• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor What made the 80's such a beloved decade for music, fashion, and nostalgia?

In summary, the 80s were good to me. I graduated from high school, got married & divorced, met The Furry Guy and married him, and gave birth to our baby boy. The 80's were AWESOME, spandex, mini skirts, high heels pumps and thigh high boots, leg warmers, jeans with holes in the knees, headbands and the list goes on and on. The big hair,feathered earrings. I remember waiting in line all night for Depeche Mode and U2 tickets. My Little Pony, Cabbage Patch Kids, Saturday morning kids' shows that actually made sense, MTV (the early days...you know, when they played MUSIC VIDEOS), Tiffany,
thecougchef said:
i just saw journey in september with cheap trick & heart.
i was born in 1986 so i was just a toddler when the 80's were over.
but you better believe i knew every song journey, cheap trick & heart played.
i obviously never saw steve perry play with journey but it was a little weird seeing the new lead singer on the stage. it was like watching the best karaoke act ive ever seen. haha.

Wow, now I feel old!! LOL

I bought new 8 tracks in the 80's. I remember buying my mom the new Randy Travis 8 track for her birthday when I was like 11. When did cassettes come out? I though later 80's...

PamperedDor said:
8 tracks were like the 70's - we had CASSETTES!!! ( oh so much cooler!) Fer sure!

I hated cassettes!! They used to get stuck in the cassette player. LOL
I had someone made me Led Zepplin songs on a cassette and it got stuck, all you heard in my car was Led Zepplin for about 3 months!!:p

letscook04 said:
I hated cassettes!! They used to get stuck in the cassette player. LOL
I had someone made me Led Zepplin songs on a cassette and it got stuck, all you heard in my car was Led Zepplin for about 3 months!!:p

that's funny! i had my 8 tracks. maybe we couldn't afford the cassettes in the 80's and that's why i don't remember getting anything on cassette until like 88...? who knows...

PamperedDor said:
8 tracks were like the 70's - we had CASSETTES!!! ( oh so much cooler!) Fer sure!

Yep, cassettes, albums and 45s. I had a boyfriend in college (1984) who used to buy me 45s of our "special songs". 8-track players were still around. . .but I didn't have anything in my car but the radio.

And has anyone said "gag me with a spoon" yet?!?

How about American Bandstand? Loved that show..

Cheesy Solid Gold and Andy Gibb...

ragschef said:
I bought new 8 tracks in the 80's. I remember buying my mom the new Randy Travis 8 track for her birthday when I was like 11. When did cassettes come out? I though later 80's...

CD's were coming out in the late 80's. I remember my brother paying an exorbitant amount of money for one of the first JVC CD players. And CD's were outrageously priced. I know that was in the 80's, because we were both still living at home - and I moved out in the 80's.

was peewee herman from the 80s? i remember watching that show as a kid! I also love he-man, transformers, carebears, my little ponies, but my all time favorite was Fraggle Rock!

In the 80s I also did the splits for the first time, I was in the 1st grade, and there was a daddy daughter night at the skate rink, my daddy took me and one foot rolled forward, the other backwards, I landed between 2 chairs stuck LOL my dad ended up falling trying to help me up! ahh the good ole days! The tore down the skate rink a couple years ago, I'd love for my BF and I to be able to take his kids there just to regain some memories!

My ultimate favorite part of the 80s though was meeting my best friend!!! So many years later and we are still the bestest friends ever, even though 1500 miles seperate us now!

I was in high school in the 80s. I love the 80s...great music, which happens to be played a lot these days, great tv that you could watch with your family, cool cars. Yes, owned parachute pants...and a matching shirt with zippers in places that shouldn't have been...lol I graduated in 85 got married in 86 went to Oklahoma State University and had a blast. I remember going to the roller rink, hanging out in the arcade playing pac man and space invaders, big hair...I always have big hair, can't help it I was born with it...rolling up your pant leg, gloria vanderbuilt jeans, blue eyeshadow...funny...but to me it was still the greatest age I have lived in...and I have been around a long time according to my kids...41 years this month. My brother was born in 1982 and I remember him watching heman and shera...his favorite shows. He still has his "dolls" and his castle greyscull.

