• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the USPS Banning Bound Printed Matter?

In summary, the USPS announced that effective September 11, 2008, all Bound Printed Matter, including catalogs, must be paid by permit imprint and deposited at Business Mail Entry Units (BMEU). Mailers will no longer be able to pay postage with stamps, meters, APC, or PC Postage. Bound Printed Matter will not be accepted at retail counters, in collection boxes, or by carriers. All BPM must be deposited and accepted at the Post Office facility (BMEU) that issued the permit.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
The USPS announced that effective September 11, 2008:

• All Bound Printed Matter (BPM) must be paid by permit imprint and deposited at Business Mail Entry Units (BMEU).
• Mailers will no longer be able to pay postage with stamps, meters, APC, or PC Postage.
• BPM will not be accepted at retail counters, in collection boxes, or by carriers.
• All BPM must be deposited and accepted at the Post Office facility (BMEU) that issued the permit.

I am going to sound terribly ignorant, but can I ask what this means to us in layman's terms? I honestly don't know.:eek:

legacypc46 said:
I am going to sound terribly ignorant, but can I ask what this means to us in layman's terms? I honestly don't know.:eek:

I agree! Carolyn what on earth are you talking about?:p

This is the desription fromthe USPS page. If you put any kind of cover letter or anything else in the envelope, it can't be sent as BPM (see letter d below). It takes longer to get delivered since it is 4th class. I know a lot of people that sent their Host packets this way and when they were asked they said there were just catalogs. I showed my Host packet at my PO and they said I couldn't send it BPM. I send them Priority Mail if I mail them.

Bound Printed Matter
Bound Printed Matter must:

a. Consist of advertising, promotional, directory, or editorial material (or any combination of such material).

b. Be securely bound by permanent fastenings such as staples, spiral binding, glue, or stitching. Loose-leaf binders and similar fastenings are not considered permanent.

c. Consist of sheets of which at least 90% are imprinted by any process other than handwriting or typewriting with words, letters, characters, figures, or images (or any combination of them).

d. Not have the nature of personal correspondence.

e. Not be stationery, such as pads of blank printed forms.

There are presorted rates, carrier route rates, and destination entry discounts available for bulk quantities of Bound Printed Matter. The minimum quantity is 300 pieces. There also is a barcoded discount available for Bound Printed Matter pieces.

Decision Tree: Six easy questions will lead you directly to the information you need about Bound Printed Matter.

Okay, I ALWAYS send my priority mail b/c i send 4 catties w/ every packet.

pampmomof3 said:
Okay, I ALWAYS send my priority mail b/c i send 4 catties w/ every packet.

Me too. If I mail it out it usually needs to get there... yesterday ;)!

chefruthie said:
Me too. If I mail it out it usually needs to get there... yesterday ;)!

LOL!! Okay, are we twins? ;);)

pampmomof3 said:
LOL!! Okay, are we twins? ;);)

Maybe! I saw you're from Lapeer, I'm from Canton MI. I lived in Pensacola, Jacksonville, Lakeland, Kissimmee and Orlando FL. We really could be :)

chefruthie said:
Maybe! I saw you're from Lapeer, I'm from Canton MI. I lived in Pensacola, Jacksonville, Lakeland, Kissimmee and Orlando FL. We really could be :)

OMG!! Okay, that's too weird! Is your middle name Marie? :p

chefruthie said:
This is the desription fromthe USPS page. If you put any kind of cover letter or anything else in the envelope, it can't be sent as BPM (see letter d below). It takes longer to get delivered since it is 4th class. I know a lot of people that sent their Host packets this way and when they were asked they said there were just catalogs. I showed my Host packet at my PO and they said I couldn't send it BPM. I send them Priority Mail if I mail them.

My post office said we can't send catalogs that way either because there are prices in them.

pampmomof3 said:
OMG!! Okay, that's too weird! Is your middle name Marie? :p

No, it's Denise. Did you know that there is a Director on here whose screen name is Hankins? Her first name is Denise :eek: My full name is Ruthie Denise Hankins...too wierd!

