• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Camp Ground Show Ideas...

In summary, Jeannie says that there are a few files that you can look at to get some ideas for a camping recipe demo. Paula says that you can use the same concept as when she does a lunch hour show and just focus on camping foods and the tools that they have on that list. Jeannie says that she usually brings her tools with her when she goes camping with the Girl Scouts.
twinkie10
Gold Member
I've never done one and could use some help... she called today and wants to do it in a couple of weeks.

Do you have any ideas to share??? Any threads or posts you can direct me to?

Thanks so much!

Jeannie

If you go to the files section and type in camping there are a few files that come up... a couple of them are an invitation (3 that are the same invite) and then there are 2 more that have lists of PC tools for camping... There aren't any actual recipes, but you can probably get an idea from the lists of tools... maybe just have a camping recipe already made up and just do a fun demo showing all the great tools for camping, just like chop up some veggies with the food chopper or salad choppers or whatever. Kind of a non-demo demo... KWIM? I don't know how to insert the files or I'd just insert them for you, but they're quite easy to find if you follow the above instructions. I'll try to think of a good recipe demo...

Oh, there is another file that I just found that is Pamper Your Camper and it has some meal ideas with PC tools, looks like a good file to check out. I might even check it out for our camping trip this summer!

Thank you Paula! I'm really not too crazy about doing one of these shows, but the more suggestions the easier it might be to convince me =)

I think if you go over those files and get some ideas it could be a lot of fun. When I do a lunch hour show, I usually just make a dessert or something ahead, or maybe throw together a trifle and then I go through the fun stuff... I usually bring a potato, a carrot, a cuke, a lime, garlic, things like that... then I show the peelers, the microplane adj. grater, the food chopper, the Ult. Mandoline, the Citrus Press, the garlic press, now the other garlic tools, the pineapple wedger.... so you could use the same concept and just focus more on camping foods and the tools that they have on that list. Maybe make some kind of game of people wearing something campy (I have no idea what! :rolleyes:) but you know... A lot of people camp and go RVing and there are a lot of our tools that are great for it. I use to take my old stuff camping and leave my good stuff at home, now I don't want to do that, I need my PC stuff, the other stuff sucks! :eek: I don't believe in roughing it!

I bring my tools with me when I go camping with the Girl Scouts. Letting the leaders use them to prepare the meals is like having a show. I also wear my logo shirts when I can.

I did a Pamper your Camper show last summer in the camps community house. I did Monkey Bread in the microwave in the fluted pan. It was a good show.... I'll try to do more this summer.

Attachments

• Monkey Bread.doc
    20 KB · Views: 410
chefcharity said:
I did a Pamper your Camper show last summer in the camps community house. I did Monkey Bread in the microwave in the fluted pan. It was a good show.... I'll try to do more this summer.

Wow! That is so cool! I didn't know that you could do the Monkey Bread in the microwave! I wanted to do that for a brunch show once (I was using the cookware in the oven) and I think I asked but noone knew... I am so excited!!! And it'll be great for camping! Thanks!!!

chefcharity said:

OOOOHHH, really? I was told never to microwave refrigerated biscuits! I am so excited! Thanks!

What is the best type of cooking demonstration to do at a camp ground show?

The best type of cooking demonstration to do at a camp ground show is one that is easy and simple for people to recreate at their campsite. This could include recipes that can be cooked over a campfire or using basic camping equipment such as a portable grill.

What are some popular recipes to showcase at a camp ground show?

Some popular recipes to showcase at a camp ground show include foil packet meals, campfire pizzas, and one-pot dishes. These recipes are easy to make and can be adapted to different dietary restrictions or preferences.

Can I do a live cooking demonstration at a camp ground show?

Yes, you can do a live cooking demonstration at a camp ground show. It is recommended to have a portable stove or grill available for cooking, as well as a table or surface to prep and display ingredients.

How can I make my camp ground show interactive and engaging for the audience?

You can make your camp ground show interactive and engaging by involving the audience in the cooking process. This could include having volunteers help with prep work or asking for suggestions for ingredient substitutions. You can also include fun games or activities related to camping or cooking.

Are there any safety precautions I should take when doing a cooking demonstration at a camp ground show?

Yes, it is important to take safety precautions when doing a cooking demonstration at a camp ground show. This includes ensuring proper food handling and storage, having a fire extinguisher nearby, and being aware of any potential allergens in the ingredients used. It is also recommended to have a first aid kit on hand in case of any accidents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• phyllisc121
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • sddmom2