• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kentucky Derby Theme: Attire, Drinks, and Menu Ideas for a Fun Event!

In summary, some popular recipes for a Kentucky Derby themed event include hot browns, bourbon glazed ham, Kentucky burgoo, and mint juleps. Popular decorations for a Kentucky Derby themed party include horse racing themed centerpieces, red roses, and derby hats for guests to wear. Some fun activities to incorporate into a Kentucky Derby themed event include a horse race betting game, a best hat contest, and a bourbon tasting. Must-have items for a successful Kentucky Derby themed party include mint julep cups, derby themed napkins and plates, and a large screen to watch the race. To make your Kentucky Derby themed event more authentic, consider serving traditional southern food, playing bluegrass music, and incorporating horse racing traditions like singing "My Old
fun2cook2
Hi, Everyone!
I need some creative minds for a Kentucky Derby theme show. This is what I have thought of so far...

Attire:
Ladies come in sun hats, sundresses and flip flops

Drinks:
Mojito
Mint Juleps

Appetizer
Brie

Any other suggestions for an appetizer or dessert.

Thanks so much!
:chef:

I just got really excited as I have a show right down the street from Churchill Downs the Tuesday evening before Derby and she wanted to do a Derby theme but I was clueless! I guess I can give a door prize for best Derby Hat. I don't mix alcohol and shows but a mint flavored dessert was what I was thinking of doing.

what about chocolate pecan lattice tart? in place of the traditional Derby Pie.

Doesn't the new torte in the SB have Mint flavoring?

I have one Sat at 11:30... I'm talking to my host tonight, maybe I should tell her to let her guests know to bring a hat and best derby hat gets a prize! Since it is Thunder!

1. What are some popular Kentucky Derby themed recipes?

Some popular recipes for a Kentucky Derby themed event include hot browns, bourbon glazed ham, Kentucky burgoo, and mint juleps.

2. How can I decorate for a Kentucky Derby themed party?

Some popular decorations for a Kentucky Derby themed party include horse racing themed centerpieces, red roses, and derby hats for guests to wear.

3. What are some fun activities to incorporate into a Kentucky Derby themed event?

Some fun activities to incorporate into a Kentucky Derby themed event include a horse race betting game, a best hat contest, and a bourbon tasting.

4. What are some must-have items for a successful Kentucky Derby themed party?

Some must-have items for a successful Kentucky Derby themed party include mint julep cups, derby themed napkins and plates, and a large screen to watch the race.

5. How can I make my Kentucky Derby themed event more authentic?

To make your Kentucky Derby themed event more authentic, consider serving traditional southern food, playing bluegrass music, and incorporating horse racing traditions like singing "My Old Kentucky Home" before the race.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
Stephaniecafe
Replies
Views
dwyerkim