• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Safely Transfer Taffy Apple Tartlets from Pan to Rack?

In summary, to remove the taffy apple tartlets from the MMP to the cooling rack without burning your fingers or crushing the tartlets to scratching the non-stick:-try the small slotted turner-use the Utility Knife (gently separating from the sides of the pan), the Micro Scraper, or your fingers
dianag
How do you remove the taffy apple tartlets from the MMP to the cooling rack without burning your fingers or crushing the tartlets to scratching the non-stick? Am making these at a show tomorrow and this was the only part of the recipe I felt weird about while practicing. I tried the small slotted turner, but i couldn't get it under the tarts w/o breaking the edge of the tart or still burning my other hand. Any other tips are welcomed!

I used the Utility Knife (gently separating from the sides of the pan), but you can also try the Micro Scraper.

pampchefsarah said:
I used the Utility Knife (gently separating from the sides of the pan), but you can also try the Micro Scraper.

thanks. but you would still have to use your fingers to lift up the other side, right?

dianag said:
How do you remove the taffy apple tartlets from the MMP to the cooling rack without burning your fingers or crushing the tartlets to scratching the non-stick? Am making these at a show tomorrow and this was the only part of the recipe I felt weird about while practicing. I tried the small slotted turner, but i couldn't get it under the tarts w/o breaking the edge of the tart or still burning my other hand. Any other tips are welcomed!

Oh, too funny! I know exactly what you mean!

I just made these for us at home tonight - and I burned my finger taking one out of the pan!! There is actually a little blister on my thumb - that is how hot these things get! (it is not odd for me to burn myself in the kitchen. In fact, I even burned the corner of my SB tonight too! Good thing I have more!) I used a very thin (non-pc) type spatula to get them out. One tipped over and spilled out all over the cooling rack and was a mess!

Next time I make them, I am going to wait a few minutes before taking them out of the pan (even though the recipes implies to take them out right away, I think). I have used the beaded spreader to get the mini-ham puffs out of the MMP - but I was very careful not to hit the pan hard with the spreader. Not sure if that would help get the tarts out of the pan.

Good Luck!

I haven't tried these but could you use the citrus peeler? It's what I use for the pecan tassies...

I let them sit in the pan for a minute or two to cool just slightly, then used the bamboo tongs. It was awkward for the first couple, but once I got the hang of it it worked pretty well. I'm demo'ing these on Saturday evening, so I made a practice batch here at home tonight to test out on DH and my neighbors. Just an extra tip...I made half with the chopped peanuts on top and half with the Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle (that was suggested by someone on another thread) and the cinnamon ones were SO good!!! Peanut ones were good, too, but I definitely liked the cinnamon better.

I use the citrus peeler

I let them cool to set, then just twisted them instead of pulling them up right away.

I have always used the citrus peeler to remove everything from the Mini Muffin Pan. It's curved and heat proof. Let them cool for a cuple of minutes.

Hmm maybe an idea on a new product? We have the mini shaper maybe PC can come up with something for this. I had the same problem.

I always use the Quik-cut Paring Knife...the citrus peeler doesn't always work for me, but the QK knife never fails me. Do let them cool a couple of minutes, though.

I scratched my mini muffin pan with a knife be careful... the pointy part of the citrus peeler lifts it just enough for me to grab it.

kcjodih said:
I haven't tried these but could you use the citrus peeler? It's what I use for the pecan tassies...

Ha ha...that is EXACTLY what I was going to say!!! LOL

I also use one of the small scrapers too. This helps to at least push them up and out of the MMP.

I use either the citrus peeler or the white thingie..that came with the spring form pan :D

Citrus Peeler

THanks all!!! I will try the citrus peeler! Now i just need to see what i can do about making it through the show tonight with my new scratchy voice and sore throat!!!

Related to How to Safely Transfer Taffy Apple Tartlets from Pan to Rack?

1. How do I prevent the apples from turning brown in the taffy apple tartlets?

To prevent the apples from turning brown, you can soak them in a mixture of lemon juice and water for a few minutes before adding them to the tartlets. This will help preserve their color.

2. Can I use store-bought caramel instead of making my own for the taffy apple tartlets?

Yes, you can use store-bought caramel for the tartlets. Just make sure to warm it up slightly before using it to make it easier to drizzle over the apples.

3. How can I make sure the taffy apple tartlets don't stick to the pan?

To prevent the tartlets from sticking to the pan, make sure to grease the pan with butter or cooking spray before adding the dough. You can also use parchment paper or silicone baking mats for easier removal.

4. Can I use a different type of fruit instead of apples in the taffy apple tartlets?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit you like in the tartlets. Some popular options include pears, peaches, and berries. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and sugar amount accordingly.

5. How long can I store the taffy apple tartlets before serving?

The taffy apple tartlets can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 days. If you want to keep them longer, store them in the refrigerator for up to a week. Just make sure to let them come to room temperature before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
simonsays
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
smilesarepriceless
Back