Back to our similarities :D. Who is your ED?

chefruthie said:
No, it's Denise. Did you know that there is a Director on here whose screen name is Hankins? Her first name is Denise :eek: My full name is Ruthie Denise Hankins...too wierd!

Back to our similarities :D. Who is your ED?

okay that is too weird that you have the same name as her!

I have a SD
then an AD
then my NED who is Darla Oelmann and yours?

pampmomof3 said:
okay that is too weird that you have the same name as her!

I have a SD
then an AD
then my NED who is Darla Oelmann and yours?
I asked because when I originally signed with PC back in '94, I lived in Orlando. I signed under Terri Howe who is under Luanne Luse who is under Jennifer Ward who is under Darla!! I love Darla. Actually I love all the above mentioned ladies. They are all wonderful to work with.
I resigned in '99. I made it to AD but completely resigned from PC and was out til 2002. I signed under a really good friend that I had kept in contact with. DeeDee Eickoff. She is in Randy Weiss's first line.
Do you know Jennifer?

:eek::eek: We have totally HIJACKED this thread :eek:
Sorry Carolyn :eek:

chefruthie said:
I asked because when I originally signed with PC back in '94, I lived in Orlando. I signed under Terri Howe who is under Luanne Luse who is under Jennifer Ward who is under Darla!! I love Darla. Actually I love all the above mentioned ladies. They are all wonderful to work with.
I resigned in '99. I made it to AD but completely resigned from PC and was out til 2002. I signed under a really good friend that I had kept in contact with. DeeDee Eickoff. She is in Randy Weiss's first line.
Do you know Jennifer?

Uh, Yeah! Jennifer Ward is my Advanced Director and Luanne Luse who is now Luanne Duncan is my Senior Director!! Terri HOwe is still selling too! Just saw her at NC!

Sorry Carolyn! I'll have to tell them all that I met you, or wait, i better not!;):p

pampmomof3 said:
Uh, Yeah! Jennifer Ward is my Advanced Director and Luanne Luse who is now Luanne Duncan is my Senior Director!! Terri HOwe is still selling too! Just saw her at NC!

Sorry Carolyn! I'll have to tell them all that I met you, or wait, i better not!;):p

I saw Luanne at Leadership and Terri and Jennifer at NC '06. I still talk on the phone with Terri. I was shocked she moved from Orlando to Montana. Yikes, that was a complete climate change! I need to give her a call and see how she's doing. What a small world huh?!

Seriously Carolyn...end of Hijack :D

LOL - you guys are a trip!! LOL

They haven't let me send catalogs under bound and printed material for several years now. And the sad thing is...USPS is STILL losing money!!!

Related to Is the USPS Banning Bound Printed Matter?

What is "No More Bound Printed Matter"?

"No More Bound Printed Matter" is a shipping solution offered by Pampered Chef that allows customers to receive their orders faster and at a lower cost compared to traditional bound printed matter shipping methods.

How does "No More Bound Printed Matter" work?

Instead of using the traditional bound printed matter shipping method, which involves sending packages through the postal service at a discounted rate, "No More Bound Printed Matter" utilizes a private carrier to deliver orders directly to customers. This allows for faster and more reliable delivery times.

What are the benefits of using "No More Bound Printed Matter"?

Using "No More Bound Printed Matter" has several benefits for both customers and Pampered Chef. Customers can receive their orders faster and at a lower cost, while Pampered Chef can ensure a more efficient and reliable shipping process.

Is "No More Bound Printed Matter" available for all orders?

At this time, "No More Bound Printed Matter" is only available for orders within the United States that meet certain size and weight requirements. If your order is eligible, you will be given the option to choose this shipping method at checkout.

How do I track my order when using "No More Bound Printed Matter"?

Once your order has been shipped using "No More Bound Printed Matter", you will receive a tracking number via email. You can use this tracking number on the carrier's website to track the status of your package and estimate its delivery date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
Back