• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Would You Choose to See at a Company Show?

In summary, the person is extremely excited for a show in a week and is undecided about which one to go to. They will go to a show with a big name consultant and are excited to observe and learn from others.
pchefkristin
you admire in the company and go to their show.. .who would it be?

(Hope I am posting in the appropriate forum by the way)

I have an opportunity to go to a show in just over a week with a big name consultant in the company. I am so totally thrilled about it, that I cannot comprehend what I may be in store for yet!

So, what do you all think? If you could be a fly on the wall, whose show would you want to go to? And would you let that person know you are a consultant? And, would you make a purchase from the show?

I got an invite from a friend in another state, and I cannot believe who her consultant is. I have not, and most likely will not RSVP to her invite. (want to surprise her... is this bad?!) But, I do have flight info, hotel and rental car confirmations all ready planned. AND, it does say bring a friend :rolleyes: , so my director friend Kris, from Kansas is flying in to meet me. Am I insane, or what?!

You are flying to go to a PC show?????

I can't say that there's some big mucky-muck I'm dying to observe. There are several of you fellow cheffers, though, who have definitely piqued my interest.

CheffAnn
The Kitchen Guy
Gillian
JillySue

Just to name a few.

Ohh.... I'm honored that you would want to come to my show.

There are a LOT of people who I'd like to observe: folks here, big-time muckety-mucks, people in my own cluster.... You never know where you're going to get that great idea!

Can't say there is anyone in the company UNLESS it was Doris herself, that I would spend $$$ on to go see.
I do think you should tell he host out of courtesy.
did the friend know you sell PC?

Teresa Lynn said:
Can't say there is anyone in the company UNLESS it was Doris herself, that I would spend $$$ on to go see.
I do think you should tell he host out of courtesy.
did the friend know you sell PC?

Yes, she does know. We hooked up last here in Michigan for a scrapbooking weekend, and at that point she had never even been to a PC show before. She lives in Pennsylvania, and try as I might, I could not get her to commit to even doing a catalog show with me. She is a bit upper crust I guess.

She let me know one day that she had finally attended her first show, and loved the consultants humor so much that she booked a show with him. Under deduction of location, I asked if her consultant was Don Funt, and she couldnt believe I knew who he was! :rolleyes: I told her she had to get me an autographed photo and pics from her show! (Us scrapbookers will take pics of anything wont we?!)

So I was surprised last week when I got an invite from her for the show! Round trip air fare, two nights hotel stay and a rental car for $390 (if it was any more I would rethink it completely!) , and being able to deduct it as a training excursion has me totally excited for this trip!

I think I may let her know, but not until we are in PA at least! And I certainly will purchase something from her show as well...

I know you all think I am off my rocker, but dang... this stuff doesnt just happen every day!
:D

pchefkristin said:
I know you all think I am off my rocker, but dang... this stuff doesnt just happen every day!
:D

I don't think you are off your rocker!
Deductible trip to go visit your friend?!? And get to see Don Funt's show live and in person?!?!?

I would have to say.....

I would LOVE To See Doris and Nancy Ryan. But other than those two......I would love to see many of the shows from people on here. Especially:
ChefAnn
Jilleysue
Raebates
KG
Jenniferknapp

There are so many of you. To many to list here. I just love this place and love PC.

Last edited:
I woudl love to see Scottie Brister, Jillian Eisenberg & David Meenan...on here, CS, I am DYING to see ChefAnn in action - she and I have SUCH similar senses of humor and attitude, I think I could pick up some GREAT stuff from her!

raebates said:
I can't say that there's some big mucky-muck I'm dying to observe. There are several of you fellow cheffers, though, who have definitely piqued my interest.

CheffAnn
The Kitchen Guy
Gillian
JillySue

Just to name a few.
Ahhhh- the hormones are going to make me cry! I would be scared that one of you would come to my show and then wonder "WHY IS THIS LADY PUTTING HER GUESTS THROUGH THIS!!??"

LOL!

I would like to go to one of Nancy Jo's shows and should really get around to doing it...

As for others, I'd like to go to David Meenan's or Tom Martson's.

Have fun at Don's show! Be sure to share what you gleaned with all of us!

Nancy Jo came to our cluster meeting last October. She is my hospitality director's director. I would like to see Patti Morcerino's show, just because she is so funny, I think it would be like going to a comedy club. Our season's kick-offs are so much fun, with her involved.

