• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Safe Apartments near St. Joseph's University?

In summary, a person is looking for suggestions for their sister who recently got accepted to St. Joseph's University for Grad School near Philadelphia. They are unsure about the area and are looking for a safe apartment close to campus. They plan to visit in June to look around. Some suggestions have been given, such as living in the suburbs for safety and parking on campus for a nominal fee. More suggestions and apartment complex recommendations are being sought.
iteachurkid
Silver Member
Anyone out there near Philadelphia? My youngest sister just got accepted to St. Joseph's University for Grad School and we know nothing about the area. She needs to find an apartment close to campus, that's a really safe place since she'll be living by herself. I think we are going to head up in June to start looking around. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

I live near Philly, but not close enough to st. joes to know apartments. I will ask around. My girls are freshman in college this year, so I know the age group.
Why won't she be in the dorms?

pclinskie said:
I live near Philly, but not close enough to st. joes to know apartments. I will ask around. My girls are freshman in college this year, so I know the age group.
Why won't she be in the dorms?

Ditto to that. I will check in with some of my friends who live in the city and know it better than I do.

Oops just reread, Grad school. sorry, I will still ask around,

Bump?....
Hi Jean I know I owe you an email. I just got back from a long weekend at the shore with my MOm and aunts.
Last week dealt with an ill father in law.
I will email later, are you still thinking of driving?
Linda

I live very close to that area, and grew up near there, too. St. Joe's is located in an interesting area - it's in the "city" (technically Phila. county), but it's right next to the suburbs, too. I would highly recommend that she get an apartment in the suburbs, if she has transportation or can get access to it easily. Ardmore, Bryn Mawr and those surrounding suburbs are very close to St. Joe's and are much safer than the neighborhoods in Philly where the school is. My cousin went to St. Joe's and lived in an apt. across the street from the school, but he's a boy, and he partied a lot. He trashed his house, and it got broken into a few times (but they didn't care - they were poor college guys with junk). ;) I would recommend she find temporary housing for the first few months until she makes some friends and can find a roommate to get a lease on an apartment somewhere close by. Hope that helps! If you come to visit, let us know! :)

Hey everyone! Thanks sooo much for all of the help! You have no idea how much I appreciate you checking with your friends for me!!

Cathy, I'll definitely let her know what you said. She has a car, so she has transportation. If you know the names of any apartment complexes that might be in the area you are talking about, that would be great. She's googled apartments in Philadelphia and has looked at a ton of different ones online. She just doesn't know where they are in relation to the "good" areas of the city. We'll be up to visit and look around probably in June...we'll have to get together :)

Thanks again everyone! I really appreciate it! You guys really are the best :)

pclinskie said:
Bump?....
Hi Jean I know I owe you an email. I just got back from a long weekend at the shore with my MOm and aunts.
Last week dealt with an ill father in law.
I will email later, are you still thinking of driving?
Linda

Hi, Linda,

No problem - I am not going anywhere! :)

We are still planning to drive - especially now with so many airlines going under; I am kind of glad!

Talk to you soon!

-Jean

So my sister has done a little research...and my dad talked to a friend of his. He was told that it was extremely expensive to park in Philadelphia and my sister should try to live as close to campus as she can so she can walk to classes. Now, if this isn't the safest area, I'm not so sure this is a good idea. Anyone know about the price of parking?? Thanks in advance for your help!!!

You can park on Campus, don't know the cost, It is not right in Philadelphia. It's in the suburbs.

That's right - she can park on campus for a nominal fee (less than center city parking, which IS expensive). Technically, St. Joe's is in "Phila.", but it's LITERALLY across the street from the suburbs. City Line Ave. is where it's located, and if you cross from St. Joe's to the other side of the street, you're out of Philly and in Delaware County. Yes, it's a little odd. But, I still highly suggest getting an apartment in the suburban areas I mentioned. I can ask my dad about apartment complexes this weekend - he works right down the road from there and can probably get some info. from the people he works with. I don't know the area as well now as I used to (dated a guy from the area when I was in college, met my DH in the area when we were in our 20's), so I don't know any off-hand, but I can totally picture where your sister should look and where she should "steer clear" from.We will be away in June for a week's vacation (6/14 - 6/22), but if you come at any other time, it would be great to meet you, too! My sister actually lives outside of Richmond, so we'll have family connections in each other's states! We will be stopping in that area on our way to and from vac. that week, too.Hope this helps - feel free to PM or email me if you have any other specific questions. Talk to you soon!

Cathy, thanks so much! I just copied and pasted what you wrote and sent it to her in an e-mail. You have no idea how much I appreciate your help! I'll e-mail with anything else we come up with :) Thanks again!

What is the closest Pampered Chef location to Philadelphia?

The closest Pampered Chef location to Philadelphia is in King of Prussia, PA, which is about 22 miles away.

Do you offer any cooking classes near Philadelphia?

Yes, we offer cooking classes at our King of Prussia location as well as at various locations throughout the Philadelphia area. You can check our website for upcoming classes and events.

Can I host a Pampered Chef party in Philadelphia?

Yes, we offer in-home parties where you can invite friends and family to learn about our products and try them out for themselves. Simply contact a consultant in the Philadelphia area to schedule a party.

Are there any discounts or promotions available for Pampered Chef products in Philadelphia?

Our consultants in the Philadelphia area often offer special discounts and promotions for their customers. You can also check our website for any current sales or promotions.

Does Pampered Chef offer any gluten-free or allergen-free products near Philadelphia?

Yes, we offer a variety of gluten-free and allergen-free products, including cookware, utensils, and ingredients, at our King of Prussia location and through our consultants in the Philadelphia area. You can also find a list of our gluten-free products on our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AngieS
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MHouting
  • General Chat
Replies