• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Struggle Real for Pampered Chef Sales in May?

really...doesn't seem worth it to me to put in the extra work anymore, when the end result just isn't anywhere near what it used to be.Leslie, I'm struggling lately too, my show average is down, and people just aren't spending as much as they used to. Even some of my regulars aren't ordering like they normally do. I'm in a rural area, so maybe that's why? LisaI have a show on Sunday...I'll let you know how the sales are and get back to you. I live in a rural area too, but heading to a bigger city on Sunday for the show. These gas prices are ridiculous
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I am having tremendous trouble with my sales and bookings. My catty and cooking show sales are really low, I can't get anyone to hardly book and not one person wants to help with my think pink team. I finally got the nerve to ask someone why it wasn't a good time and she referred to the price of gas and how people are not having the money to buy from any direct sales; not just PC...anyone else having this problem?

Leslie,
I'm struggling lately too, my show average is down, and people just aren't spending as much as they used to. Even some of my regulars aren't ordering like they normally do.

I'm in a rural area, so maybe that's why?

Lisa

I have a show on Sunday...I'll let you know how the sales are and get back to you. I live in a rural area too, but heading to a bigger city on Sunday for the show. These gas prices are ridiculous. They went up 6 cents per gallon today. Absolutely ridiculous!!!!! I had 3 "takers" in my Think Pink emails, and no one's having any luck either. Such a bummer! So, it's not just you...hopefully someone out there is having success!

6 cents?? It went up 30 cents yesterday in our area!!! In ONE day!!

Saw it all coming though...you get what you vote for! We need legislation and caps. This is ridiculous!

Glad to hear that it isn't just me having problems with bookings and sales. I'm just coming up on my 1st anniversary and was getting frustrated. But now that I know it isn't just me, I feel a bit better.
Gas is up about 40 cents from where it was this time last week where I am. I work PT at a hospital and am spending almost 1/2 of my entire salary on gas. I really need to get my PC income bigger so I can quit this other job and not have to drive 45 minutes each day!!!

jwpamp said:
6 cents?? It went up 30 cents yesterday in our area!!! In ONE day!!

Saw it all coming though...you get what you vote for! We need legislation and caps. This is ridiculous!

Holy cow! 30 cents in one day? That's insane! Geez...I though 6 cents was bad...

I have had some trouble getting bookings... hadn't linked it to the economy though. I've been getting a lot of "this isn't a good time of year". I live in a suburban area where there is A LOT going on as far as activities, mostly younger families, and at the end of the school year it gets crazy. I can tell you that from working in a school as well. I'm hoping that I can push some people into "how about in June after school's out and things settle down a little." I also have a huge list of people to call for fall shows. I guess time will tell if those excuses were just people putting me off, or a legitimate response to a busy time of year.

I havent had to much trouble which I am surpised at. My last show the host had 3 orders over 150.00. Gas is ridiculous, I dont know what the prices are wher you guys live but I hear in my area it will probably hit 4.00 a gallon. If I was going to go to conference this yr it would cost me at least 140.00 just to get to and from the airport.

Gas here is at $3.25 a gallon right now. I'm sure it is having an effect on sales - it's just a snowball effect here though. We also have highest unemployment rates, and the lowest economic forcast in the nation. I've said this on other threads...but in the last 2 yrs, I have seen my $ per sale go from around $50 per sale to $30-35 per sale. My bookings are still good (thankfully) but my show avg. has fallen from $625 to $430. In April, I had 4 shows (whick is very good, because April is usually my worst month!), and only one of those shows made it over $400.....I had 3 shows at $322, $354, and $382, and one show at $545. All of those shows were well attended, with outside orders - It used to be that I could guarentee that if a host had 12 people at her show, and 6-8 outside orders, they would have AT LEAST a $700 show.......well, my $354 show - 10 people at the show, and 5 outside orders! 15 orders total - and $354!!! OUCH! It hurts - because I am working as hard as I ever had - and I think smarter than I have in the past. BUT I just keep telling myself it's all cyclical. Eventually the economy will turn and start going up, and until then, I will continue to persevere......the last one standing wins!:D

The Pinch? You are not kidding. I had 4 reschedule in April and as of today I am $6,637 away from TPC. I have never been so close.
I am not giving up though. I am going to keep asking and asking.

