• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Lost: 42 Pounds (No, Not Looking for It Again!)

In summary, Janice has lost 42 pounds and is 5'7". She has also started WW and is walking or walking/running every day for 30-45 minutes. She has not eaten over 35 points every week, but if she overindulges she compensates with a little exercise. She is also committed to getting back to her pre-surgical weight. Sandra has lost 20 pounds and is committed to getting back to her pre-pregnancy weight. She is also walking everyday.
jwpamp
Just doing a "toot" to myself....I have officially lost 42 pounds in the last 14 weeks.

YEAH!!

I am 5'7" tall and have gone from a size 16 to a size 10. I still have about 10-15 pounds to go, but am so very happy with my progress so far.

I started doing a little WW (not officially, though...have a friend who did it and got the info from her --no meetings or online). Now I just follow what I think is a good balanced meal plan and walk or walk/run everyday. I do 3-4 miles /day which is very do-able for me. I break it up into 2 different times, A.M. and P.M. I figure I will "walk" to work and home every day and it's about 2 miles each way...so I walk "to the office" in the morning and I walk "home" after dinner. It takes about 30-45 minutes each depending on how fast I am going.

I never ate my "extra" 35 points every week, but now if I overindulge I just work out a little more to compensate. We are always going out to eat...I just have the server bring a box with my meal and put half away before I even start eating. And I am making healthier food choices, of course.

Just wanted to give some encouragement to those out there who are thinking about losing weight also. I was so tired and sluggish and was feeling bad -- not to mention that my mother, father and brother were all diabetic...that's not where I want to go!

You know I realized that you don't see any old fat people around....I am 47 and want to be here for awhile!

Hope this helps someone else, too!!

CONGRATULATIONS Janice! What a great accomplishment!

I was beginning to tell people that I started Pampered Chef 40 pounds ago -- YIKES!! Not anymore -- I am (was) selling the heck out of the Deep Covered Baker, Salad Spinner and Salad Choppers, too. Those are things that I use for my own weight loss routine and others can see the difference that I am enjoying. It's really helped my sales!

Congratulations!!! What a great job!

Way to go girl! WW is a great plan. I like that they teach you healthier eating habits both in the food choices and the quantity. I never understood all the "do this for a while & then go back to what you used to do" programs. Making a change in your appearance means making a change in your attitude and your life too! :D I'm proud of you girl, brag away!!! :D

Way to go Janice!!!! :D

Good for you Janice!!!

Way to go Janice!! Fourteen weeks!! That's amazing! I hope to join you soon. I'm not very disciplined with my eating, but I'm down about 20 pounds!!

Congratulations Janice! That is AWESOME!! :D

Congrats to you, too Sandra!!! :party:

Congrats to you Janice and Chef Kearns! That's a serious accompishment!

Love the title janice! :)

CONGRATULATIONS to each of you! I had lost 42 last summer but unlike you... most of mine I have found again and I'm sad so your post is VERY timely and inspiring. I've GOT to get walking, that's all there is to it. Eating healthy is just not that hard... I just let emotions get in there and don't care sometimes. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing today! God knew I needed to read this!!!!!!!

Congrats to you, too Sandra!!

I found that running (or walking really fast) was an excellent stress reliever, so when I get stressed I get on the treadmill or go outside for a walk. It works!

I have had a few problems with my right knee the last week or so -- and have been doing more walking than running, but anything is better than nothing.

It's also nice that my spinal surgery healed so well that I can do anything at all -- I am committed to getting back to where I was before surgery (that was 6 years ago!).

awesome job!!!! It's so easy to put it on, so hard to take it off...

that's awesome!! Way to go!

Great job! You should post pics.
I go to bed every night and say you know tomorrow I'm getting back on my elliptical. Really need to follow through.

Congratulations Janice and Sandra! That's FANTASTIC!!

I also said i'm not doing this anymore about 6-7 weeks ago. I have a huge craving for sugar and chocolate! Well not anymore. I made a conscious decision to stop eating everything and start doing more activities. So the kids and i started bike riding everyday 3miles. it's great for all of us! I watch most of what i eat and really don't have a craving anymore. I follow WW suggestions and it's working well. (i did have bbq ribs, corn on the cob w/butter and salt and 3 perogies the other night dipped in sour cream!-but we all need to indulge sometimes!) I kept making excuses for myself on why I couldn't lose weight and the biggest one was i don't have my thyroid anymore and the medication is always changing. Ha! I proved to myself that i can do it!!

