• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Indoor Holiday Market in Apex/Cary: Vendor Opportunities Available!

In summary, the conversation is about an advertisement on Craigslist for an indoor holiday market in the Apex/Cary area. The market will feature 50-75 vendors and has been successfully produced in other cities for the past 5 years. The conversation involves discussing the legitimacy of the ad and whether or not to respond to it. Some people suggest creating a new email address to respond, while others express their trust in Craigslist and have never had any issues. Ultimately, the decision is left up to the individual.
esavvymom
Staff member
I saw this on our area Craigslist. What do you think? Part of me would love to find out more information about it- but I'm half-scared to give them my contact info for fear it's a scam. Just seems that they'd provide more verifiable details in their ad if they were 'legit'. What do you think? Have you seen and gotten positive results or even negative?

This is the ad from craigslist:
"We are creating an indoor Holiday Market in the Apex/Cary area for November and December. The market will feature between 50-75 vendors who make and/or sell interesting items including jewelry, crafts, clothing, collectibles, ornaments, furniture, and much more. We will be doing advertising and publicity and this will be a major destination for Holiday Shoppers. We have successfully produced Holiday Markets in other cities for hte past 5 years so we know how to draw the traffic!

If you are interested in becoming a vendor please email us for more information."

The email they gave was just the typical 'craiglist.org' reply-to address. That's partly what makes me suspicious.

Thanks

I would create a new email address (yahoo.com or something) and email them from there.

I use Craigslist in my area, and the craigslist email is so that the person remain anonymous (as if their email isn't being broadcast for everyone to see). You will get a real reply.

But if you are at all suspicious then maybe you shouldn't.

I use it all the time and I have never had any trouble. Make sure if you are buying or selling you have someone home or with you.

If you're nervous about it, set up a new email address (Yahoo and gmail are free) and reply to them from there. Request more info before you give them more information.

What part are you nervous about? Don't you already give your email address and telephone number out to any stranger who asks you for a catalog? It sounds like a good event. I would email to find out more info!! Good luck and I hope you snatch it up before someone else does!

Chef Kearns said:
What part are you nervous about? Don't you already give your email address and telephone number out to any stranger who asks you for a catalog? It sounds like a good event. I would email to find out more info!! Good luck and I hope you snatch it up before someone else does!

Yes, but this seems a little different to me I guess. I figured if a company was wanting to sell itself, they should provide a little more information about themselves and not be so secretive. "What are they hiding?"

But I did go ahead and reply to it asking for more details. I just used an email account that I don't use very often anymore and that I was planning on getting rid of in the near future. If this is legit, I'll update and proceed with my regular email. We shall see what happens. I guess it was just that inner-voice thing.

I would respond to it, without even thinking twice. But usually they tell me "we already have PC but we'll keep you in mind".

1. What is "Would You Reply to This?"

"Would You Reply to This?" is a game that helps you improve your communication and relationship-building skills through fun and interactive scenarios.

2. How does "Would You Reply to This?" work?

The game consists of a set of cards with different scenarios and prompts. Players take turns role-playing and responding to the scenarios, while the others provide feedback and suggestions for improvement.

3. Is "Would You Reply to This?" only for people in sales or customer service?

No, "Would You Reply to This?" is designed for anyone who wants to improve their communication skills, whether in a professional or personal setting.

4. Can "Would You Reply to This?" be played in a group setting?

Yes, the game can be played with 2 or more players. In fact, playing with a group can be more beneficial as you can learn from each other's responses and feedback.

5. How can I purchase "Would You Reply to This?"

"Would You Reply to This?" can be purchased online through the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. It is also available at select retail stores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
PigletsMom
  • monica_sweetconsultant