• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Paying for a Pampered Chef P Website Worth It?

In summary, the website is beneficial to you if your hosts use it. You can monitor more closely how many guests they have invited and how many have responded. You can add the guests to your contact list and send announcements after the show about hosting or guest specials. You can also do wedding registries without it. The website is worth it to you if you are able to make commissions from its use.
clshirk
I just started 3 months ago and can't convince myself to get a website yet. I have heard of the benefits- but wondering if they are really worth it. I guess I've never paid for a webpage and got into PC because we needed extra money for bills and have a hard time convincing myself to take the plunge and get one.

Does everyone that has one love it or do some of you think you could have lived without?

I know it will be beneficial to me when I move to MI as all of my clients are up here in AK. Being around military families, it works out great because there are sooo many out of town orders.

I have done a number of (a majority of) catalog shows, so yes, I think it is beneficial. I have not gotten any random purchases from it, but if you think you'll do catalog shows, or you work with a very computer savvy group of people (since show guests who can't attend can also purchase online), I'd say go for it. Figure on easily paying for the subscription with the commission from two catalog shows and then anything else is gravy. Also you can't do wedding registries without it either, so that alone may be a deal maker for you.

WebsiteI think the website is great. If your hosts use it then you can monitor more closely how many guests they have invited and how many have responded. It helps me stay on top of host coaching. If the hosts use your site to send e vites you can add the guests to your contact list and send announcements after the show about hosting or guest specials.

Since I recently started sending out my hosts invites, making their reminder calls and adding their guests email addresses to my website (and sending the e-invites as well), my website orders have gone up dramatically. I used to hardly ever get anyone purchasing off the website when I had it. In the last two days I have received 6 web orders!

Since it is a Tax Deduction for you as well, I say go for it!

I say it's well worth it! Alot of my hosts use it for outside orders or evites.

For me, the website was the best money spent! It paid for itself on the first show I did. My customer and hostess base is young and computer oriented. Almost all of my shows have web orders. I was able to do $800 in HWC sales just from sending out the pre-formatted email from my website. I do not get "random" orders, but I do get repeat customer orders all the time.

I had the same reservation that you did about paying for something when I was trying to MAKE money, not SPEND it. So I decided to do just six months and made a deal with myself... if I made more from the website in the six months than it cost me, I would keep it. If not, I would cancel. It worked for me and I have typically had at least one order from every show come through the website. Most of these people said they only ordered because they could do it online. Just from the commissions from those orders, I was able to "pay" for a year of my website in about 4 months. Maybe that kind of deal will work for you.

I think the random orders come w/ time & also directors leads. One thing is to make sure you are promoting your website at all your shows or at fairs. Sometimes people just want to place orders and not be bothered by shows, this allows them to do it on their terms. I have noticed that around the holidays, more orders come your way the longer I have had my site.

The website is worth it to me. For only six dollars a month you can be world wide. Not bad. Go for it.

chefbria said:
The website is worth it to me. For only six dollars a month you can be world wide. Not bad. Go for it.

Well...now that you put it that way...

I felt the exact way you did! I got my website maybe 2 months ago. I did the 6 month just in case...but I love it! I have friends that check out the outlet which is the clearance section that you don't get in the catalog, plus I use it for my shows for evites, etc. I'm definetely getting it again!!:D

TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!

I had $200 in web orders on one show alone. That paid for more than 6 mths worth of my site.

And now that I'm a director, I've had over $200 in web orders with no work required of me. I love it!

Mine has paid for itself so far. I make sure to include the address in all emails I sent out and I tell my hosts that if they send me guests email addresses I'll send out evites, I also send reminder emails that if someone cannot attend a show they can still order through....

I wanted to add that I went today to almost sign up and found out that the rate for 6m went up. I'm pretty sure not long ago I checked and it was $36 for 6m and $72 for a year, well, now it's showing $42 for 6m and $72 for a year- so I guess they are really trying to promote the full year web sign ups.

It's always been $42 and $72.

I have to be honest here. I personally have not found my PWS to be beneficial to my business. I have had it since becoming qualified and have made only a few hits off it. That being said, I know (hope) that someday I will have a host that is web saavy and utilize this "tool". I am also waiting for my ship of web customers to come in...just hope they don't sink at the dock!

It can be totally worth it!!!

I've received over 100 web orders since starting 1 Nov. When you consider that orders generally average $50-60, that's over $5000 in sales!

I am in Germany (military base), so everyone here has friends and family in the States (and elsewhere). Still, I'd say most of my orders are actuallly local....people just find it convenient.

When someone orders from your website, they frequently bookmark it. After six months, I'm starting to get orders and contact page submissions from previous customers.

At $6 a month, I find it a bargain....oops, don't want the HO folks to read that and raise the price!

Kris

chefann said:
It's always been $42 and $72.

Ok - then maybe I didn't see it, maybe someone told me they thought it was $36 at a cluster meeting and that's what I'm remembering. Ok, thanks for that.

When I first signed up, I didn't see many benefits - but over time, it has gotten better and better! Just last month I had a direct order for $140 placed, and this month, $375 order placed on a Wedding Registry. The $140 order last month bumped me into the next pay level for commission....so that order meant that I got paid more for all of my shows! :D

clshirk,
I have found my website to be very useful for show e-invites and I send reminders. You have to value the e-invite on it's own merit outside of outside orders--let me explain. You never know how many hostesses have actually mailed invites and you never know how many customers showed up at your show because they got the e-vite and put it on their calendar right then. Who knows how many people would have found out last minute with only a phone call. I have had 2 random orders--have no idea where they got my web address, but several outside orders from shows. It has paid for itself, not by thousands in orders a month, but lots of outlet buys (mention it at the show).

chefbria said:

I agree totally!!

For $6 a month you can have a wonderful website. All the major work is done for you, all you have to do is click on the items that you want to make the website your own.

I believe that I made the best decision to get the website when I did. Almost every host I have had in the last year has used it and was able to have extra orders and was able to let people know about their shows because some of their friends are just e-mail buddies and they don't have their resident address. Works out just find for me. I have had only one online order but that is okay. The shows make it worth it. I had one host last August having a show and her mother-in-law who lived in Texas bought for my host because her birthday was in September and then her sister in CA did the same and the items of course was sent to the host. It was perfect.

I think we all need to have one, for $6 a month, you can't afford not to have one.

That's my 2¢ worth

~

1. Is Paying for a Pampered Chef P Website Worth It?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, one of the most frequently asked questions I receive is whether it is worth it to pay for a P Website. The short answer is yes, it is definitely worth it. Let me explain why.

2. What are the Benefits of Having a P Website?

Having a P Website allows you to have an online presence where you can showcase all of the amazing Pampered Chef products and promotions. It also provides a convenient way for your customers to shop directly from your website, which can increase your sales. Additionally, the website comes with a variety of helpful tools and resources to support your business, such as customizable templates, marketing materials, and an online party feature.

3. How Much Does a P Website Cost?

The cost of a P Website varies depending on the package you choose. The basic package starts at $13 per month, while the premium package is $20 per month. The premium package offers additional features such as a personalized website domain and access to more marketing tools. As a consultant, you can also earn a free website by meeting certain sales and recruiting goals.

4. Can I Cancel My P Website Subscription at Any Time?

Yes, you can cancel your P Website subscription at any time. However, keep in mind that if you cancel, you will lose access to your website and all of its content. If you decide to rejoin within 90 days, you can reactivate your website and access your previous content. After 90 days, your website will be permanently deleted.

5. Are There Any Hidden Fees for a P Website?

No, there are no hidden fees for a P Website. The monthly fee is the only cost associated with the website. However, if you choose to purchase additional add-ons such as a personalized website domain, there may be an additional cost. But these add-ons are completely optional and not required for your website to function.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ponvn591
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Porchechef
  • marykate1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefdiana2007
  • magentablue