• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Iso Kansas City Bbq Ribs Recipe

In summary, to prepare the ribs for cooking, remove the membrane and season them with BBQ rub. Use baby back ribs for best results and any BBQ sauce of your choice. Cooking time will vary depending on the method, but always check the internal temperature for doneness. You can also make the recipe in the oven by baking at 350°F for 1.5-2 hours and broiling for a crispy exterior.
ktfarrell
Anyone have the Main Dishes cookbook? I had it, but my husband went on a cleaning spree (yeah) and he tossed our Pampered Chef Cookbooks! *BUMMER*
He has since been instructed that he can throw away any cookbook, except Pampered Chef cookbooks!

Anyway according to the PC website this recipe is on page 68, I am really interested in making the barbecue sauce again...it is one of my favorites, and I don't really care for bbq sauce!

Thanks!

Here you go....

Kansas City BBQ Ribs
(Main Dishes...pg 68)

Ribs
4 1/2 to 5 lbs pork baby back ribs (2 slabs)
4 garlic cloves, pressed
1 1/2 tsp Pantry Lemon Pepper Seasoning Mix
3 cups tomato juice

Sauce
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp chili powder

1. Preheat oven to 400. For ribs, cut each slab into thirds using Kitchen Shears and place in Rectangular Lid/Bowl. Press garlic over meaty sides of ribs using Garlic Press; spread with Skinny Scraper. Sprinkle with Seasoning Mix. Carefully pour tomato juice around ribs; cover with Rectangular Baker. Bake 1 hour. Carefully remove Baker from Lid/Bowl. Remove ribs from Lid/Bowl. Discard tomato juice.

2. Meanwhile, for sauce, whisk together all ingredients in Generation II 1 quart Saucepan using Nylon Whisk. Bring to a boil over medium high heat; reduce heat to medium-low and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reserve 3/4 cup sauce for serving with grilled ribs.

3. Prepare grill for cooking at medium temperature. Place ribs, meaty side up, on lightly greased grid of grill. Brush with half of remaining sauce using Pastry Brush. Cover; grill 5 minutes. Turn ribs over using Bar-B-Tongs; brush with remaining sauce. Continue grilling, covered, 5 minutes. Reheat reserved sauce and serve with ribs.

Makes 6 servings.

Thank you!I appreciate the time you took to type out the recipe! Thanks again!

You're welcome :D

1. How do I prepare the ribs for cooking?

To prepare the ribs, start by removing the membrane from the back of the ribs. Then, season them generously with your favorite BBQ rub and let them marinate for at least an hour before cooking.

2. What type of ribs should I use for this recipe?

The best type of ribs to use for this recipe are baby back ribs. They are smaller and more tender than spare ribs, making them perfect for grilling or smoking.

3. Can I use a different BBQ sauce for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any BBQ sauce of your choice for this recipe. However, the Kansas City BBQ sauce recommended in this recipe adds a delicious sweet and tangy flavor to the ribs.

4. How long should I cook the ribs for?

The cooking time for the ribs will depend on the method you choose. If you are grilling the ribs, they will take about 1.5-2 hours to cook. For smoking, the ribs will take around 4-5 hours. Make sure to check the internal temperature of the ribs with a meat thermometer to ensure they are fully cooked.

5. Can I make this recipe in the oven?

Yes, you can make these Kansas City BBQ ribs in the oven. Preheat your oven to 350°F and place the ribs on a baking sheet. Cook for 1.5-2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F. You can also broil the ribs for a few minutes at the end to get a crispy exterior.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • scottcooks