• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the USPS changing the rules for Bound Printed Matter?

In summary, the USPS announced that effective September 11, 2008:- All Bound Printed Matter (BPM) must be paid by permit imprint and deposited at Business Mail Entry Units (BMEU).- Mailers will no longer be able to pay postage with stamps, meters, APC, or PC Postage.- BPM will not be accepted at retail counters, in collection boxes, or by carriers.- All BPM must be deposited and accepted at the Post Office facility (BMEU) that issued the permit.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
The USPS announced that effective September 11, 2008:

• All Bound Printed Matter (BPM) must be paid by permit imprint and deposited at Business Mail Entry Units (BMEU).
• Mailers will no longer be able to pay postage with stamps, meters, APC, or PC Postage.
• BPM will not be accepted at retail counters, in collection boxes, or by carriers.
• All BPM must be deposited and accepted at the Post Office facility (BMEU) that issued the permit.

Wow that stinks!

Thank you for letting us know though.

What do they consider BPM? Catalogs in envelopes?

Yeah does that mean "media mail" that some get cheaper?

I found this out today, too, when I tried to send a host some more catalogs and ended up having to pay $4.80 for Priority Rate!!!! Yikes!

Chefstover2 said:
I found this out today, too, when I tried to send a host some more catalogs and ended up having to pay $4.80 for Priority Rate!!!! Yikes!

Yep, that's the standard that I pay!:(
But at least we can stuff it FULL and it's still only $4.80!

I normally pay that anyway, it stinks! I try to deliver my host packets if I can rather than mail them. Oh well...

It's $4.75 if you print your priority mail flat rate online. I know that's only $.05, but it adds up!

I've always paid the priority rate too if I mail them.
I mailed a host packet the other day, & the host called to see if I can re-send everything. Apparently it got ruined in the rain:grumpy:

Oh great. I've gotta go mail a host packet tomorrow. I normally drop them of at their house or bring the packets to my shows, but this host has been on the fence about her party date and i've been holding off to be sure she wasnt' going to change the date again.

lacychef said:
I mailed a host packet the other day, & the host called to see if I can re-send everything. Apparently it got ruined in the rain:grumpy:

Oh, now that's a bummer!:grumpy:

lacychef said:

With it being hurricane season here, I have gotten in the habit of putting all host packets and anything else important that I mail in plastic before mailing.

dannyzmom said:
The USPS announced that effective September 11, 2008:

• All Bound Printed Matter (BPM) must be paid by permit imprint and deposited at Business Mail Entry Units (BMEU).
• Mailers will no longer be able to pay postage with stamps, meters, APC, or PC Postage.
• BPM will not be accepted at retail counters, in collection boxes, or by carriers.
• All BPM must be deposited and accepted at the Post Office facility (BMEU) that issued the permit.

Just trying to make sure I am reading this right. All of the above just pertains to Bound Printed Matter--right? Thanks.

Is that for if you are sending a catalog without an envelope? Please forgive my dense brain on this one... I'm not real clear on what this means. What about the mini-catalogs that we send with a stamp? Is that out also? Sorry... my brain is too tired to figure this out.

Bound Printed Matter is a special class of mail that's less expensive than first class. It's also a space-available class, so it's not guaranteed to be delivered quickly, hence the lower cost. You needed to specifically request it, and there were some restrictions (like everything in the packet needing to be bound together - no loose papers). That class of mail will no longer be accepted at the counter. Only people/organizations with bulk permits will be able to use it.

That is what JLLR uses to send its monthly magazine. So it is the pre-printed "postage" on items right?

quiverfull7 said:
Is that for if you are sending a catalog without an envelope? Please forgive my dense brain on this one... I'm not real clear on what this means. What about the mini-catalogs that we send with a stamp? Is that out also? Sorry... my brain is too tired to figure this out.

THANK YOU!!!!!! I was so confused! Ok, that's kind of normal for me... I may as well state that or KG may do it for me! :)

No. That's just pre-printed postage, although orgs. that pre-print are usually using bulk postage. And just because they're sending bulk, doesn't mean that it's going BPM. Bound printed matter will be a subset of bulk postage. Sort of like: all hot dogs are sausages, but not all sausages are hot dogs. ;)

Related to Is the USPS changing the rules for Bound Printed Matter?

What is "No More Bound Printed Matter"?

"No More Bound Printed Matter" is a shipping option for customers who purchase products from Pampered Chef. It is a cost-effective option for sending lightweight, non-urgent items.

How much does "No More Bound Printed Matter" cost?

The cost of "No More Bound Printed Matter" varies depending on the weight and size of the package, as well as the destination. However, it is generally more affordable than other shipping options.

Can I track my package if I choose "No More Bound Printed Matter"?

Unfortunately, tracking is not available for packages shipped using "No More Bound Printed Matter." If you require tracking for your package, we recommend choosing a different shipping option.

How long does it take for a package to be delivered using "No More Bound Printed Matter"?

Delivery times for "No More Bound Printed Matter" vary, but it can take up to 10 business days for your package to arrive. Please keep in mind that this option is not recommended for urgent or time-sensitive deliveries.

Are there any restrictions on what can be shipped using "No More Bound Printed Matter"?

Yes, there are some restrictions on what can be shipped using "No More Bound Printed Matter." This option is only available for lightweight and non-urgent items, and it cannot be used for items that require special handling or refrigeration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • dannyzmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
Back