• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Marshmallow Pepermint Creme Sauce

In summary, this conversation is about a Marshmallow Peppermint Creme Sauce which is made with marshmallows, cream, vanilla, and candies. It can be served over brownies, ice cream, pie, or as a dip for pretzels. It thickens upon cooling and is best reheated without using the microwave. Various ideas for serving it were also suggested, such as on top of hot cocoa or with Hershey's syrup.
thechefofnorthbend
Oh ladies I have died and gone to "sweet, stick to your gullet, holiday magic, make me gain 10 pounds just by looking at the bowl" heaven. I made this last night, by accident mind you, and then scooped it over a brownie...I about passed out eating it...but then that would have been a big waste...lol

Here it is...

Marshmallow sauce
18 marshmallows or equivilent amount mini marshmallows
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup andies mint candies or pepermint candies crushed

Heat marshmallows and cream in top of double boiler over boiling water, folding and stirring until marshmallows are almost melted. Add vanilla and continue cooking and stirring until completely melted and well blended with cream. Fold in candies. Let cool and serve over brownies, ice cream, pie...anything!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Wow! That sounds YUMMY! I think all I need is a spoon!

or a straw...LOL

Oh yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

As Homer Simpson would say,Arghglhghghllhghghllhghghlhhh............Yum! I think that needs to go into the show rotation for Death by Chocolate shows.

Marshmallow Peppermint Creme SauceWow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

thechefofnorthbend said:
.......Heat marshmallows and cream in top of double boiler over boiling water, folding and stirring until marshmallows are almost melted. Add vanilla and continue cooking and stirring until completely melted and well blended with cream. Fold in candies. Let cool and serve over brownies, ice cream, pie...anything!

Enjoy!
okay, I'm making this today! Got a question though..... I don't have the double boiler so I'm planning to do it in one of my Exec Pans and just lower the heat a little. Also, in reference to the candy....are you stiring them until they melt or just until they are mixed-in? With the Andies candies it seems like they will melt rather quickly, but the peppermint might not melt as fast. thanks!

Sounds fabulous! I can't wait to try it. Thanks, Darby!

um...did anyone miss the "by accident" thing? It sounds like a lot of work to do "by accident!" What kind of accident? Oops, I spilled the fluff, marshmallows, cream, vanilla and candy into a double boiler! I guess I'll make this divine sauce!

Sorry for the sillies this morning!

LOL Kim

That sounds awesome.. I love marshmallow w/ my chocolate ice cream and whats better than peppermint with it? all 3 of my faves in one bowl! gotta try it

I wonder how this would be on top of hot cocoa?

Shawnna said:

How about a dip, like for Pretzels!!! Cause I really think it needs a little salt...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LOL...here is how my "accident" came about :)

My 9 year old daughter came to me asking if we could make smores. We have a fire bowl in our backyard that we would usually do it over (roasting marshmallows) but she didnt want a "crusty brown" marshmallow so asked if we could just melt it a little. She wont eat things from the microwave (says they taste funny...thats a WHOLE other story) so I decided to do it in a sauce pot on the stove top. Well, it was just getting stuck to the pan so I decided to add a bit of cream to help it along. All I had was heavy cream (I know bad mom not having any milk in the house) so I used that. Well it got TOO thin so I thought "hmmmm, we could make our own jet puff...lol" but it was too runny so I decided to have fun and add a few more ingred. like the candies (andes mint pieces just melted into the mixture and the hard candies will stay firm but soften i bet). We had made a batch of brownies for her girl scout meeting and had some left over so we tried it out and BOY OH BOY! And tha, ladies, is how I accidently got this yummy treat!

Shawnna said:

Delicious I'm thinking. My 1st thought when I read this recipe was "got to try that on my hot chocoa"

How about on DH? (Let it cool first!)Or should that go into a different thread?

chefann said:
How about on DH? (Let it cool first!)

Or should that go into a different thread?
BWAAAHHHAAAAA Thanks for the laugh today!!!

chefann said:

Ann......:eek: TMI!!!

pamperedlinda said:
Ann......:eek: TMI!!!

That's why I wondered about putting it in a different thread. LOL

Besides, it would make the sheets sticky. Yuk.

Ok- I apologize. It's the 12 years that I spent in Catholic school that twisted me beyond redemption. I'm sorry.

LOL! 12 years of Catholic School for me, too!! LOL

OMG...what have I started here...LOL...12 yrs of catholic school for me too, along with years upon years of CCD, CYA and Alter serving is enough to make any lady BREAK OUT OF HER SHELL!!:p

hee hee hee! It's true!! LOL :D

When I was in college, I almost bought my Mom an "I survived Catholic School" t-shirt. :)Bingo and raffles still send me screaming from the room....

"I-52".....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

We've got a comedian on our hands!!
chefann said:

LADIES & GENTLEMEN!!! SHE'LL BE HERE ALL WEEK!!!!

Might be nice if you've got the non-hairy version!!!

No double boiler, just use a bowl over top your pan. Careful about doing this.

When it cools, how thick does it get? This could be a great dip to serve along side the pumpkin dip in the SA, with pretzels, or maybe small cookies!!!

