1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Large griddle

1. Happy Mom

Happy Mom Member

I just bought the large griddle that fits over two burners. If anyone has this item, do you season it first? Do you use an oil spray or any other fat before making pancakes or French toast? I know it is non-stick, but sometimes these two recipes need a little help.

Thanks

Dec 10, 2005
  2. luv2cookathome

luv2cookathome Member

Out of habit and fear of screwing my pancakes up *giggle* I spritz my griddle first. If you are trying to cut back on your fat intake try it without but I'm always afraid of things sticking. Cooking spray is 7 calories per spritz so I think it's worth it to avoid a mess. :)

3. luvs2sellit

luvs2sellit Advanced Member

I have the square griddle and that is what we use to make pancakes (wish I had the big one :D ). I never spray my pan. I always rave at my shows that I don't have to spray the pan for pancakes. They come out perfect every time and no mess.

Dec 11, 2005
  4. kitty

kitty Guest

Done both.
    Personally I prefer to not have any oil (although my first time using it I did run a paper towel with oil over it).
    My hubby uses oil.
    I don't notice a difference, so I guess it's just up to your personal preference.
    One of the "selling advantages" is you can cook your entire breakfast all at once (depending how good you are at timing things):
    bacon, eggs, & hash browns
    sausages & pancakes (great for making "pigs in a blanket")
    steak (thin cut) & eggs
    and of course it's great for French toast, grilled cheese, fried bologna or fried ham sandwiches, sausage patties...
    okay, now I'm hungry!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2005
    Dec 11, 2005
  5. Happy Mom

Happy Mom Member

Thanks for the tips.

Dec 12, 2005
Have something to add?