I've lost 25 1/2lbs and 11 1/2 inches (different parts of body) in 6 weeks and am also going to start my WII fit again. I started at 214lbs and am down to 188.4 right now. :) I can't remember the last time i was that! My goal is to get to 160lbs so i'm almost half way to my goal! :)

The best part? I FEEL so much better about myself, my husband and kids are SO proud of me and are always complimenting me. I Love shopping again! I'm not doing too much shopping though b/c i won't be this size for long! I did shop for the disney trip and may buy a new top for NC.

Thanks Janice for starting this thread! It's nice to feel a part of it and actually write/share my goals. :)

Way to go Kristi!!! I'm so proud of you and can't wait to see you so I can give you a big hug!!!! :D

Wow, CONGRATS!!! You are all so inspiring with your success stories. I have been struggling with my weight for a while now and since losing my dad I have been do down in the dumps that I haven't cared about what/ if I eat. I keep saying I need to move in a better direction, change my eating and start walking.
These stories have moved me to push myself harder.

you guys are awesome. I had a LOT to lose but just can't get started.... I look at our Disney pics and I look so gross :(Maybe we need an accountability thread?

I think for me it was just making the decision to follow thru...and the medical aspect--

and the trip we are taking to Hawaii (not PC, just on our own) in a few months!!!!

For Maui in May I will be taking our 27 year old daughter. My husband can't get vacation then, so it's just us girls!

Hey, finally got some good pics to post (from National). It's my Before and my "so far" -- I have about 15 more pounds to go....

I am on the far left in the pic from 2009 National Conf. and by myself in the 2010 pic.

Attachments

• Group at National Conference.jpg
    Group at National Conference.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 264
  • Janice - 200k wall.jpg
    Janice - 200k wall.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 281
Wow! The picture says it all. You look great!

lookin good girlfriend! How did I not see you AT ALL at conference?!?!?!?!?!

I know....I looked for you -- there were soooooo many people there!! Sorry we missed each other!

Janice you look awesome!!! So happy I was able to see you!!!!!

Thanks so much, Colleen -- I was so glad to see YOU! You aren't that far away, are you? Maybe we could meet halfway for lunch sometime (New Buffalo, Niles??) -- oops....nevermind -- saw you are 4 hours from me - :-(

We stopped in New Buffalo for lunch yesterday! Cute town!!! We'll catch up at conference next year! :)

WOW you look great!! That's what I plan on my story being at conference next year.

wow! you look wonderful!
okay, how did you resize your pics bc mine are too big.

Open the pic in "Paint" on your computer, click "Image" > "Resize" > then enter 25 and 25 in the Horizontal and Vertical. Click "OK", then "Save As" ____ (you name it).

I keep the new pic in the same folder as the old. You can see which one to pic by hovering over the thumbnails with your mouse.

Janice, you look fabulous!!! Wish I'd seen you at Conference!!Kristi, I thought you looked great too!!! And I could tell how much you've lost just by the pics I'd seen of you before.Maybe I can use you guys to inspire me. Time to kick it up a notch myself!

Thanks Janice!

Okay the resized one is me April 2010.
The one losing 34lbs is the one taken on July 13th,2010.

I'm now 34lbs lighter!! 16-26lbs to go and I'll be at my goal weight. :)

Gross! did i really just post that to share? Well, we are here to help, right? thanks for always being supportive, all of you!

Thanks for posting the pic of me looking like a cow, Kristie! ;) I know I "just" had a baby, but he's 10 months old now! Seriously considering joining WW again...I think that is the healthiest thing for me right now.

Wow, Kristi -- you look FANTASTIC!! Congrats!! And Deb, I used the WW program (unofficially) to lose mine -- for me it's easy to lose and hard to keep off!

jwpamp said:
Wow, Kristi -- you look FANTASTIC!! Congrats!! And Deb, I used the WW program (unofficially) to lose mine -- for me it's easy to lose and hard to keep off!

I tried WW...I am nursing so had the nursing moms points. I don't think I can use any other program and still keep nursing successfully. If you lose weight too fast, your milk dries up.