Nancy Jo comes to our cluster once a year as well, but I really need to get to one of her shows!

Patti's show would be a hoot. She is too much.

hoosierchef said:
I would have to say.....

I would LOVE To See Doris and Nancy Ryan. But other than those two......I would love to see many of the shows from people on here. Especially:
ChefAnn
Jilleysue
Raebates
KG
Jenniferknapp

There are so many of you. To many to list here. I just love this place and love PC.

Aww, how sweet. You know, you're probably close enough to come to one of my shows without needing a plane ticket. ;)

hoosierchef said:
I would have to say.....I would LOVE To See Doris and Nancy Ryan. But other than those two......I would love to see many of the shows from people on here. Especially:
ChefAnn
Jilleysue
Raebates
KG
JenniferknappThere are so many of you. To many to list here. I just love this place and love PC.
Awww thanks!! I feel honored, especially with all of the amazingly talented "competition" on this site!!For me, I have to save basically exactly who you said, plus AJPratt and GillianDanielle!

jenniferknapp said:
Awww thanks!! I feel honored, especially with all of the amazingly talented "competition" on this site!!

For me, I have to save basically exactly who you said, plus AJPratt and GillianDanielle!

Yep. I knew there were a few others on here I forgot to add....Def Gillian & AJ too!

I was talkin' with Anne (AJPratt) last week about how fun it would be to use the whole summer to just drive around the country visiting cheffers and watching their shows. Sort of an uber-road trip.

That would be awesome!!!

raebates said:

CheffAnn
The Kitchen Guy
Gillian
JillySue

Just to name a few.

That list is the same as mine except I'd also love to see one of your shows.

chefann said:
I was talkin' with Anne (AJPratt) last week about how fun it would be to use the whole summer to just drive around the country visiting cheffers and watching their shows. Sort of an uber-road trip.

That does sound like fun.

We could rent a bus! It would probably double the cost to add a visit to me though, LOL! Not to mention all the passport headaches! Maybe I will have to do a show at leadership next year in my hotel room!!

I'm flattered that so many of you included me. Honestly, while I feel like I put on a pretty good show, I'm probably much more impressive in your heads. Yeah, I'm much better imagined than live and in person.

Thanks for thinking of me. I use my shows for my standup routine. LOL

Don Funt would be fun to see but I would never do what he does so I don't think it would be a business benefit. I met Nancy Jo once in Disney she said she doesn't do anything special at her show it's the discussion with those after (for the recruiting) so I don't know that watching a demo would be helpful so much as finding out what they do after it with the individuals placing orders. However I think it is always fun to watch anyone different do a demo.

Rae is in my cluster, so I've seen her show (so to speak), and it is worth paying for, even though she does it for us for free! She's AWESOME! (You know I love ya, Rae!)

I saw Tom Marston's KS at conference, and he's an absolute hoot! I left wanting to buy things I already have at full price when I'm a consultant. That man can sell! He said some things that wouldn't fly in my neck of the woods (we're too conservative), but I laughed and loved the whole thing!

I got to go to a Nancy Jo show. It was really neat and my fellow PC friend and I were like "we're not worthy!!" (Wayne's World, anyone?!) She REALLY didn't do anything special. I think the fact that she IS a big wig and lets people know it attract people to her. They know she's successful, so she must do a good show and be a good leader, right? I would book a show/sign under her...except that I LOVE LOVE LOVE my director and am actually traveling down to see her in Dallas in a month! I can't wait! And I think I'm going to get to go to a show with her! What fun!

chefann said:

ROAD TRIPPIN'! OMG.....That sounds like so much fun!! LOL

Patti Mocerino did a workshop at our National Conference last year - she was a hoot and I loved her presentation.

At our Leadership Summit, Doreen Grass, from Home Office spoke and she was amazing!!

OH MY...YOU GUYS ARE GREAT> Thank you. but honestly I haven't done enough shows for you any of you to see me in person ...JUST Yet. I talk a better talk......LOL. I am better in the Imaginary world. Carolyn is who, I would have to send you all to. She just cracks me up and her show is very entertaining. I learned what I know from her.
Thank you though. ...HEHEHEHEHE, BLUSHING.
I would like to see many of the shows. Wish they would do a video of the many different styles just so we could see. I would like to see the styles of Mr. Funt and Meenan too. I would like to see all the directors really, but not till I get really better at the basics. Too many styles would mess me up.
Thanks for all your kind word. Love you guys.

