• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Respond to Random Emial....

In summary, an email telling him about my interest in doing a show for him, and asking if he found my information through any PC advertising.
PCwithStay-C
I came home from work tonite to the following email.

Stacey -

I saw your name on the internet connected with Pampered Chef in Stamford. I was interested in having a show in my home. Can you let me know if that is something that you do? If not, do you know anyone who is still associated with them?

Thanks,

I was just wondering what I should send back to this person? Im a little baffled as to how he even found my name!!!

Any suggestions on wording of an email and anything to attach (Specials, Host Benefits etc)

I would just send him an e-mail telling him you'd be happy to do a show for him unless he lives too far away. Then say you'd be happy to recommend a consultant (once you find one).
Tell him what your can do, and let him in on some host coaching right away so he knows what you expect as far as inviting 40 people, calling everyone, etc.
I would definitely ask him where your name and association with PC showed up. You don't want to get in trouble with HO if your info is online somewhere.

You never know how someone can find out whether through a search or a post you've made somewhere online. Some searches will come up with things you wouldn't expect. Just be careful if it's a guy. Meet him in public somewhere if you have to deliver a host packet. If you have to go to his place, have hubby or a male friend come along and wait outside just in case.

I'd just write him back telling the same things you'd say if it were a phone conversation. But...I would ask him how he found my name and email address. You can always say you're keeping track of what advertising methods work best. ;) Use your instinct about it. If it seems fishy, it probably is. Good luck. I hope it turns out to be a $1000+ show for you. :)

Thanks JAE and Marisa.
You both hit on my 2 biggest concerns. The idea that somehow Im advertising myself without realising it. I try not to, and I hope Ive been real careful not to mention PC!
And it is a guy and that worrys me. I think I will be recruiting DH to be my chauffer for any meetings.Hopefully Im just being paranoid and this could turn into a really awesome lead for me :D Thanks again for your input!

Also if you do a show you need to send the invites for him. THis way you know he was really doing a show.
And definitely take dh to this show.

Have you done a search to see if you can find your info? Do you have it on your vehicle? Maybe he got it from there. I don't want to scare you but how things are today you gotta be extra careful. You don't want to end up at some looney's house.

Edit: I just did a google search for my name. Guess what? A thread I started on this site showed up. If you click it, you can view the entire post.

She has it listed on her posts here. It's possible google led him to these forums if he was looking for PC.

well, now, all of this is rather scary! I would take all precautions listed above and then some! It could turn out he saw your name on a catalog in someone's bathroom....or it could be something yu want to stay far away from. Use your best jusgement to get to the bottom of all of it and involve your DH!

Please keep us posted on how things are going.

stacywhitlow said:
Edit: I just did a google search for my name. Guess what? A thread I started on this site showed up. If you click it, you can view the entire post.

Anyone who puts their entire name on their threads will have any posts show up when they do a google on their name. Just an FYI for anyone who didn't know that!

anyone's will regardless of name...look up Pampered Chef...I found Stacey (PCwithStay-C) on there.

I hadnt thought of sending invites, that is a great idea.

I googled my name, PC and Stamford, ct (and a few different combos of the 3) last nite and DH did it this morning and we cant find anything with my name, at least not in the first 12 pages of the google search! There are alot of other consultants in the area that come up, but not me. But he did say he found my name on the internet, not a catalogue, so I dont know :confused:

I sent him an email back last nite with some info on hosting, host and guest specials and told him to contact me to set up a show. So I will let you all know what happens.

Thanks again for everyones input and suggestions :)

What did you search for Stacy? just Pampered Chef in google, or something else? I figured if I just searched PC I would get a thousand hits, too many too search through/

What if he's a serial killer or something? (kidding) I'm ok with doing parties for someone I've met at a previous party, but with everything going on these days, I'd probably refer him to someone else. That's just me, because I'm paranoid about stuff like that. And with all this stuff about Paige. Of course, it wouldn't be an issue if you're a black belt in tae kwon do. I guess I watch the news too much.