Anyway, I did lose on WW, albiet slowly, but I have no will power. Chocolate, ice cream, cakes, etc....they call my name and I don't say no. LOL

Why is this so hard????
Still figuring out what to do.

DebbieJ said:
Thanks for posting the pic of me looking like a cow, Kristie! ;)

I know I "just" had a baby, but he's 10 months old now! Seriously considering joining WW again...I think that is the healthiest thing for me right now.

Oh stop!! Like i told you yesterday, you have a baby! I looked like i had a baby for 6 years! Ugh!! I guess technically 5 b/c i was fine after i had my last but then i had my thyroid out when she was 9 months and that thru my body in a rapid decline. I had my daughter in July, had christmas pics taken in December and then april 05 had my thyroid out. (had just started pc too! it was my first super starter month and was in the hospital for 5 days-obviously stayed in though!!!)if i posted the christmas picture then one a few months after my surgery, it's a big difference!

I used the pic of us b/c it's the only one i have that's a full view! I'll go back and see if i have a different one but don't think i do. Give me a minute! Ok it's off!!!

Thank you Janice!! I really appreciate it!

Wow, way to go you guys!! I'm impressed!! I need some inspiration too. I had a GREAT work out routine going, then school got it and it's MUCH harder to fit it in. And of course I have a treadmill here at home and I just don't make the effort to use it. I should because I learned some AWESOME stuff through my personal trainer who I meet with once a week. The interval training (walk for 2-3 minutes, run/jog for 1, then repeat for 30 minutes) really is the way to go. It boosts your metabolism. I just can't make myself do it consistently at home!

And I have my 20 year reunion in October, so you'd think I'd be motivated by that, but I"m an "all or nothing" thinker. It's hard to be motivated when I can't lose the 60 or so pounds I want to lose by then. I'm thinking the 10-15 pounds i could lose won't make much of a difference.

So, Kristi, what's your method to losing your weight? Way to go!! For those of you looking for an easy calorie-tracking method, take a look at www.myfitnesspal.com. You also can input your workouts and calories burned. Maybe I need to get more consistent with this. And it's FREE!

pampmomof3 said:
Oh stop!! Like i told you yesterday, you have a baby! I looked like i had a baby for 6 years! Ugh!! I guess technically 5 b/c i was fine after i had my last but then i had my thyroid out when she was 9 months and that thru my body in a rapid decline. I had my daughter in July, had christmas pics taken in December and then april 05 had my thyroid out. (had just started pc too! it was my first super starter month and was in the hospital for 5 days-obviously stayed in though!!!)if i posted the christmas picture then one a few months after my surgery, it's a big difference!

I used the pic of us b/c it's the only one i have that's a full view! I'll go back and see if i have a different one but don't think i do. Give me a minute! Ok it's off!!!

Thank you Janice!! I really appreciate it!

oh, you didn't have to take it down. You do look fabulous my friend and it's motivation for me to do something too. So thank you for that!!!!!!!!!!! :candyheart::candyheart::candyheart:

This thread is pretty darn inspiring. You guys look absolutely amazing! I know some of you know, but I had weight loss surgery two years ago and I've lost over 130 pounds. The problem. I've been sitting at the same weight with 15-20 pounds to lose for the last year (I'm bound and determined to finish this journey once and for all!!!). I'm going to use you guys as my inspiration. I know I need to exercise and I really, really hope that it will jump start things again. Now I'm PC motivated and weight loss motivated...watch out world, here I come :) :)

Would anyone want to start a private yahoo group or something to keep us motivated? I wouldn't want to do it here on DCS.Lemme know and I can create the group.

Deb,
I would be interested, and I have all my baby weight and then some. I know our boys are the same age, so you aren't the only one wondering what to do. I joined a gym and started working out at 6:30 am, which was hard, but I did feel better. I just didn't loose anything after 2 months so then when we went to Disney I lost my routine and now I have a sprained ankle. I could use some motivation.

Sure Deb, I could use some accountability for my eating habits. I haven't really left anything out of my diet. I'm trying to limit the amount and make better choices. But when I go on vacation or conference and stuff I let most of that blow right out the window. Then I don't exercise on top of that. Right now I feel pretty huge! LOL!

Sign me up! I love accountability and support :)

Me too- I've gained back the 20 lbs I worked so hard to lose 3 years ago.....
For me accountability is the key also. It's so easy to make excuses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwpamp
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • micocina