<h2>1. What made the 80's such a beloved decade for music, fashion, and nostalgia?</h2><p>The 80's was a decade of bold and innovative music, fashion, and pop culture that captivated the hearts of many. The rise of MTV and music videos allowed for a visual representation of the music, making it even more exciting and memorable. Additionally, the fashion of the 80's was all about being daring and making a statement with bright colors, bold prints, and unique styles. Nostalgia for the 80's also stems from the fact that it was a time of technological advancements and economic prosperity, making it a symbol of simpler and more carefree times.</p><h2>2. What are some of the most iconic 80's fashion trends?</h2><p>The 80's was a decade of bold and eccentric fashion choices. Some of the most iconic trends included shoulder pads, leg warmers, acid wash jeans, oversized blazers, and neon colors. The punk and new wave movement also influenced fashion with elements like leather jackets, studded accessories, and ripped clothing. And who could forget the iconic combination of teased hair, headbands, and scrunchies?</p><h2>3. What were some of the most popular 80's music genres and artists?</h2><p>The 80's saw the rise of various music genres, including pop, rock, new wave, hip hop, and electronic music. Some of the most beloved artists of the decade were Madonna, Michael Jackson, Prince, Whitney Houston, and Duran Duran. The decade also saw the emergence of iconic bands like U2, Guns N' Roses, and Bon Jovi.</p><h2>4. How did technology play a role in the 80's pop culture?</h2><p>The 80's was a time of rapid technological advancements, especially in the entertainment industry. The introduction of MTV and music videos revolutionized the way music was consumed and promoted. The rise of home computers and video game consoles also changed the way people spent their leisure time. Additionally, the 80's saw the first mobile phones and the introduction of CDs as a new form of music media.</p><h2>5. What are some of your favorite 80's memories?</h2><p>My favorite 80's memories include dancing to Madonna, Culture Club, and the Go-Go's at the clubs with my friends. I also remember the excitement of getting my first Walkman and listening to my favorite cassette tapes on repeat. And of course, the fashion of the 80's is something that will always hold a special place in my heart, from the bold colors and prints to the iconic hair and makeup trends.</p>

1. What made the 80's such a beloved decade for music, fashion, and nostalgia?

The 80's was a decade of bold and innovative music, fashion, and pop culture that captivated the hearts of many. The rise of MTV and music videos allowed for a visual representation of the music, making it even more exciting and memorable. Additionally, the fashion of the 80's was all about being daring and making a statement with bright colors, bold prints, and unique styles. Nostalgia for the 80's also stems from the fact that it was a time of technological advancements and economic prosperity, making it a symbol of simpler and more carefree times.

2. What are some of the most iconic 80's fashion trends?

The 80's was a decade of bold and eccentric fashion choices. Some of the most iconic trends included shoulder pads, leg warmers, acid wash jeans, oversized blazers, and neon colors. The punk and new wave movement also influenced fashion with elements like leather jackets, studded accessories, and ripped clothing. And who could forget the iconic combination of teased hair, headbands, and scrunchies?

3. What were some of the most popular 80's music genres and artists?

The 80's saw the rise of various music genres, including pop, rock, new wave, hip hop, and electronic music. Some of the most beloved artists of the decade were Madonna, Michael Jackson, Prince, Whitney Houston, and Duran Duran. The decade also saw the emergence of iconic bands like U2, Guns N' Roses, and Bon Jovi.

4. How did technology play a role in the 80's pop culture?

The 80's was a time of rapid technological advancements, especially in the entertainment industry. The introduction of MTV and music videos revolutionized the way music was consumed and promoted. The rise of home computers and video game consoles also changed the way people spent their leisure time. Additionally, the 80's saw the first mobile phones and the introduction of CDs as a new form of music media.

5. What are some of your favorite 80's memories?

My favorite 80's memories include dancing to Madonna, Culture Club, and the Go-Go's at the clubs with my friends. I also remember the excitement of getting my first Walkman and listening to my favorite cassette tapes on repeat. And of course, the fashion of the 80's is something that will always hold a special place in my heart, from the bold colors and prints to the iconic hair and makeup trends.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tlag1986
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • Addie4TLC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
  • pchefkristin