Brandie said:
Rae is in my cluster, so I've seen her show (so to speak), and it is worth paying for, even though she does it for us for free! She's AWESOME! (You know I love ya, Rae!)

I love you, too, Brandie! http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/love0001.gif

Warning to all: Brandie is very easily impressed.

Jilleysue said:
OH MY...YOU GUYS ARE GREAT> Thank you. but honestly I haven't done enough shows for you any of you to see me in person ...JUST Yet. I talk a better talk......LOL. I am better in the Imaginary world. Carolyn is who, I would have to send you all to. She just cracks me up and her show is very entertaining. I learned what I know from her.
Thank you though. ...HEHEHEHEHE, BLUSHING.
I would like to see many of the shows. Wish they would do a video of the many different styles just so we could see. I would like to see the styles of Mr. Funt and Meenan too. I would like to see all the directors really, but not till I get really better at the basics. Too many styles would mess me up.
Thanks for all your kind word. Love you guys.

Oh puhleeez.... I am nuthin!!
But thanks for the compliment.
You know you can get Cooking Show Live DVDs on a supply order for $2...I always make sure to go to one CS Live Workshop at conference each year. My first year it was Tom Marston and last year it was a gal from Long Island who was a lot of fun!

Oh really cool. Those will really help me. Great.

Oh and you are sumfin.......MISS CAROLYN. YOU ARE DA BEST!!!!! MISS TPC!!!!!!

Oh, Don Funt will be fun I'm sure.....report back here when you get home! If I had the money, I would definately do that--tax write off:)
I'd love to see Nancy Jo & Tom Marston. I talked to Scottie Brister at conference 2 years ago; her shows would be great too. And of course anyone here would be fun to see:)

I have only been to two other pampered chef shows in my life they were a very long time ago and my director lives far far away so I don't have a cluster near me and I don't have a hospitality director so i am on my own so to speak so I would really be happy to see anyones demo!!:eek: :)

I live about an hour east of Indianapolis and all of my family lives (where i grew up) about an hour south east of Chicago. So if there is anyone on here that is in Indiana drop a line maybe send an invite and maybe I could finally see a current demo!!!:)

heather

Well, I'm in Indiana, Heather, but I'm up about half-way between Indy and South Bend. It's probably a bit far for you to drive.

raebates said:
Well, I'm in Indiana, Heather, but I'm up about half-way between Indy and South Bend. It's probably a bit far for you to drive.

You are probably about 2-2 1/2 hours from me. maybe over the summer when things are slow maybe I will see about a road trip!!!

I will be in Fort Wayne next weekend that probably isn't to far from you. Maybe on one of my next trips up there I could just take a detour!!!

I'm pretty game for going anywhere!!!

heather

Heather,

I have two shows in Schererville coming up. One this Friday and one next month. You are welcome to come. Just PM or email me!

Morvin said:
I have only been to two other pampered chef shows in my life they were a very long time ago and my director lives far far away so I don't have a cluster near me and I don't have a hospitality director so i am on my own so to speak so I would really be happy to see anyones demo!!:eek:

heather

Heather~

Have you looked into getting a hosp. director? The cluster could really help you...and you would be adding to that cluster! We have two hosp. consultants at our meetings and they have been a WONDERFUL addition to our meetings! Plus, you need somewhere (other than here...even though this is great!) to toot your own horn or to get support!

KellyTheChef said:
Heather~

Have you looked into getting a hosp. director? The cluster could really help you...and you would be adding to that cluster! We have two hosp. consultants at our meetings and they have been a WONDERFUL addition to our meetings! Plus, you need somewhere (other than here...even though this is great!) to toot your own horn or to get support!

I would lOVE to have a hosp. director. But the one that home office gave my director the info on won't return any calls so I gave up. I haved tried to call home office reguarding this but they won't tell me anything because they say they can only talk to my director about it. And that doesn't get me very far!!! So I back at square one I have been doing this for going one three years now and the majority of the time I have just been on my own and I think that I have done fairly well. So sometimes I geat hard headed and say well it's only up to me!! And then sometime I think I have done this well on my own just imagine what I could do if I had a cluster!!!!!

heather

Well... just had to share the excitement. Don returned a call to me today. Not only is he happy to have us come to a show, BUT he is offering a Director training an hour after we arrive at the airport with someone from the Home office! AND, its at his house! WOWSERS! I am totally psyched!

