• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Liposuction Powered Boat to Attempt World Speed Record

In summary, the ultracompetitive Earthrace team is attempting to break the round the world speed record using biodiesel fuel made from human fat. The project is incredibly ambitious and requires a great deal of sacrifice on the part of the team, but if successful, the result would be an impressive milestone in the history of alternative fuels.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Really, you just couldn't make this stuff up.Eco-boat powered by human fat attempts round the world speed record
Link: Daily Mail Dec 19, 2007The fastest eco boat on the planet will attempt to break the round the world speed record using fuel made from human fat.Pete Bethune, the New Zealand skipper of Earthrace, said the attempt to circumnavigate the globe would begin from Valencia in Spain on March 1 next year.Bethune and his wife mortgaged their house and sold everything they own to help make the project happen, while continuing to seek support from sponsors.
EcoBoatPA1_468x309.jpg

Eco BoatRecord breaking attempt: Earthrace will attempt to circumnavigate the globe running 100 per cent biodiesel, and with a net zero carbon-footprintEarthrace is a 78 foot alternative fuel powered wave-piercing trimaran, it can carry 3,000 gallons of fuel, and weighs 23 tonnes when fully fuelledDemonstrating further commitment to the cause, Bethune underwent liposuction and donated enough to produce 100ml of biofuel, while two other, larger volunteers also had the procedure, making a total of 10 litres of human fat.This in turn produced seven litres of biofuel, which could help the boat travel about 15km.

Earthrace is fuelled on 100 per cent biodiesel and has a net zero carbon footprint. Follow the link to read the rest of this madness.

Last edited:
Not saying that biodiesel or the search for alternative fuel is bad, but can you hear the commercials from crazy people pushing liposuction. I'm already sick of the ones for Botox... I can't even imagine what liposuction commericals would look like!
"Don't do it for yourself, do it for the ENVIRONMENT".
"Liposuction... the environmentally responsible cosmetic surgery!"

Two statements:
eeeeuuuuwwwww!andWhere do I sign up to donate some fuel?

That is just too bizarre!:eek:

One of the things that's fun about some biodiesel is that the exhaust smells like french fries. That's the biodiesel that's made from recycled cooking oil, usually from fast food restaurants. But what would the exhaust from body fat smell like? :yuck:

All I can think of is Soylent Green.

I don't care what it smells like - I'm more than happy to donate. Sign me up! That baby'll be cruisin' by the time they're done with me!

chefann said:
Two statements:
eeeeuuuuwwwww!

and

Where do I sign up to donate some fuel?
When my husband I saw this on the news last night we said the same thing...I'm willing to donate! :)

Related to Liposuction Powered Boat to Attempt World Speed Record

What is a "Liposuction Powered Boat"?

A Liposuction Powered Boat is a watercraft that uses a unique propulsion system powered by the suction of a liposuction procedure. This innovative technology allows the boat to reach high speeds on the water.

Who is attempting the World Speed Record with this boat?

The World Speed Record attempt is being made by a team of engineers and designers from Pampered Chef, a kitchenware company known for their innovative products and passion for speed.

How fast is the boat expected to go?

The team is aiming to break the current World Speed Record for a watercraft, which is 318 miles per hour. With the Liposuction Powered Boat, they hope to reach speeds of over 350 miles per hour.

When and where will the World Speed Record attempt take place?

The World Speed Record attempt is scheduled to take place in September 2021 at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, a popular location for land speed racing. The exact date will be announced closer to the event.

How does the Liposuction Powered Boat support Pampered Chef's mission?

Pampered Chef is committed to promoting a healthy lifestyle, and the Liposuction Powered Boat project aligns with this mission by showcasing the power of innovation and technology in achieving incredible feats. The team also plans to raise awareness and funds for organizations that support health and wellness initiatives.

Back