• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Anyone Getting Any Response From Fb?

in summary, most of my PC consultant friends use Facebook as their primary way of communicating with their customers. They report that it is an easier way for guests to reach them, and that they have been able to interact with them in the past before shows. I have also been able to connect with some guests before the show when they had questions. Overall, they report that it is a very helpful tool.
pampered1224
Silver Member
Just wondering as I know most of my friends are PC consultants! I also do not go out there as much as I should to keep it up to date either but if it is working for you all, maybe I need to make it more of a priority. Thanks!

Yes, I have gotten lots of orders and I just booked a vendor event via FB.

I've had quite a bit of success with FB. For the most part it's an easier way for some of my customers to contact me.

raebates said:
I've had quite a bit of success with FB. For the most part it's an easier way for some of my customers to contact me.

I agree. The majority of my hosts are now using FB as the primary way of inviting people, and they often friend me so that I can keep track of their invite list also. I've been able to interact with guests before the show when they've had questions - it's been fun!

Plus, I am now being "liked" by people I don't even know, so I'm assuming that people are sharing my page with their friends. I LOVE that!

I haven't had anything that I could directly link to my FB page. I got an order over the weekend from a friend and I had one person who is solely a PC contact regularly comment or like my fan page posts. I do have fans that I don't know, as well. Most of the interaction on my fan page are from my mom or other PC consultants.

That being said, I figure it doesn't cost me anything, but puts me in front of people on a regular basis, so I'll keep it up.

I don't have a fan page, but just my page that I primarily use for business. I have been sending friend requests w/in 24 hrs of a show to all of the guests. Some accept, others don't. I think this day in age it keeps us connected to our guests. I am still trying to make lots of phone contacts, but by having them as a FB friend I am one step closer. It also lets them know where to find me when they need me. About a month ago I had a cancellation for a Sat show. I posted the date and time and within 5 min I had another one scheduled in it's place.
I post recipes, and a little about my family, but try to keep it pretty professional without overwhelming them with PC, b/c then they will very quickly unfriend me. I think it is a fine line to walk and I am not sure I am doing it perfectly, but I am trying to keep connections there.

That's part of why I decided to split my personal and business profiles. Those who choose to become FB friends of my business are expecting food/PC-related stuff. I still mention PC on my personal profile, but it's discrete.

At the time PC "Legalized Facebook", I had deleted my personal FB proflieI have a few close friends on there, but have totally avoided adding all of the random people that I am not really friends with, ya know.
I put enough personal on there to keep connected b/c I do try to make a personal connection with my customers, and I like to read about them and be able to comment about what they have going on.

Since I created my fan page, I have had a few people that I didn't originally invite to check it out come over and they "liked" it. So now I know I have more people who are interested in it than I originally thought. It's not much, and I don't really get a lot of feedback on it. But it's still very new and I haven't had shows yet where I advertised it. Well, I did mention it at my Fall Kick Off party, and within a few hours afterwards, one of my past hosts (who came to my party) found me and both friend requested me and liked my fan page. It is my hope that people will go home from a party and the next time they are on FB, they'll find my page and "like" it. I'm letting them know that it'll be a place where they can get some additional recipes, cooking tips, be in the loop if PC announces any new specials, etc.One thing that is nice about the fan page is that people can "like" it without befriending you on FB. This lets them peek into your PC life, but keep them distanced from your personal profile. It also makes it so they can stay private from me. I can see how some people wouldn't necessarily want to be "friends" on FB if they are a private person, so this is a great option for them.

I am getting quite a bit of response from FB. I have gotten orders from several people that I would have never guessed would be interested, so it has been a success for me.

Those of you who are getting a response, what specifically are you posting?

I posted the pumpkin dish dish special and within minutes a friend of mine sent me a PM asking to buy 5 of them. Then another friend who is doing a catalog show for me in either Oct. or Nov. said she wanted one. Then her friend chimed in (I have her as a friend because she plays Frontierville :blushing:) that she wants to get one, too.

Generally speaking I try to post three times a week--something funny, a product tip, a recipe, food info, fun question, contest.

I created a group, which is small. I was looking at fan pages, but I'm confused. PC says we have to be able to be able to keep it private. In other words you can't access most of the group/page unless you are an approved member. I know on Yahoo, people can ask to join a group, but the moderator(s) have to approve them before they have full access. Can you do this with a fan page? I'd love to do a fan page, but don't want to get in trouble with PC. I remember that the FB training on CC walked us through groups.

lt1jane said:
I created a group, which is small. I was looking at fan pages, but I'm confused. PC says we have to be able to be able to keep it private. In other words you can't access most of the group/page unless you are an approved member. I know on Yahoo, people can ask to join a group, but the moderator(s) have to approve them before they have full access. Can you do this with a fan page? I'd love to do a fan page, but don't want to get in trouble with PC. I remember that the FB training on CC walked us through groups.