Now, just hoping that my surgery goes well on Thursday, and I dont catch my DH's cold... ugh! Wish me luck!

That is fantastic. I'm sure you will learn tons and have a great time.

pchefkristin said:
Well... just had to share the excitement. Don returned a call to me today. Not only is he happy to have us come to a show, BUT he is offering a Director training an hour after we arrive at the airport with someone from the Home office! AND, its at his house! WOWSERS! I am totally psyched!

Now, just hoping that my surgery goes well on Thursday, and I dont catch my DH's cold... ugh! Wish me luck!
You better take good notes and share with us!

pamperedlinda said:
You better take good notes and share with us!

:D You know I will! ;)

:confused: WHO IS DON FUNT??:confused:

I feel sort of embarrased for not knowing.

chefkristin said:

The first man to make Executive Director w/ PC - he is on alot of the Training dvds that you can purchase, and he is the man featured in the new "Your Life, Your Way" DVD. :D
Does that help?

chefkristin said:

He has been a Huge success for PC. He has Huge Fundraisers as well as HUGE shows. Makin da big bucks:D

OMG, that is so cool. How awesome!!!

Okay my heros would be Tom Marston, I have heard him on Tele classes. One of my new ones would be Jillian Eisenberg she is so down to earth, and funny. I would also love to see David Meenan. I would always like to see Doris as well.

There are several cheffers that I would love to see. You guys are awesome.

I would like to see Warren Buffet try to put on a cooking show.

OK, any of you with kids watch Veggie Tales???? Everytime I hear the name Don Funt, I think of Mr. Lunt. :) LOL!

<H2>1. Who is the most popular consultant in Pampered Chef?</H2><p>The most popular consultant in Pampered Chef is likely subjective and can vary depending on individual opinions. However, some of the top consultants in the company include Doris Christopher, Deb Valder, and Donna Gano.</p><H2>2. If you could attend a show with any consultant, who would it be?</H2><p>If given the opportunity, many people would love to attend a show with CEO and founder Doris Christopher. She is well-respected in the company and has a wealth of knowledge and experience to share.</p><H2>3. Would you let the consultant know you are also a Pampered Chef consultant?</H2><p>Yes, it is always a good idea to let the consultant know that you are also a consultant. It shows that you support and appreciate their work, and it can also open up opportunities for networking and collaboration.</p><H2>4. Would you make a purchase at the show?</H2><p>It is completely up to you whether or not you want to make a purchase at the show. Some people attend shows just for the experience and to learn new tips and tricks, while others may want to support the consultant by making a purchase.</p><H2>5. Is it okay to surprise a friend by attending their show?</H2><p>Surprising your friend by attending their show can be a fun and exciting gesture. However, it is always a good idea to RSVP and let them know that you will be attending, as it may affect seating and food arrangements.</p>

Related to Who Would You Choose to See at a Company Show?

1. Who is the most popular consultant in Pampered Chef?

The most popular consultant in Pampered Chef is likely subjective and can vary depending on individual opinions. However, some of the top consultants in the company include Doris Christopher, Deb Valder, and Donna Gano.

2. If you could attend a show with any consultant, who would it be?

If given the opportunity, many people would love to attend a show with CEO and founder Doris Christopher. She is well-respected in the company and has a wealth of knowledge and experience to share.

3. Would you let the consultant know you are also a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, it is always a good idea to let the consultant know that you are also a consultant. It shows that you support and appreciate their work, and it can also open up opportunities for networking and collaboration.

4. Would you make a purchase at the show?

It is completely up to you whether or not you want to make a purchase at the show. Some people attend shows just for the experience and to learn new tips and tricks, while others may want to support the consultant by making a purchase.

5. Is it okay to surprise a friend by attending their show?

Surprising your friend by attending their show can be a fun and exciting gesture. However, it is always a good idea to RSVP and let them know that you will be attending, as it may affect seating and food arrangements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • makeawhisk
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
angel7581
  • finley1991