• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did the Cooking Show Fundraiser Earn a Standing Ovation?

lol...The kids that were there were SO well behaved and SO respectful! I want to sign my son up for this karate school...lol...
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I did a cooking show fundraiser for a local karate school yeterday (btw...karate is really expensive and karate schools are always trying to raise $$ to be able to get thier kids to competeitions and what-not so go hit up some karate schools!!) and there were about 25-35 people there. What a great audience - attentive, interested, most virgins to PC...and at the end of my demo...

THEY APPLAUDED!!!!
They freakin' applauded!!!!!

Now, I am a very emotional person - I cry at the drop of a hat whether over good things or bad...it's kind of a nuisance and I pretty much keep the waterproof mascara people in business...so as they applauding I am getting choked up...finally I said to them "You guys - in 3 and a half years of doing this, nobody has ever applauded me...ya'll made my day!!!" and then I had to quickly turn around amd make like I was fussing with something so I could dab away the stupid tears...

it was so cool!!!

Congrats! I had a bunch of Wow's at my show yesterday (I have never had that). What recipe did you demo?

How did the fundraiser do?

That is just the BEST!! Never had that happen to me...I would be bawling too!

Here's some more applause! You deserve it for all of your great ideas and support you give to everyone here!!

Lisa2Boys said:
Congrats! I had a bunch of Wow's at my show yesterday (I have never had that). What recipe did you demo?

I did the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle - it was a perfect recipe to do because they had no kitchen - all I had was a dorm-sized fridge and a table.

JaimeQ said:
How did the fundraiser do?

It's just over $1000 right now and she has a stack of orders she needs to give to me over the next few days.

I did that recipe too. I love making that recipe at shows.

KellyTheChef said:
That is just the BEST!! Never had that happen to me...I would be bawling too!

Here's some more applause! You deserve it for all of your great ideas and support you give to everyone here!!

Aw thanks!!

dannyzmom said:
I did the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle - it was a perfect recipe to do because they had no kitchen - all I had was a dorm-sized fridge and a table.
How did you like demoing that one? I made it for a party at my house on Friday and I was tryoing to decide if I'd want to do it at a show. It demo's a LOT of products, but I also thought it would need a lot of prep work in order to do it at a show. What are your thoughts? Would you do it again?

Way to go Carolyn!! I know you must have an awesome show!!

pamperedlinda said:
How did you like demoing that one? I made it for a party at my house on Friday and I was tryoing to decide if I'd want to do it at a show. It demo's a LOT of products, but I also thought it would need a lot of prep work in order to do it at a show. What are your thoughts? Would you do it again?

LOTS of prep but great and easy to demo - lots of tools.
I added in the cheese grater (one of my fave tools) by grating white chocolate chips over the top after the toasted almonds....great demo, lots of tools, can be done w/o a kitchen. Yet I have not sold one stinkin trifle bowl yet -- go figure...

dannyzmom said:
LOTS of prep but great and easy to demo - lots of tools.
I added in the cheese grater (one of my fave tools) by grating white chocolate chips over the top after the toasted almonds....great demo, lots of tools, can be done w/o a kitchen. Yet I have not sold one stinkin trifle bowl yet -- go figure...
Thanks for the tips, I may have to do this one at an upcoming show. I've only sold one, but I have had 4 shows booked for April so they could get one!

Wow, applause, that is great. Do you think it has to do with them getting good training - they are supposed to be taught to be more respectful and to appreciate others efforts.

Way to go, Carolyn!

tlennhoff said:
Wow, applause, that is great. Do you think it has to do with them getting good training - they are supposed to be taught to be more respectful and to appreciate others efforts.

YES YES YES...the kids that were there were SO well behaved and SO respectful! I want to sign my son up for this karate school NOW!!

Were there any shouts of "Encore, Encore"? I've always wanted to hear that!

how cool is that!!! Good Job!!
what a feeling I bet you are still flying high!!! (I would be!!)

Heather

Ever been to a ballet where they shout "Bravo!", "Brava!" That would be cool!

That is a double awesome for you! I have never had that happen to me ethier.

congrats!!!!

And Wednesday, i am going to the local karate places!!!!

That's SOOOO cool! Congratulations! I'm sure EVERYONE applauds for you at every show...maybe just in their heads!:D

Wow, awesome for you!:)

Did you get any bookings?

That is awesome Carolyn:D I would love to watch one of your shows.
I haven't had anyone applaud after my demo; but right after my 5yr anniversary, I told the guests that, and they applauded my anniversary.
Cheers to you:)

letscook04 said:
Wow, awesome for you!:)

Did you get any bookings?

I got one definite booking for another fundraiser in 3 weeks.
I got two recruit leads - one filled out her Kit Agreement Form with me yesterday but asked me not to submit it til April 11th due to budgeting issues...the other recruit lead scheduled to talk with me on April 3rd since she is going out of town this week. One other booking lead asked me to call her this afternoon so she can check her calender.

Awesome!!!! Congrats!

I've only done the trifle once for a show, but I LOVED demoing it! The guests were so impressed. I didn't think it took too much prep time & I loved the amount of products it showed. I could only find a quart of sherbet, so I put half of it that I needed into the mini Chillzanne bowl. Got to talk about that too--& soon I can plug in that a couple of Chillzanne products are the June special.

1. What is "I Forgot to Tell You Guys!!!"?

"I Forgot to Tell You Guys!!!" is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef filled with delicious and easy-to-make recipes.

2. What types of recipes can I find in "I Forgot to Tell You Guys!!!"?

The cookbook features a variety of recipes including appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, desserts, and more. There are also options for vegetarian, gluten-free, and other dietary restrictions.

3. Are the recipes in "I Forgot to Tell You Guys!!!" beginner-friendly?

Yes, the recipes in the cookbook are designed to be easy to follow for all levels of cooking experience. Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions and helpful tips.

4. Can I purchase "I Forgot to Tell You Guys!!!" online?

Yes, you can purchase the cookbook on the Pampered Chef website or through a consultant.

5. Are there any special promotions or discounts for "I Forgot to Tell You Guys!!!"?

Pampered Chef frequently offers special promotions and discounts for their cookbooks, including "I Forgot to Tell You Guys!!!". Check the website or with a consultant for current deals.

Back