OK so I finally got some searches to bring up some CS pages. But I thought you had to be a member to be able to read the signatures? So even if he found those posts I didnt think he could see my info!! I could just refer him to another consultant, but wouldnt that be doing the same thing that Im doing now. Put another consultant to worry about who this guy is??

It's a tough decision because even when you start a PC conversation in the supermarket, etc, you don't really know the people that you are willing to do shows for. I agree with the above suggestions about meeting in a public place, bringing DH. Just be safe and aware of your surroundings. I would definitely ask what internet place he found your info.

You do not have to be a member of chef success to read any posts. The posts do list the persons info. You do have to be a member if you want to download something. So anyone can find info based on the posts.
Also aren't we in this business to get our name out there. Why is it so scary that someone found it on the internet. I understand being aware of your surroundings, as Lynda said how is this different than the supermarket person. We meet people through all different ways and should be careful always. Would you feel this way if it were female? Give them a call and ask how/where they got your info and see what their intentions are. Not to scare you but if they wanted to find you they could go to the white pages and search your city and name. It comes up based on the info they already know.
Be careful, but who knows it could be a $1000 show.

climbercanoe3 said:
You do not have to be a member of chef success to read any posts. The posts do list the persons info. You do have to be a member if you want to download something. So anyone can find info based on the posts.
Also aren't we in this business to get our name out there. Why is it so scary that someone found it on the internet. I understand being aware of your surroundings, as Lynda said how is this different than the supermarket person. We meet people through all different ways and should be careful always. Would you feel this way if it were female? Give them a call and ask how/where they got your info and see what their intentions are. Not to scare you but if they wanted to find you they could go to the white pages and search your city and name. It comes up based on the info they already know.

I think the issue is that we were not aware that we were on the internet. It doesn't have anything to do with PC. It is just scary that anyone can find things so easily.

stacywhitlow said:
anyone's will regardless of name...look up Pampered Chef...I found Stacey (PCwithStay-C) on there.

I just meant that if you had your name on there it would come up. I said full name, but meant that any name would. If you don't have a signature, your name won't come up. I googled my name & nothing has ever come up.

climbercanoe3 said:
Also, would you feel the same if he were a HO lead? Just ask specifically where he got your info from because PC has strict rules about internet advertising and you want to make sure you aren't in violation.

Related to How to Respond to Random Emial....

1. How do I respond to a random email professionally?

When responding to a random email, it's important to maintain a professional tone and format. Start by addressing the sender with a proper greeting, such as "Dear [Sender's Name]," or "Hello [Sender's Name]." Then, clearly state the purpose of your response and provide any necessary information or clarification. Close with a polite sign-off, such as "Best regards" or "Thank you." Make sure to proofread your email before sending to ensure it is error-free and conveys your intended message.

2. What should I do if I receive a random email that seems suspicious?

If you receive a random email that seems suspicious, it's important to exercise caution. Do not click on any links or open any attachments in the email. Instead, delete the email and report it as spam. If the email is from a known sender but the content seems suspicious, reach out to the sender directly through a different method (such as a phone call) to verify the legitimacy of the email.

3. Is it necessary to respond to every random email I receive?

No, it is not necessary to respond to every random email you receive. If the email is irrelevant to you or does not require a response, it is acceptable to simply delete it. However, if you receive an email that requires a response or is from someone you know, it is polite to respond in a timely manner.

4. How can I politely decline a request or offer in a random email?

If you need to decline a request or offer in a random email, it's important to do so politely and respectfully. Start by thanking the sender for their email and the offered opportunity. Then, clearly and concisely explain why you are unable to accept or participate. Offer an alternative if possible, and close with a polite sign-off. Remember to keep your tone professional and avoid any negative language.

5. Should I include my contact information when responding to a random email?

It is not necessary to include your contact information when responding to a random email, unless you are specifically asked to do so. However, if you are interested in maintaining a connection with the sender, you can choose to include your contact information in your response. Just make sure to use discretion and only share what you are comfortable with.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • bsaxman