• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long Can You Use the Sauces?

I also love the Dill mix for dips. I love dill with my salmon. Cuban Rub: I bought this for one recipe. Haven't even tried it yet. It's cheap enough though that if I use it once, I won't feel bad about it. As far as the prize packs go, I'd go with the seasonings that seem the most popular. I'm in Ohio and we sell a lot of the Smoky BBQ and the Lemon Pepper.
Jennie50
I'm a new consultant and am about to place a large supply order to get a variety of the sauces and seasonings in to demo at shows. Once opened, do the sauces need to be stored in the refrigerator, and how long will they last once the seals have been broken? What do you use each for, and how many meals/shows can you eek out of each bottle? I'm ordering one each of the...

Sauces:
Maple Honey Mustard
Ginger Wasabi
Teriyaki with Honey
Apricot Honey
Blackberry Balsalmic
Raspberry Habanero

Seasonings:
Smoky Applewood
Cinnamon Plus
Sweet Apple
Moroccan
Lemon & Rosemary
Lemon Pepper
Citrus and Basil
Parmesan-Garlic
Rosemary Herb
Southwestern
Italian
Asian

Others I should add? Ones that aren't worth ordering? Recipe suggestions?

Also, I'm considering ordering one of the bulk packs of seasoning that I could divide into samples to give away as prizes. Of the six that are offered, which would you recommend for this purpose?
Southwestern
Lemon Pepper
Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic
Smoky BBQ
Jamaican Jerk
Chipotle

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
I wrote my responses in blue:

Jennie50 said:
I'm a new consultant and am about to place a large supply order to get a variety of the sauces and seasonings in to demo at shows. Once opened, do the sauces need to be stored in the refrigerator, and how long will they last once the seals have been broken? What do you use each for, and how many meals/shows can you eek out of each bottle? I'm ordering one each of the...

Sauces: (the jar will say to refrigerate after opening and to use within 30 days. Personally, I think they are fine beyond that date, but for a show, I wouldn't just in case.)

Maple Honey Mustard---most people don't like this one :yuck: All the others listed below are really good. Not sure about how far the bottles will take you, because it depends on how much you are using each time. You can pour a little into the petite squares or the mini bamboo bowls for people to dip a piece of chicken or a pretzel in to sample the flavor. If you do that, then the bottle would last you for several shows.

Ginger Wasabi
Teriyaki with Honey
Apricot Honey
Blackberry Balsalmic
Raspberry Habanero

Seasonings: these all last a really long time. Great flavors, no problems. :) Most of our recipes will call for a tbsp or two. The flavors are strong, so you don't have to be heavy-handed when using them.
Smoky Applewood
Cinnamon Plus--I don't use this for shows too often, but it's good and people like to buy it for their baking.
Sweet Apple-sprinkle? This is good, and I also like the caramel ones. I do a sweet version of the biscuit bites (more like Monkey Bread) and will use the caramel sprinkles in them and sometimes I add fresh chopped apple and the sweet apple sprinkle, too.)
Moroccan
Lemon & Rosemary
Lemon Pepper
Citrus and Basil-great on the 30 min. Chicken in the DCB in the microwave
Parmesan-Garlic--great for doing oil dipping w/ fresh bread for shows, or sprinkle on buttered bread to do a really nice garlic toast.
Rosemary Herb
Southwestern
Italian--this is so much better than the McCormick seasoning! I use this a lot in my house!!
Asian

Others I should add? Ones that aren't worth ordering? Recipe suggestions?
I'd also recommend the Chipotle Rub and the Chili Lime Rub. Great for the fajitas in the DCB and lots of other recipes. You can do a recipe search on CC and type in the name of the rub and some recipes will pop up, too. The Chili Lime Rub I use in the Mango Confetti Salsa and also on grilled chicken, serve w/ black beans & rice...easy meal! :)

Also, I'm considering ordering one of the bulk packs of seasoning that I could divide into samples to give away as prizes. Of the six that are offered, which would you recommend for this purpose?

Southwestern
Lemon Pepper
Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic
Smoky BBQ--I buy this in bulk because I like the homemade BBQ you can do with it, plus several of our recipes call for it. You go through the little bottle fast!
Jamaican Jerk
Chipotle

Thanks so much!

Of course, these are all my opinions...others might differ. ;)

I pretty much agree with Amanda. I have kept sauces more than 30 days with no issue. Around here the Teiyaki w/honey hardly lasts a week (Raspberry Habanero, a little longer). It depends on your taste. If only for parties the sauces will last the whole month or more.Seasonings and rubs: keep them in a dry place. We just moved my son out of his apartment and it was quite humid over the summer. All his spices were a big chunk. That happens even at my house with the Asian seasoning. You can put a bread knife in and break the seasoning up and it's fine though. Parmesan Garlic: I use it all the time to make dips and as a rub/seasoning on meats. BBQ rub: buy the bottle and if you love it like most of us do then get the bulk bag but keep that bottle to refill - easier to use and store than in the bulk bag.I used the chili lime to spice up my chili - yum!I'd recommend you also get the spice turnabout too.

Thanks for your fabulous answers, Amanda! I really appreciate you giving me all that info.

