• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Introducing Our Newest Addition: Meet MacKinnon (Mack) - Born August 6th, 2008!

In summary, Darcy has recently given birth to her second child, a son named MacKinnon. She has also undergone gastric bypass surgery, losing 130lbs since giving birth. Her first child passed away due to a rare birth defect, and she has named her new son after him. Darcy looks great and everyone is congratulating her on her new addition and weight loss.
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
Ok, let's try this, I'm so bad at the computer stuff so it may take me a couple of trys to get the picture right, bare with me! :)

Our newest addition:
MacKinnon (Mack)
Born August 6th, 2008
5lbs, 14oz, 21 1/2 inches long

dep_show_line_item4.jpg

And just a few more!

dep_show_line_item13.jpg

P1030078.jpg

Congrats Darcy! Both of you look GREAT!

Darcy, he is really cute but I have to say, YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much! He's almost 9 1/2lbs now, he's growing so much and so fast, I had to pack most of his preemie clothes away the other day, it's so crazy! And as far as I go, I officially hit 130lbs lost since surgery two weeks after Mack's delivery. It's been 13 months since my surgery. I'm feeling great, still sufferring from horrible kidney stones (I think it's just going to be something I have to deal with for life as a side effect), but other than that great!

He's adorable Darcy and you look FANTASTIC!!! CONGRATS!

Congrats!!
He is so cute and yes you do look great!

Oh my gosh---what everyone else said!!! You both are looking wonderful. Congratulations!!!!

Enjoy every moment with your precious one!:)

SO CUTE! He is absolutely adorable. And as everyone else has said...you look FABULOUS!!! Enjoy! :) Is he your 1st?

Congratulations Darcy!

The two of you are both so cute!

How adorable! :love0010:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Congratulations! He is gorgeous!

awwwwwwwww, he's a cutie!

Congrats to you & your family he's adorable :)

Thanks everybody! In answer to someone's question, he's actually my 2nd but our first past away a little over two years ago shortly after he was born. He had a rare birth defect called Vacterl Association and had open heart surgery when he was only two weeks old. He died from a freak complication from the surgery. MacKinnon's middle name is his older brother's name, we wanted to be sure to honor him with Mack's birth. MacKinnon is also the spitting image of his brother Taylan. It's the oddest thing. We're very proud of our two little men :) Taylan and Mack are also the reason why I had the gastric bypass in the first place. After going through so much with our first pregnancy, I wanted to make sure that I did everything that I could to stay healthy for our next baby, we never had a question that we would try again.

Wow Darcy! Your story is so inspiring!!!!! Thanks for sharing! :)

Related to Introducing Our Newest Addition: Meet MacKinnon (Mack) - Born August 6th, 2008!

1. Can you tell us more about Mack's birth story?

Mack was born on August 6th, 2008 at 9:32 am, weighing 7 pounds and 2 ounces. The delivery went smoothly and both mom and baby are doing well.

2. How did you choose the name MacKinnon for your newest addition?

MacKinnon is a family name that has been passed down for generations. We wanted to honor our family history and give our son a strong and meaningful name.

3. Is Mack your first child?

No, Mack is our second child. We also have a daughter who is 4 years old.

4. What are some of your favorite moments with Mack so far?

There are so many wonderful moments with Mack, but some of our favorites include his first smile, his first giggle, and his first steps. We also love watching him interact with his older sister.

5. How has becoming a parent changed your perspective on life?

Becoming a parent has definitely changed our perspective on life. It has taught us to be more patient, selfless, and grateful. It has also shown us a whole new kind of love that we never knew existed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies