• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Hosting a Show the Best Way to Save on PC Products?

In summary, if you want to order PC products and get the 20% discount, you would be better off to "host" a show and put the products you want in your mother's name. You would get the 20% discount and the $25 in free products this way. If you want to order PC products and get the 50% discount, you would be better off to "host" a show and put the products you want in your own name. The order would be commissionable, but you would get a better "deal" and you would have the guest sales for your lifetime sales and bonus program.
WLMcCoy
I want to order almost $200 in PC products. Wouldn't I be better off to 'host' a show and put the products I want in my mother's name. If I do it as a personal order, I get 20% off. But if I put it under a show, I'll be paying more at first, but I'll get 20% back from commission, plus I will get the $25 in free products. Am I accurate, or am I missing some detail?

I have 7 shows booked for Sept. already! I am super excited, and I must be thinking extra hard! haha

We can host our own shows. You don't need to use your mother's name.

We as consultants are supposed to order items for our personal use as a personal order only. If the items are a gift for your mother, then it would be OK to put the order through in her name, so that the receipt is in her name (or whoever - I do this for Christmas gifts for family every year). It is against policy for us to submit personal orders any other way than as a non-commissionable personal order.

Ann F said:
We can host our own shows. You don't need to use your mother's name.

That's true - if there are guest orders and not just a consultant ordering things for personal use.

I would host the show, but I would put the products I want under my mom's name (her being a customer) so that it would count towards commissionable sales..

ignore the last reply from me.. I get it! Thanks a lot!

WLMcCoy said:
I would host the show, but I would put the products I want under my mom's name (her being a customer) so that it would count towards commissionable sales..

That would be against PC's policy for consultant orders. Personal orders are non-commissioned sales.

WLMcCoy said:
I want to order almost $200 in PC products. Wouldn't I be better off to 'host' a show and put the products I want in my mother's name. If I do it as a personal order, I get 20% off. But if I put it under a show, I'll be paying more at first, but I'll get 20% back from commission, plus I will get the $25 in free products. Am I accurate, or am I missing some detail?

I have 7 shows booked for Sept. already! I am super excited, and I must be thinking extra hard! haha

Host a show (you CAN be the host). When you get it to $400 in guest orders you could get 2 of the things you want for 50% off, $60 of it free and the rest at 20% off. Your order would not be commissionable but you'd get a better "deal" and you'd have the guest sales for your lifetime sales and bonus program (I believe you're in your first 30/90 days).

That way the items are in your name for the warranty and you get an even better discount than the consultant discount and it's your show #8 for the bonus. AND you can better track what your mom has. I have purchased things for my DIL and then gave some of them to a different DIL because she wanted it more... So now I'm not sure what each one has. It's so much better to have things in the person's name for future tracking.

Another thing to think about is what would the tax benefit be for you. What we purchase for ourselves, although we don't make commission, we get a discount on, and we can claim on our taxes as a business expense....overall, I've found Beth's plan to be the best...collect some orders and host your own show! I watch host specials and if I see a good month, I host my own small show. :)
Free beats anything anyday! 60% off is nice too...

Thanks a lot, girls!

1. What does the phrase "Am I Missing Something Here?" mean?

The phrase "Am I Missing Something Here?" is commonly used to express confusion or uncertainty about a situation or information that has been presented. It suggests that the person saying it may feel like they are not fully understanding or grasping the concept at hand.

2. How is the phrase "Am I Missing Something Here?" used in the Pampered Chef business?

In the context of Pampered Chef, the phrase "Am I Missing Something Here?" may be used when a consultant or customer is unsure about a product or recipe, or if they feel like they are not fully taking advantage of the benefits of being a Pampered Chef member. It can also be used to prompt further discussion and clarification in a team meeting or training session.

3. Can "Am I Missing Something Here?" be considered a sales tactic?

No, "Am I Missing Something Here?" is not a sales tactic. It is a genuine question that can be used to facilitate open communication and understanding between team members or customers. It is not meant to pressure someone into buying something, but rather to encourage them to ask questions and learn more about the Pampered Chef products and business.

4. How should I respond if someone asks "Am I Missing Something Here?" during a Pampered Chef presentation?

If someone asks "Am I Missing Something Here?" during a presentation, it is important to listen carefully and address their concerns or questions. You can ask them to clarify what they are unsure about and provide more information or demonstrations to help them fully understand the product or opportunity. It is also helpful to follow up with them after the presentation to ensure that all of their questions have been answered.

5. Is there a better way to phrase "Am I Missing Something Here?"

There is no right or wrong way to phrase "Am I Missing Something Here?" It is a common and effective phrase that can be used to express confusion or seek clarification in a respectful manner. However, you can also rephrase it to say "Can you explain this further?" or "I'm not sure I understand, can you elaborate?" The most important thing is to ask questions and communicate openly to ensure a clear understanding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristianne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • saravaughn1