For the summer I am offering to have a kids show in the park. That way the moms can get together, make sandwiches for the kids and something like the clubhouse chicken squares for the moms already made up. Get a teenager or two to watch the kids and have the moms pitch in to pay the teenagers.

Or really go out of your box and have a mini show at one of the ball games you are going to.

Ann R.

I've had problems with bookings too.
I can't even get people on board for the HWC fundraiser I am doing.

I'm having issues with bookings too.

My first couple of shows were so easy to get bookings, now, not one taker in the past three shows.

Plus, I feel like I'm driving way to far for some of these shows, and they are only $300.00 shows, So I'm concerend about how much I'm losing.

I feel like I have to take any shows that are booked. I live in a small town, and have to drive about 40-45 minutes to almost every show I do.

I'm trying to keep a positive attitude, but with the long drive, the set-up and everything. I have a great time doing my shows, I was just concerened about the lack of sales/bookings.

Just a reminder, here. I'm not sure what wording you're using when you ask about booking a show, but you don't want to make it sound like they're doing something for you or your host. It sounds minor, but there's a huge difference between

"Would you host a show?"

and

"I'd really like to do a show for you."

The first sounds like they're doing a favor. The second sounds like you're offering something good. And, you are.

Don't give up. Some crowds are just duds when it comes to bookings.

I have no bookings at all in May. I too am having trouble getting people interested in "Pink" for May. June does look a little better. I have even offered a free large bar pan in May for booking - no takers.

I have only one booking in May... really frustrating since I had three or four people in January that said they "had to have a HWC show in May". Now I can't get them to even call me back. June is my 1st anniversary with PC and I was really hoping to have a big month, but doesn't look good now.:(

My May is grim as well. I had my first May show yesterday. It is only at $100 and had no possible bookings (only 2 guests, one is a former host/neighbor/friend, and another is my lil ole lady neighbor), and I only have one other show booked for May. I do have 2-3 shows lined up for June. Would like to get it to 8-10. Nobody is returning my phone calls or answering the phone. And no bites for my "Think Pink" team!

My bookings are about normal for other months but people here just are not that interest in the May pink specials. I am wanting a FULL July for the Sellathon though! And I am going to be out of town for one whole week during June.

I agree I am putting so much time and energy in my business and not getting any bookings or leads lately. It's just sad because I am spending so much money on fliers and postcards not to mention postage. It just seems like the bookings and few and far between then I get a cancellation and get more aggrivated.

sigh.....i think a lot of us feel your pain right now. since i'm so new to pc, i don't know what to make of it all. i keep blaming myself for not doing enough but i am doing more than enough.

My only advice is to keep on doing...even if you aren't getting bookings still work your business, be consistent, it will pay off. My spring was slow and I get discouraged very easily so I have to force myself to keep at it. I also need instant results but you will get results maybe just not as instant as we like...making calls is better than not making calls...keep your name and business on the minds of your customers.
GOOD LUCK....Think Positive....:)

Don't be discouraged, this is actually typical for May. With graduations, Mother's day and school getting ready to let out, people have way too much going on. I have been in PC for seven years now, and I really try to go lite in the months of May and August (August because people are taking last minute vacations, and school starting back up) Hang in there!

1. How can Pampered Chef products help me save money during tough times?

Pampered Chef offers high-quality kitchen tools and cookware at affordable prices, allowing you to prepare delicious meals at home instead of dining out. This can save you money in the long run and help you feel the pinch less.

2. Are there any budget-friendly recipes or meal planning tips available?

Yes, we have a variety of budget-friendly recipes and meal planning tips on our website and in our cookbooks. These resources can help you create delicious and affordable meals using Pampered Chef products.

3. Can I host a Pampered Chef party to earn free products during tough times?

Of course! Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to get free and discounted products while having fun with your friends and family. Plus, our hosts often receive exclusive discounts during tough times.

4. What is Pampered Chef's return policy if I am not satisfied with my purchase?

We want you to be completely satisfied with your Pampered Chef purchase. If for any reason you are not, we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can return your product for a full refund or exchange.

5. Are there any special deals or promotions during tough times?

Yes, we understand that times can be tough, and we want to help our customers save money. That's why we frequently offer special deals and promotions, such as discounts or free shipping, to help you feel the pinch less when purchasing Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Cathy pclady
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • otisbg
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies