• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Mail Delivery Vehicle Allowed to Smell Like Smoke?

The post office told me that there is a sub on my route right now. But I told him of my issue with my mail stinking of smoke. He say he would have a discussion with him as they are not to be smoking in the vehicles. So we will see what happens.
jbarnhill
Silver Member
Okay this is totally off topic but I need some input on something. I live in a rural area and we have gotten a new mail man and he smokes. So when i receive packages everything smells like smoke and they are the stinky gross you out kind. :yuck: :yuck:

Can this really be allowed in a mail delivery vehicle? He drives a personal vehicle so it is not the regular looking mail vehicles but still.

JoLynn

I'm not sure if it's allowed but I would definitely complain. That is just not cool!

jbarnhill said:
Okay this is totally off topic but I need some input on something. I live in a rural area and we have gotten a new mail man and he smokes. So when i receive packages everything smells like smoke and they are the stinky gross you out kind. :yuck: :yuck:

Can this really be allowed in a mail delivery vehicle? He drives a personal vehicle so it is not the regular looking mail vehicles but still.

JoLynn

I would kindly complain to the post master as well. Not cool at all!

That would be really bad if you were allergic to smoke!

My old fedex driver smoked in his fedex truck. It was horrible! Not only did the packages smell like smoke, but the paperwork I received INSIDE the boxes smelled. One complaint and I never saw him again. And I complained nicely too. It took me a while to complain though because I just complained to everyone else about it and not fedex, but once my sister sent me flowers for my birthday and they reeked of smoke and that's when I had had it enough to complain.

Call your local Post Office and ask for the Postmaster...tough thing for us is that in rural areas they often use their own vehicle instead of a federally owned one.Don't know what the policies are on that but for ones owned by the PO I bet they can't smoke in them.Either way, you should not have to put up with stinky mail...

Not sure what the rules are, but I'm betting that he can smoke, since it's his vehicle. My dad is a rural mail man; smoked years ago but not sure if he did in the car while delivering or not. I would suggest just calling your local postmaster.

Disgusting, I would call the postmaster as well.

I vote to call and complain too.

finley1991 said:
My old fedex driver smoked in his fedex truck. It was horrible! Not only did the packages smell like smoke, but the paperwork I received INSIDE the boxes smelled. One complaint and I never saw him again. And I complained nicely too. It took me a while to complain though because I just complained to everyone else about it and not fedex, but once my sister sent me flowers for my birthday and they reeked of smoke and that's when I had had it enough to complain.

That is just so wrong:yuck:

By the way, expect the Postmaster to suggest a PO Box because I'm sure they can't control personal vehicles.

janetupnorth said:
By the way, expect the Postmaster to suggest a PO Box because I'm sure they can't control personal vehicles.

I'd agree that they probably can't, but that isn't right. The guy is on company time and should have to abide by the same rules as if he was in a mail delivery truck.

Now you've got me wondering how that works in Ohio. Smoking is banned in all places of employment, which I assume would mean a mail delivery truck... but I wonder if that extends to a personal vehicle that is used for company business. Hmmm...

IMO - even if they are driving a personal vehicle, they are being compensated for it - so they should have to follow the same rules for company vehicles.

My delivery drivers are not to smoke in their cars when they are working for me. I'm the boss, my biz and my rules. They have to follow them if they want to work for me. We cater to businesses and schools and I would freak out if the food smelled like smoke when it arrived!!!

okay after reading your comments i called the post office and the guy i talked to said that there is a sub on my route right now. But I told him of my issue with my mail stinking of smoke. He say he would have a discussion with him as they are not to be smoking in the vehicles. So we will see what happens.

JoLynn

jbarnhill said:
okay after reading your comments i called the post office and the guy i talked to said that there is a sub on my route right now. But I told him of my issue with my mail stinking of smoke. He say he would have a discussion with him as they are not to be smoking in the vehicles. So we will see what happens.

JoLynn

Good for you, I think you had every right to call.

jbarnhill said:

JoLynn
Good Job!!

He may not be smoking while he's on the mail route. My mom smokes in her car, but I don't allow it while my kids are around. So she doesn't. However, whenever we ride with her (rarely happens!) we get out smelling of smoke! It's in the car, so even if he's not smoking while delivering mail, your stuff is still gonna stink. Sorry!

Related to Is My Mail Delivery Vehicle Allowed to Smell Like Smoke?

1. Why does my mail from Pampered Chef have a bad smell?

At Pampered Chef, we take great care in ensuring that all of our products are of the highest quality and safe for use. However, during transit, some of the materials used in packaging may emit a temporary odor. This odor is not harmful and will dissipate quickly once the package is opened.

2. How long will the smell last on my Pampered Chef mail?

The smell may last for a few hours to a few days, depending on the sensitivity of your nose and the amount of ventilation in the area where the package is opened. If the odor persists for more than a few days, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

3. Is the smell on my Pampered Chef mail dangerous?

No, the smell is not dangerous. It is simply a temporary and harmless odor from the packaging materials. All of our products undergo rigorous testing to ensure they are safe for use.

4. Can I still use the products inside the package if it smells?

Yes, you can still use the products inside the package. The smell is not harmful and does not affect the quality or safety of the products. However, if you are concerned, please feel free to contact our customer service team for further assistance.

5. How can I get rid of the smell from my Pampered Chef mail?

The best way to get rid of the temporary odor is to open the package and allow it to air out in a well-ventilated area. You can also try wiping down the packaging materials with a damp cloth. If the smell persists, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

Back