• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kitchen Nightmares: Fox's Hit Show Featuring a Familiar Restaurant

In summary, the episode that just started was about a restaurant I've been to with our car club. The episode was shot in the winter, and it's a waterfront restaurant. They do a LOT less business in the winter because it's geared to boaters. That's scary! I love that show!
chefann
Gold Member
Anyone watch Kitchen Nightmares on Fox?

The episode that JUST started is about a restaurant I've been to with our car club.

The episode was shot in the winter, and it's a waterfront restaurant. They do a LOT less business in the winter because it's geared to boaters.

That's scary!! I love that show!

Hi ANN AND AMANDA---

MORFIA said:
Hi ANN AND AMANDA---

Hi Morfia, can't wait to see you at Leadership!! You too Ann!!

pamperedalf said:
Hi Morfia, can't wait to see you at Leadership!! You too Ann!!

me either I need it!!

So I would love to see this show--I will have to look it up--

Luckily, the last time we were at this restaurant was 7 years ago - so it was under different management. But I predict that they'll be full for the next couple of weeks, just because of the episode.Hi, Morfia! :)

Is that restaurant in MI?

chefann said:
The episode was shot in the winter, and it's a waterfront restaurant. They do a LOT less business in the winter because it's geared to boaters.

How appropriate for a club to go there in their land yachts.

In fact, I saw a Lincoln Town Car the other day, with the license "A BOAT"

I saw the episode tonight. I couldn't believe they were paying their "general manager" $100K per year to dance with the customers and drink beer. No wonder they were going under! I think Gordon got these guys straightened out, and they seemed genuinely grateful. Some of the shows leave me thinking that as soon as Gordon leaves, things will go right back to the way they were.

JAE said:
Is that restaurant in MI?
Yep.When Gordon talked about using fresh, local seafood, DH made a comment about "customers not having enough mercury in their diets." And what's funny (ironic, not ha ha) is that the lake that's right outside the restaurant (Lake St. Clair, where the guys were ice fishing) has many beaches that are frequently closed due to e. coli infestation. :yuck: I sure wouldn't want to eat a fish that comes from those waters.KG- that was the funny part when we went there. It was our "Spring Break-Out," the first club event of the year, and an opportunity for everyone to break their car out of the garage for the season. The access to the restaurant is lined with slips and of course the land barge jokes were flying.We estimate that the episode was filmed in January or February of this year.

My DH and I love this show!

One of the first episodes had a place in the same town/village as our restaurant - the owner is a lunatic! (Its closed for renovations now...hmmmm) While it sometimes is gross to watch, we find it entertaining and a real eye opener at times - LOVE IT!

I love that show...
I didn't see it last night, but I had it taped...I only hope that none of the places I go to are ever on that show! LOL

chefsteph07 said:
I love that show...
I didn't see it last night, but I had it taped...I only hope that none of the places I go to are ever on that show! LOL

That's always my first thought, too! Luckily, the owners on that episode (Jack's on the Waterfront) are new and wouldn't have been running the place when we were there.

There were actually 2 episodes aired yesterday. In the first one, Ramsay shut the place down because of cross-contamination and other health issues - and it was Valentine's Day! Should have been the busiest night of the year for them, and they had to send customers home.

When I see that show it really amazes me that people run their establishments that way. My parents travel for business alot and because of that show, they do not eat at "local" places that often...they say they would rather eat at a chain..although, the cleanliness of those places is probably questionable as well...but they are hoping it's better and more maintained than the local ones.

Related to Kitchen Nightmares: Fox's Hit Show Featuring a Familiar Restaurant

What is "Omg! Kitchen Nightmares"?

"Omg! Kitchen Nightmares" is a popular cooking show that follows celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay as he helps struggling restaurants turn their businesses around.

When does "Omg! Kitchen Nightmares" air?

The show airs on Friday nights at 9/8c on the Fox network.

How can I watch past episodes of "Omg! Kitchen Nightmares"?

Past episodes can be streamed on Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and the Fox website with a cable login.

Is "Omg! Kitchen Nightmares" scripted?

No, the show is not scripted. However, some scenes may be reenacted for dramatic effect.

Can I apply to have my restaurant featured on "Omg! Kitchen Nightmares"?

At this time, the show is not accepting applications for restaurants to be featured. However, you can contact the production company to be considered for future seasons.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • naekelsey
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • esavvymom