Yes, i am embracing the holiday spirit and the extra weight!!

our sauce thickened upon cooling, but we used a little bit, then put the rest in the fridge. We will just reheat (remember, not in the microwave, that is just totally gross...sheesh) and eat again...probably tonight:)

When I first read the post I also wondered what could cause an accident like this..lol! As far as on DH, I myself believe really good sweets are things to be enjoyed alone in a quiet room..save the Hersheys syrup for the hubby!LOL!! This sounds like it would be divine spread on chocolate bark!

I made it!!!YUMMY does not even begin to describe how good this is!

I cut the recipe in half and made it in my small Exec pan (no double boiler, just did it on low heat). de...lish....ous!!!! I even found Andes Candies baking bits at the store - no chopping involved!

In case you are wondering....I ate mine on a spoon - no brownies, ice cream, pretzels, or DH!!! and it was wonderful!

Thanks for the recipe by mistake!

I'm doing a show this weekend. Can ya'll think of a way to incorporate this into a 'pizza'?

it thickens as it cools, so maybe if you let it cool down to the consistency (my spelling is horrible) you could drizzle this over the TAP???

mmm... let it thicken and spread it on a cookie/brownie. It would be good on chocolate/chocolate chip, brownie, gingerbread (without the mint), sugar cookie. And then you could top it with more Andes mints or some other candy.

Mmmm...my mouth is watering just thinking about it!!

Totally. If I wasn't so tired I would make it right now. LOL.
I have given up on losing these last 10 "pregnancy pounds" (my youngest is 13 months. LOL.) I'll start to diet again in January....maybe! LOL

Ok...I'm thinking that if you omit the candies and just make the creme, let it cool to a thicker substance, then spread it over the cooked gingerbread cookie on the stone (maybe blend it with cream cheese) then drizzle the caramel topping and some chopped nuts or shaved belgin chocolate, that would be a good pie like dessert. You could replace the vanilla flavoring with a hint of brandy, or bourbon, or another fine liquer...

thechefofnorthbend said:
Ok...I'm thinking that if you omit the candies and just make the creme, let it cool to a thicker substance, then spread it over the cooked gingerbread cookie on the stone (maybe blend it with cream cheese) then drizzle the caramel topping and some chopped nuts or shaved belgin chocolate, that would be a good pie like dessert. You could replace the vanilla flavoring with a hint of brandy, or bourbon, or another fine liquer...

This sounds pretty good too!

Hey Darby, I can't tell you how many things I've created in my kitchen with just that kind of accident. :rolleyes:

Has anyone here tried the new Candy Cane Hershey Kisses? To die for!!! I did my grocery shopping today, so I picked up a package of marshmallows and some candy cane kisses. Can't wait to try this recipe with the kisses. If I ever come out of my diabetic coma I'll let you know how it worked. ;)

Candy Cane Hershey Kisses???? Do tell!! I have not seen these!!

I havent seen any candy cane hersheys kisses!! yum...those would be great for shortbread thumbprint cookies!

Wouldn't this be delicious sandwiched between two cookies? I'm thinking cookie swap shows...

I used to live in Hampton Roads!! Norfolk...over off of Shore Drive, behind the Blue Crab!!!

There is another Norfolk Cheffer here too! I live on the west side of town, in Suffolk. If I hit traffic, I mean, when I hit traffic, Norfolk seems like a day-long adventure!

LOL...we HATED the TUNNEL...lol

mhrivera said:
There is another Norfolk Cheffer here too! I live on the west side of town, in Suffolk. If I hit traffic, I mean, when I hit traffic, Norfolk seems like a day-long adventure!

My mom lives in Portsmouth and so does my God-mom & my step-dad lives in Chesapeake. Traffic is ALWAYS mad. The first time I drove both my hubby and cousin along Military HWY, I think their nails left imprints on my dash. You look for and opening and go!! Most of the time crossing 5 lanes at once, because your turn is 100 feet from the exit you just got off! CRAZY!!!

I don't know how long y'all have lived there, but I remember when the Fudge Shop at Waterside would sing while they mixed those HUGE batches of fudge by hand with those super big paddles. There was nothing like the smell of all that hot fudge.

chefann said:

That is DEFINITELY another thread!! :) Maybe one of those OTHER direct sales companies (that specialize in those type of products) might like this recipe.

mmm what an awesome accident! I can only hope to make one my own self

The first time I drove both my hubby and cousin along Military HWY, I think their nails left imprints on my dash.
Why in the world would they put a Wal*Mart on that road??? LOL...what were they THINKING???

There she goes... LOL
thechefofnorthbend said:
it thickens as it cools, so maybe if you let it cool down to the consistency (my spelling is horrible) you could drizzle this over the TAP???

There she goes, bringing up pouring on hubby again (check out my last name...LOL). :D

SusanBP0129 said:
Candy Cane Hershey Kisses???? Do tell!! I have not seen these!!

I found these at Walgreen's today and have hidden them from the kids. :D

LOL...although it sounds quite fun...my DH has a sticky phobia...so it would put him into panic mode...:eek:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies