• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Managing Taxes for PC: Tips for Success

In summary, Jenni is planning on doing 4 shows a month for $400. She is saving all receipts and is also going to get a good accountant to help her deduct expenses. Jenni also plans on setting up an office in the junk room and has big plans for it. Her seven year old son is excited to visit her office some time.
Jenni
Hello~ I have done one show and did great! My husband is very worried about the tax end of PC. He would be very upset if we had to pay at the end of the year. My plan/goal is 4 shows a month at $400 ave a show. So can anyone give me some advice... do you put money away? So far I saved all recites so far... I did some trail runs of the recipes I made at my open house. Th
e food and paper products I bought for open house, postage, mileage..

Hi, Congrats on your first show. Tax wise, advise get a good accountant that knows how to deduct for a business. You can deduct mileage,food receipts, consultant gifts, anything that is needed for your business. That is huge, for a write off of the sales you make. I have been in the business for 1 year. And this past year made 3,000. And still paid no taxes.. Yeah.... So tell hubby to chill and let you run your business and suceed at it... good luck. Mine hubby thougth it wouldn;t work for me and I just hit my 15,000 sales...

+ a percentage of your house/cell phone bills, internet, home electric & heat can also be written off.
You just need a space (room) you can call your "home office".

If it makes your DH feel better, set aside 10% of your commissions in a saving account. When you deduct ALL that you are able to, you will not have to pay any extra taxes! Then, you will have a nice little nest egg built up!

I have been doing this for 4 years. Made a lot some years, made a little some years. I am dilegent on keeping receipts and writing off everything that I can, though!

Thanks~Thanks- for all the info.... I am going to save everything and take lots of notes!

This afternoon I cleaned the room over the garage (the junk room) and made myself and office Ok maybe its just a desk but I have big plans :)
My seven year old asked if he could come visit my office some time LOL he is so cute!!!

Jenni...that's great that you will have a room for yourself and PC!! Have fun setting it all up and decorating!

Remember mileage even for trips to the bank to deposit checks, trips to grocery store for practice and show food, The practice and show food, products purchased for demonstration purposes (the first year is a great time to invest in your kitchen -- the primary demo and practice area).

Partial deduction (depends on accountant) of PC, Internet, cell phone, computer supplies and repairs.

Cooking magazine, cook books, office supplies, postage used within the business, business related classes(cooking, bookkeeping etc).

floccies said:
Remember mileage even for trips to the bank to deposit checks, trips to grocery store for practice and show food, The practice and show food, products purchased for demonstration purposes (the first year is a great time to invest in your kitchen -- the primary demo and practice area).

Partial deduction (depends on accountant) of PC, Internet, cell phone, computer supplies and repairs.

Cooking magazine, cook books, office supplies, postage used within the business, business related classes(cooking, bookkeeping etc).

Bank miles that is one I had forgotten about- just went back and put that in!

Related to Managing Taxes for PC: Tips for Success

1. What is "New and Have Tax"?

"New and Have Tax" is a term used to describe individuals or businesses who have recently started earning income and are now required to pay taxes.

2. Who is considered "New and Have Tax"?

Anyone who has recently started earning income, whether through a new job, a new business venture, or other means, is considered "New and Have Tax".

3. What taxes do "New and Have Tax" individuals or businesses have to pay?

The specific taxes that "New and Have Tax" individuals or businesses have to pay may vary depending on their location and the type of income they are earning. However, some common taxes include income tax, sales tax, and self-employment tax.

4. How do I determine how much tax I owe as a "New and Have Tax" individual or business?

The amount of tax you owe as a "New and Have Tax" individual or business will depend on your income and the tax laws in your area. It is recommended to consult a tax professional or use online tax calculators to determine your tax liability.

5. Are there any tax breaks or deductions available for "New and Have Tax" individuals or businesses?

Yes, there may be tax breaks or deductions available for "New and Have Tax" individuals or businesses. For example, if you are self-employed, you may be able to deduct business expenses from your taxable income. It is important to research and consult a tax professional to take advantage of any available tax breaks or deductions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jesusluvsu2005
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • rennea
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
reba515
  • cheflorraine