You should read some of the other threads under the Social Media section. There were lots of discussions on the difference between pages and groups, the rules, how to set them up, etc.

But to answer your question a little bit: with a group, people need to already be a FB friend. You can set it up as "secret" to keep it completely private, like HO asks. But the down side is that unless those people specifically think to go to the group page often, they won't see any posts you make.

When you create a fan page, your posts go to the news feed of people who have clicked "like". You don't have to approve of people who click "like", which is nice. And people can "like" your page and not have to become a FB friend to do so.

Thank you, I did read a lot of the other threads, but was still confused.

babywings76 said:
You should read some of the other threads under the Social Media section. There were lots of discussions on the difference between pages and groups, the rules, how to set them up, etc.

But to answer your question a little bit: with a group, people need to already be a FB friend. You can set it up as "secret" to keep it completely private, like HO asks. But the down side is that unless those people specifically think to go to the group page often, they won't see any posts you make.

When you create a fan page, your posts go to the news feed of people who have clicked "like". You don't have to approve of people who click "like", which is nice. And people can "like" your page and not have to become a FB friend to do so.

To add a little more - with a Fan Page, it's considered private, because people are invited to join, and they can choose to "like" the page, and join, or they can choose to ignore. Your posts will only show up on the newsfeed of those who "Like" your page. And, at any time, if they choose to not get your posts, they can "unlike" the Fan Page. That's what makes a Fan Page okay with the policies set forth by PC.

thank you, I now have a fan page. This will be great, I don't have to friend a bunch of customers. I can just direct them to my fan page.

No :( I feel ignored.....nothing so far! Not a peep? Not sure what I'm doing wrong.....

I have gotten a few orders and a booking from my FB page. It's just one more way to get the word out about your business.

What is everyone calling their "Fan Pages" on Facebook? Can we say Jane Doe's Pampered Chef Page, or??? Just curious! Thanks!

WOw, thanks! I'm trying to get mine fancied up, but I'm not the best at these things ;)

I just booked a catalog show from my FB page! I made an event and friends of the host are invited through FB. The event has instructions on how to go to my website and order and the specials for this month.

lesliec said:
I don't have a fan page, but just my page that I primarily use for business. I have been sending friend requests w/in 24 hrs of a show to all of the guests.

How do you find them to send them a friend request? Sometimes I have a hard time finding people I know, let alone people I don't. I like the idea of this though!

DebbieJ said:
Yes, I have gotten lots of orders and I just booked a vendor event via FB.
what have you done? How have the orders come? [I'm new to FB]

Thanks for this thread, keep the ideas coming! :)

i have a personal page on FB but how do I make one for PC? Do I put in on my personal one? HELP!! :)

the easy way is to go to either someone else's FB fan page or the PC main page. In the lower left hand corner there is a link that says "create a page." Click on that and it will walk you through a fan page. You will have two "personalities" now on FB. I use my personal FB for just that, personal stuff. I have to click on the "account" link and choose "use facebook as page" link to switch to my fan page. When you are using your fan page, all of your posts will be as if they are from your fan page. I have the independent logo as my picture on my fan page and another picture for my personal page.

I sold 3 DCB sets on FB this month, and I have very few fans, lol! People like pictures... post a picture and tell them why you love something, or why it's a great deal, and they will want to buy!

I've gotten decent response from mine. I call mine -
Pampered Chef: Laura Antonelli, Independent Consultant

Main thing is not to overblast things. I know from experience of other things I have "fanned", I skip right over them in the newsfeed. If it's something new, I'll be like, "hmm! What's this!?!"

How did you get your "Newsletter" added, Noora?

1. How can I tell if my Facebook page is getting any response?

The best way to track your page's response on Facebook is by checking your page insights. This will show you important metrics such as reach, engagement, and likes. You can also monitor comments and messages on your page to see how your audience is interacting with your content.

2. Is having an updated Facebook page important for Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, having an updated Facebook page is important for any business, including Pampered Chef consultants. It allows you to connect with current and potential customers, showcase new products, and build brand awareness. It also serves as a platform for customers to leave reviews and interact with your business.

3. How often should I be updating my Facebook page as a Pampered Chef consultant?

It is recommended to post on your Facebook page at least 3-4 times a week. This will keep your page active and engaging for your followers. You can also schedule posts in advance to save time and stay consistent with your updates.

4. What type of content should I be posting on my Pampered Chef Facebook page?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can post a variety of content on your Facebook page. This can include product highlights, recipes, cooking tips, and behind-the-scenes looks at your business. It is important to mix up your content to keep your audience interested and engaged.

5. How can I improve my Facebook page's response as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Some ways to improve your Facebook page's response include regularly posting engaging content, responding to comments and messages promptly, and utilizing Facebook ads to reach a larger audience. It is also helpful to collaborate with other Pampered Chef consultants and participate in Facebook groups related to cooking and kitchen products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • c00p
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • wcsis