• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making a Decision: Balancing Pampered Chef and Family During Deployment

In summary, Teresa is moving to a small town in Texas and is afraid that she will not be able to keep up with her business. She is also going to be taking some classes while the boys are at school.
stacieka
I have a dilema.
I am a Pampered chef part timer. I don't put a lot of effort into PC.Most of my shows are the same circles of people. I have been selling for a little over year now and have a little over $10,000 in career sales.

We live on a marine Corps Base in Hawaii. My husband is deploying in march. As a family we decided that it would be best if I went back to texas to save some money and so I would have some support (we have 2 boys).

the town I will be living in is smallish. Just outside of Ft. Worth. I will be living with my parents (Who are not really willing to watch the boys if I have shows)and we will only be there for about 8 months or so.i have one last show here in hawaii on the 13th. we leave the island for good on the 31st.

I just don't know if I will be able to keep up with doing PC or at least staying active. I am also going to be taking some classes while the boys are at school. It would be way expensive for me to ship all of my pc stuff home. Then there is always the risk of it being broken in transit.

If I give up PC now it will be for good. I would lose all of my career sales and have to buy a new kit which is not worth when I would be able to start again. I enjoy PC but dont rely on it for the income.

I don't know should I jus give it up or should I try and keep it going?

what is the name of the town you're moving to?
Maybe you can wap babysitting with someone in your hospitality cluster.

Can you request a leave of absence or whatever they call it? That would save your career sales and everything.

I will be living in weatherford. I am kinda weird on who I leave my kids with so I don't know if the babysitting thing would work. I know I can request a leave of absence but I believe my director told me it is only for 3 months. That just doesnt give me enough time.

OK, I just realized I've been around the military for way too long! (I'm retired AF.) I see Ft and instantly assume Army base! DUH! So my response below is null and void.

Being military, you should also have a support network there since you'll be near Ft Worth. Don't forget that part. The Family Center (or whatever the Army calls it) will have some great info for you. I know AF Centers even list babysitters who are CPR qualified and such (other than FCC providers). And you'll still have your current clientelle. And they can order from you no matter where you both are! I'd hate to see you give up without at least trying. It's not terribly hard to stay active, you might surprise yourself and do great!

Last edited:
I'd at least try to sign up for the leave--3 months is some time to see what happens---catalog shows will keep u active and outside orders!!:D

It is so hard being a miltary family....I know. My Marine leaves tomorrow for a 6 month deployment to parts unknown. My best advice to you is to rely on the clientele that you have. See if you can find 12 interested parties to take turns "hosting" a show for you for the next year. Have them each commit to a $20 product purchase once a month and once during that year period they will get to be the host for the show with all the benefits. Don't give up....even if that does not work you can still keep going by submitting individual orders. Plus don't forget friends and family at home. It is just $100 a month in sales to stay active.

Let us know if we can help...

We have friends near Weatherford, I think they have a great farmers market
keep your chin up, devote yourself to your kids as they re-adjust you can submit $200 to stay active that will be easy with the new products either from new contacts here in Texas or a commited buddy where you are now,.
You can do it!!
Teresa

Moving can be great for your business!

Imagine if there were only one McDonalds...how many hamburgers could one McDonalds possibly sell? The reason they are so successful is because they have branched out and have stores everywhere. Think of your business as a store, you can keep your Hawaii "store" available to your customers, work like crazy to make your Texas "store" a continued success, and start a new "store" at the next location.

Paige Dixon said:
Moving can be great for your business!

Imagine if there were only one McDonalds...how many hamburgers could one McDonalds possibly sell? The reason they are so successful is because they have branched out and have stores everywhere. Think of your business as a store, you can keep your Hawaii "store" available to your customers, work like crazy to make your Texas "store" a continued success, and start a new "store" at the next location.

Good call, Paige! I think that's great advice!:)

Don't forget about catalog shows too. Even if you can't get someone to watch your kids, you can at least do catalogs shows. I had one that was over $600 in November, and none of mine have been under $200, so even one a month would keep you active. Or do kid themed shows for moms with younger kids and bring yours to the show to help out (depending on their ages). That's what I'm trying to do with my 4 kids since my husband is now working for himself and rarely home. Use the "Let's Eat" cookbook for some easy ideas to do with the kids. I even got the apron and hat for my 3 year old to wear and he loves them!

Thanks for all of your ideas and help. I think I will put in for leave right before I "go inactive" from my last show so that should give me about what like 5 months? hten I am sure I can get my mom to host a catalog party and probably my mother in law too. I will just space them out so that they are just enough to keep me active. I really hate to give up my career sales. Hopefully this will take care of that :)

Good luck with everything. I'm sure it's a hard decision. For just doing this to have fun basically, having over 10,000 sales is great in one year! You're almost to your raise! Maybe once you're there, you can set up at a booth of some sort to meet new people. And, like others said, the catalog shows can keep you active also. Good luck:)

Related to Making a Decision: Balancing Pampered Chef and Family During Deployment

What are some tips for balancing my Pampered Chef business and my family during my spouse's deployment?

1. Prioritize your time: It's important to prioritize your tasks and make a schedule that allows you to focus on your family while still being able to work on your Pampered Chef business. This could mean setting aside specific hours for work and family time.

2. Delegate tasks: Don't be afraid to ask for help from friends, family, or even other Pampered Chef consultants. Delegate tasks that you may not have time for or that can be done by someone else to help lighten your workload.

3. Utilize technology: With today's technology, it's easier than ever to stay connected with your Pampered Chef team and customers. Use social media, email, and video calls to communicate and work on your business remotely.

4. Stay organized: Keeping track of your business and family responsibilities can be overwhelming during a deployment. Use a planner or digital calendar to stay organized and on top of your tasks.

5. Take care of yourself: It's important to prioritize self-care during a deployment. Make time for activities that help you relax and recharge, such as exercising, reading, or spending time with friends. This will help you maintain a healthy balance between your business and family life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedmami
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefallison53
  • Doraine
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Natashya Giardina