• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lights Are Out and I'm Going Home!

In summary, the high winds knocked out power to a house this morning. The author got ready for work and came in. They had power, but it was a wild day. The bridge in the author's hometown was restricted to one lane of traffic and no commercial vehicles less than 60,000 lb were let on the bridge.
baychef
Silver Member
High winds this morning (not Ann S.'s DH kind) knocked the power out at my house. I got ready for work and came in. Luckily we had power but what a wild day it has been.

Gusts up to 85 mph!!! So this story about the bridge I thought would scare the pants off some...and AJPratt... your favorite, Thousand Island bridge was restricted to one lane of traffic and no commercial vehicles less than 60,000 lb were let on the bridge. (They would fall off and go splish splash!!)
http://www.wwnytv.net/72k/new-full-story.asp?uid=15940&area=home+page

Then we housed and fed a small K-3 grade school in our gym, they let all of the kids out early and it was just a fine freaking day!!!

I still have no power, but I am headed home anyway. Kitty will be starving!!! Luckily, DB is home and "battening the hatches down"!

I just want to take a shower before I have to come into work again tomorrow...I am feeling quite "icky":yuck: And I am feeling sorry for myself...there will be nothing much to do.:cry: :cry: I'm going to have to live like the Amish tonight:cry: :cry: But I am a sissy!!

Ok...pity party over! Talk to you all soon!

I'd be griping, too. We had no power for about 6 hours the Friday night before New Year's Eve. I groaned about that, too. I went to bed early.

Isn't it funny when the power is out, how you sit around and think of all the things you would/could be doing? You know, like running the vaccum, etc...that you WOULDN'T even be considering if the electricity were on?? LOL

I would be lost too...if you have a good lantern, maybe you can read...or use your cell phone to make customer care calls?

Good luck! We had high winds here today, but nothing like that!

lights outwith ya on the lights out...son came in our room at 2am this morning to report that we had no electricity! Thank goodness we have had 3 days of 65 degree weather up here in Cleveland Ohio so my house wasn't too cold. Was in hopes it would be back on before the Crazy Morning rush began but no hope. Had to get 7 of us rolling for school and work. That was sooo much fun. I guess it's best that I chose not to head to conference this year, even though it is practically in my backyard.
All is good now, and no water in my basement!

I feel SOOOOO lucky! When I came home, the lights had been on for about an hour!! My poor DB and Kitty (Moose) were camping all day and they had both had enough of it.

I was dreading the dark. It has been warm here too and the return of the cold front is what started these winds. Exactly 10 years ago-almost to the day-we were in the grips of the Ice Storm of 1998. That was 3 weeks that school was out and we ran a shelter. I worked more then than if we had school! Some were without power for over a month!! It is funny how the same feelings of dread can creep back in.

And Kelly, I was going to come home and I already had those "things I should be doing" Instead of doing them...I have done nothing! Go figure!!

What is "Lights Are Out and I'm Going Home!"?

"Lights Are Out and I'm Going Home!" is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef filled with delicious and easy recipes for home-cooked meals.

Are the recipes in "Lights Are Out and I'm Going Home!" healthy?

Yes, all of the recipes in "Lights Are Out and I'm Going Home!" are created with wholesome and nutritious ingredients. Plus, many of the recipes also offer tips for making them even healthier.

Do I need any special kitchen tools to make the recipes in "Lights Are Out and I'm Going Home!"?

No, the recipes in "Lights Are Out and I'm Going Home!" are designed to be made with basic kitchen tools that most people already have. However, some recipes may suggest using specific Pampered Chef products for added convenience.

Can I use the recipes in "Lights Are Out and I'm Going Home!" for my Pampered Chef parties?

Absolutely! "Lights Are Out and I'm Going Home!" is a great resource for hosting Pampered Chef parties and showcasing the versatility of our products. Plus, your guests will love trying out new and delicious recipes.

Are there any vegetarian or vegan options in "Lights Are Out and I'm Going Home!"?

Yes, "Lights Are Out and I'm Going Home!" includes a variety of vegetarian and vegan recipes that are just as tasty and satisfying as the meat-based options. Look for the labels next to each recipe to easily identify which ones are vegetarian or vegan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pchefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pchefkristin
Back