I was really excited to try the Sweet Caramel Sprinkles and Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles, but I am allergic to tree nuts, and saw that the catalog says that both contain them. Do you happen to know if the bottle says "May contain traces of tree nuts" or "Manufactured in a factory where tree nuts are processed," or did they actually grind up tree nuts and put 'em in there? I would be willing to chance the "traces of" thing, but I know I couldn't handle actual bits of it throughout.

Thanks so much for your advice too, Beth. It's a great idea to refill the bottles with the bulk seasonings. I think you're right about the Spice Turnabout too...I was debating, 'cuz I don't want to give up the counter space, but it'll be easier to grab (and display) my stash for parties.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree w/ Beth...get the bottle of the Smoky BBQ first so you can have it to refill. I love the turn about, too! It's really, really nice! Mine fits in a cabinet, I just had to adjust the shelf a little bit. It's a snug fit, but just perfect. I have to slide the turn about out a little bit so I can get the sprinkle bottles on the top out, but it's not bad or hard to do. I'm not sure on the tree nuts thing. The bottle of the Sweet Apple Sprinkle says that it's produced in a facility that also processes tree nuts, milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, soy and wheat. But here is the actual ingredient list:Sugar, vanilla crunch (bleached wheat flour, sugar, palm oil, salt, soy lecithin, natural & artificial flavors, baking soda), creamer (Sunflower oil, corn syrup solids, sodium caseinate (milk), mono- & diglycerides, dipotassium phosphate), palm oil, dehydrated apple (contains sulfites), less than 2% of cinnamon, natural flavors, malic acid, carnauba wax, tricalcium phosphate.

I checked the Caramel and Cinnamon Sprinkles. The Caramel Sprinkles list almonds in the ingredients list. Both say they contain tree nuts and then in the next sentence say they are processed in a plant that processes tree nuts. I can't find any tree nuts listed in the Cinnamon Sprinkles ingredients though so I don't know how it contains them.

Hope that helps.

Shari in TX

babywings76 said:
Maple Honey Mustard---most people don't like this one All the others listed below are really good. Not sure about how far the bottles will take you, because it depends on how much you are using each time. You can pour a little into the petite squares or the mini bamboo bowls for people to dip a piece of chicken or a pretzel in to sample the flavor. If you do that, then the bottle would last you for several shows.

I will politely disagree with you. I have THREE bottles of it in my cupboard. It is a favorite in my house. It's heaven on chicken. We use it as a marinade for chicken. I stockpile my sauces because I buy meat in bulk a few times a year and need to have plenty on hand or I'll use other flavors.

I marinade the lazy way. My in-laws blessed us with a FoodSaver machine after we got married. We buy meats in bulk, divide them into smaller sizes, put them into the FoodSaver bags, add the sauce (we eyeball, enough to cover/coat the meat nicely), seal it and freeze. It marinates while it is freezing and thawing. When it comes to cooking (usually grilling) all we have to do is decide which flavor we want, thaw it, and go.

ohmygosh! What a great idea!! Love it!

Sandi

lt1jane said:
I will politely disagree with you. I have THREE bottles of it in my cupboard. It is a favorite in my house. It's heaven on chicken. We use it as a marinade for chicken.

Just goes to show that there are PC products for everyone. My mom can't stand the Measure-All Cup, but I use it nearly every day. I am not a fan of the white Bamboo towels b/c I have three kids and they wouldn't be white for long, but she adores them. She doesn't like the microfiber towels and I can't live without them. The list goes on.

So, if there's a PC product I don't use or like, I try to find people who do use or love it and use their testamonials when people ask me about those products. The Chipotle Rub is too hot for my taste, but I have a customer who stocks up on it every time she orders. When people at my show ask me about the rubs, I tell them about the ones I like, but I also tell them how much people who like things a little spicier like the Chipotle. So, thank you, Jane. I will now tell people that "a fellow consultant loves it and says it's 'heaven on chicken'." :)

Shari in TX

I was thinking of trying the Maple Honey Mustard sauce on pork tenderloin. My current favorite way to prepare pork is in a honey/spicy brown mustard/soy sauce marinade that I make...I was hoping this would provide similar flavors without three different bottles. Anxious to try it on chicken now too!

How long are the sauces good for unused??

I know I saw on here something about how are seasonings are made compared to other companies; it was written in such a way that our shone in a positive light. Anyone know off the top of their head what I'm referring to?

1. How long can I use the sauces after opening?

Our sauces have a shelf life of 6-8 months after opening. However, we recommend using them within 3-4 months for the best flavor and quality.

2. Do I need to refrigerate the sauces after opening?

Yes, it is recommended to refrigerate the sauces after opening to maintain freshness and prevent spoilage. Be sure to tightly seal the lid after each use.

3. Can I freeze the sauces for longer storage?

Yes, you can freeze the sauces for up to 1 year. Just make sure to transfer them to an airtight container or freezer-safe bag before placing in the freezer.

4. How can I tell if the sauce has gone bad?

If the sauce has an unusual color, texture, or odor, it may have gone bad. Additionally, if the lid is bulging or there are signs of mold, do not consume the sauce.

5. Can I use the sauces past the expiration date?

It is not recommended to use the sauces past the expiration date. The quality and flavor may deteriorate, and consuming expired products can pose health risks. It's best to discard the sauce and purchase a new one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • spoiledchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
JenBlake
  • scottcooks