it take for a custom request to be fulfilled?

The time frame for fulfilling a custom request will vary depending on the complexity of the request and our current production schedule. Our team will provide you with an estimated timeline once your request has been submitted.

5. Can I request a specific design or color for my custom product?

Yes, you can request a specific design or color for your custom product. Our team will work with you to create a product that meets your specifications and preferences. Please note that there may be limitations depending on the materials and techniques we use for creating the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katie0128
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
genburk
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
scottcooks