• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Want to Quit Your Day Job and Work with Pampered Chef?

In summary, Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that sells high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and gadgets through in-home cooking demonstrations and parties. To work with Pampered Chef, you must become a consultant and actively promote and sell products. It is possible to make a full-time income with Pampered Chef, but it requires hard work and dedication. The cost to join varies, with starter kits ranging from $109 to $249. Pampered Chef offers a variety of support and training, including online resources, meetings, conferences, and coaching from experienced consultants and corporate staff.
chefann
Gold Member
Hi, everyone!

Here I am, post 88 and I'm just now getting around to introducing myself. :eek:

My name is Ann and I'm a Pampered Chef addict. (You: "Hi, Ann.")
Just kidding.

I've been doing PC pretty much as a hobbyist for 5 years now, but I'm starting to get into gear with it. I work full time as a mainframe programmer, and I really hate the day job. So my goal is to get PC to the point where I can have a serious discussion with Dan (my DH - Yes, we're Dan 'n' Ann) about leaving corporate America.

By day, I work for a computer software and services company that has offices around the world. But I don't usually work at their office, they "pimp" me out to other companies that need programmers (AKA 'contracting'). Right now, I'm between contracts. That means I don't have a client or a specific project I'm working on. But I do have to report to my employer's HQ in downtown Detroit for a full 8-hour day (with nothing much to do but computer-based training). Boooooring!! Which is why I've actually had time to read and post here over the past week. :)

Dan and I are very active in a car club, the Michigan region of the Lincoln and Continental Owners Club (LCOC). Dan's the Treasurer and Webmaster; I'm the membership chairperson and newsletter editor. Dan also maintains http://www.thelincolnforum.net/phpbb, where you can occasionally find me posting under the ID "Ann Szwarc." (I know, it's not original, but it identifies me.)

Dan and I met in High School. He actually dated my twin sister - really! (That makes a great ice-breaker.) We're in our mid-30's, and are pretty nerdy. I think the new Weird Al song "White and Nerdy" could have been written about us. We document a lot of bizarre things on our website, including pics and a movie of our birds Beaker (an African Grey) and Bunsen (a yellow-crowned Amazon).

I got started in PC to pay for a trip to Italy. I'll never forget when I signed my contract, either. I had an all-day choir rehearsal for the beginning of the season, where the director announced that we were going on tour to Italy the next summer. Then I stopped at my awesome Director's house to sign the paperwork on my way home. The next Tuesday was 9/11/2001. Our choir trip still went on, but there were only about half of the original estimated group, and we were the only non-European group participating in the Genoa choral festival that summer (usually there'd be several from the US). Once the trip was over, I decided that I loved the people in PC. From hosts and customers to the other consultants. So I stuck around.

Now I've got 2 active recruits, who really sound like they want to do something with PC. So I'm getting my rear in gear and trying to kick up my show schedule and recruiting so I can eventually quit the day job.

Thanks for letting me ramble. ;)

(You'll find some cool stuff if you click on the various links in this post.)

Welcome to our virtual cluster. You're posts have been great and very helpful.

Cute birds.

The birds are a hoot. Beaker is a little smart-a$$. Lately, her favorite thing to say is "whoop whoop whoop whoop" like Curly from the 3 Stooges. But she will say things in context, too.
Beaker: D'oh!
Dan: Who says D'oh?
B: Homer
D: What else does Homer say?
B: Woo-hoo!

Or ask her what she wants for dinner and she'll reply "Corn!" or "wanna almond!" And she'll ask Dan "go do laundry?" so that she can ride in the basket of dirty clothes.

Everyone here seems pretty cool. Unlike some other online "communities" where everyone baits each other so they can be insulting.

It really is a great group. I moderate a number of groups and I'm impressed at how little moderation we seem to need.

I think it's related to the topic and the fact that PC consultants truly want each other to succeed, not fail.
And there seems to be not a lot of political threads, which makes a HUGE difference. Dan had such problems with people on the Lincoln forum posting political or otherwise inflammatory material that he created a new area (like "The Lounge") called "The War Room." Then it's easy to ignore if you don't want to get sucked into those discussions.

Scary! You're at post 666! (Won't be for long tho, I bet)

From one Anne to another.... Welcome!

Thanks, Anne.

You spell your Anne the way people always want to spell mine. My aunt (also Ann) has a funny comeback. When people ask her, "Is that with an 'E'?" She says, "No, it's with an 'A'." :) But I think that's why my grandmother-in-law thinks my name is Anna. (And I've been married to her grandson for 12 years!)

People always drop off the "e". So, many times I'll sign something AnnE.

Welcome to this great site! I've enjoyed reading your posts already. You have a great sense of humor I can tell, which helps make this place more fun. There's lots of fun people here.
Your story sounds a lot like me. I started almost 5 years ago too, just doing 1-2 shows a month. Last year I up'ed my biz to 4-6 shows a month; now I'm doing 6-8. This year was my second conference & really gave me a kick in the booty. I don't know what took me so long, but now I really want to achieve directorship:) I've got some prospects, so we'll see what happens.
My dh & I also went to school together, but didn't start dating until after we graduated.
I'll look forward to chatting with you here!
(and the Dan & Ann is too cute;) just what you wanted to hear, right?)

lacychef said:
(and the Dan & Ann is too cute;) just what you wanted to hear, right?)

You have to say it with your index finger pointing into your cheek, making a dimple. :D And it's our domain for our website and email addresses: dannann.net (see- dan n ann)

I'm such a nerd!

Welcome aboard Ann.

Welcome! I am also hoping this can take off for me. I work in nonprofit America, but it's more corporate than ppl may think :)

Welcome, looking forward to more post! I do not think I ever introduced myself - maybe I need to go back and do that.:D

jrstephens said:
Welcome, looking forward to more post! I do not think I ever introduced myself - maybe I need to go back and do that.:D

You should wait a few more days until you are over 700 posts (from the 662 you are at now). Otherwise its too much of a teaser.

Welcome Ann! You've already been a wealth of information, thanks!

Linda,Glad to help. :)Everyone here has been awesome - so genuinely helpful and no bashing each other. This has become my new favorite online hangout.

jrstephens said:

I was thinking....not sure if I ever did either:eek:

jrstephens said:
Jen: You need no introduction!

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that sells high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and gadgets. They are known for their in-home cooking demonstrations and parties where guests can try out and purchase products.

2. How can I quit my day job and work with Pampered Chef?

To quit your day job and work with Pampered Chef, you will need to become a consultant. This involves signing up with a sponsor, purchasing a starter kit, and attending training and support meetings. You will also need to actively promote and sell Pampered Chef products through parties and other events.

3. Is it possible to make a full-time income with Pampered Chef?

Yes, it is possible to make a full-time income with Pampered Chef. Many consultants have successfully built their business and are able to support themselves and their families through their Pampered Chef earnings. However, it takes hard work, dedication, and commitment to achieve this level of success.

4. How much does it cost to join Pampered Chef?

The cost to join Pampered Chef varies depending on the starter kit you choose. The basic kit starts at $109 and includes product samples, business supplies, and training materials. There is also a deluxe kit available for $159 and a premium kit for $249. These kits offer more products and materials to help you launch your business.

5. What kind of support and training does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of support and training for their consultants. This includes online training and resources, local and national meetings and conferences, and one-on-one coaching from your sponsor or other experienced consultants. They also have a team of corporate staff dedicated to helping consultants succeed in their business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shayna
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • CassieMarie
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • T1Pumper