• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Tax Savings: Deduct Mileage for Supplies & More

In summary, tax deductible mileage refers to the distance traveled for business, charitable, or medical purposes that can be deducted from your taxable income when filing your taxes. The current standard mileage rate for tax deduction is 57.5 cents per mile driven for business purposes, 17 cents per mile driven for medical purposes, and 14 cents per mile driven for charitable purposes. However, you cannot claim tax deductible mileage for your daily commute to work, as it is considered a personal expense. To claim tax deductible mileage, you will need to keep a detailed record of your mileage and supporting documentation. There are also limitations on tax deductible mileage, including the specific purpose and reasonableness of the distance traveled, as well as potential limits on certain types of
jrstephens
For each reciept that I have for supplies and things can I deduct the mileage to and from the store for the supplies? I think I can just wanting to double check.

I need some deductions b/c right now I have to pay and hubby is not happy.

I do. and to the bank and to meetings, conference, etc.

Yes, you can.
And to shows, meetings, training, post office, conference (or airport), recruiting interviews...

Thanks! I am off to add some more mileage in PP!!!

Ann, do you have to claim a home office to claim show mileage? Because I don't have a dedicated or big enough space, but I have had some shows I've traveled hundreds of miles for I want to claim! (And yes, the trip was just for the show!)

No, you do not have to claim a home office to be able to claim mileage. I don't take the home office deduction (it's a big red flag that screams "audit me!"), but I ALWAYS have mileage deductions. Any trip you make for your business, whether it's to the grocery store for ingredients or across state lines to do a show, is deductable. You can take mileage OR gas/maintenance percentages, but the mileage is easier and usually results in a bigger deduction.

What should I do for receipts that are an hour + away (example: post office) ....because I was on the way to do something else... but yet I have a local one about 10 miles away? Is it a red flag to just not claim the mileage for those....but do claim it for others?

Having to pay money means you made money. Your husband should see that as a good thing....

Related to Maximize Your Tax Savings: Deduct Mileage for Supplies & More

What is tax deductible mileage?

Tax deductible mileage refers to the distance traveled for business, charitable, or medical purposes that can be deducted from your taxable income when filing your taxes. This deduction is meant to offset the cost of using your personal vehicle for these purposes.

What is the current mileage rate for tax deduction?

The current standard mileage rate for tax deduction is 57.5 cents per mile driven for business purposes, 17 cents per mile driven for medical purposes, and 14 cents per mile driven for charitable purposes.

Can I claim tax deductible mileage for my daily commute to work?

No, you cannot claim tax deductible mileage for your daily commute to work. Commuting to and from your regular place of work is considered a personal expense and is not eligible for tax deductions.

What documentation do I need to claim tax deductible mileage?

To claim tax deductible mileage, you will need to keep a detailed record of your mileage, including the date, purpose, and distance traveled for each trip. You should also keep receipts or other documentation to support your mileage claims.

Are there any limitations on tax deductible mileage?

Yes, there are limitations on tax deductible mileage. The distance traveled must be for a specific purpose, such as business, charitable, or medical, and must be necessary and reasonable. Additionally, there may be limits on the amount of mileage that can be deducted for certain types of expenses, such as commuting to medical appointments or using a personal vehicle for business purposes if you also receive reimbursement from your employer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NewtoMom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • pattybrady