• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Change My Director and How Do I Do It?

Susie called my director, and my director called me.The girl had joined and had been to a meeting or two, but I wasn't anywhere to be found (I work full-time, have a family and a TPC business). My director's argument was that she deserved the recruit because the mom had hosted a show with her in the past...I argued that I had spent over 6 hours with the girl and her husband...and that's what we get credit for...not shows.So...my director won out, I lost the recruit, and I was mad. Since then I have recruited 2 other people.In summary, it is not possible to change your director. To do so, you would have to
kspry
How do I change my director?

As I posted in this other topic,

Stacey Tate, I hear ya. I signed up on the internet and got assigned a random director.

Inexperienced doesn't even begin to cover it. Any productive meetings have been at another, more experienced director's house.

Unavailable by phone most of the time, communicating by emails full of swirling emoticons, she clapped her hands at a meeting 2 months ago and gave me a toddler sticker for getting two new recruits.

So sorry to hear that you're not happy with your director (haven't read the other thread yet).

The only way that you can change directors is to go inactive for 12 months. You don't want to do that! You are building a business and a team.

Look up. Get info from that other director and your upline. Try to attend the other director's meetings. Do what you need for your business and don't spend energy on negative.

You can't change your director, but you could go to the up-line. Try HO and see if they can give you his/her info if not look on your commission and see who it is and try to locate the PWS. I did that, and I linked up with my Exec...my original director fizzled so the problem worked itself out in a few months. Good Luck!

Great advice Missy! That's exactly what I did!

You can't change your director, but you could go to the up-line.

missyciccolella, thank you so much for posting this info. I don't understand this part

Try HO and see if they can give you his/her info if not look on your commission and see who it is and try to locate the PWS.

Did this only work because your original director fizzled? Because my current director won't fizzle. If her recruits don't qualify, she puts her own shows in under their names so they will qualify, and she can stay a director.

kspry... I think what Missy is trying to say is that if you are not clicking with your director that you can contact one of your upline directors (names are listed on your check) and work with them. You will still be under your director and she will still receive overrides from you but you aren't obligated to get your training from her.

If you aren't comfortable with your director and her style of training/recognition, definitely search for someone that you can learn from and respect.

OK, GeorgiaPeach, but this randam gal TPC assigned me from the internet still gets overrides from my sales?
Instead of the person who actually helps me promote my business?
I feel I have more obligation to you ChefSuccess posters than my director, truth be told.

There are a few dynamic directors I've met that I'd like to work with, instead of my assigned director.

Another example: I have a November host. I got the outside order MSWord document here weeks ago from the files section. Sent it to my host; she loved it.

My director forwarded a cobbled version of it out, late as usual, last week, with no mention or gratitude to this website or the people who post such useful things here; I recognized them immediately when I looked at the "Files" section of chefsuccess.

I guess it's a philosophical decision, whether I want to fund this person's directorship, when she gives so little effort to it, or quit for a year and take it up TPC later with someone that I "click" with.

This seems to be a business where the "click" is very important.

kspry said:
OK, GeorgiaPeach, but this randam gal TPC assigned me from the internet still gets overrides from my sales?
I feel I have more obligation to you ChefSuccess posters than my director, truth be told.

There are a few dynamic directors I've met that I'd like to work with, instead of my assigned director.

I guess it's a philosophical decision, whether I want to fund this person's directorship, when she gives so little effort to it, or quit for a year and take it up TPC later with someone that I "click" with.

I realize this doesn't seem fair but the rule is there to protect the director. (Don't every one yell at me...you'll be glad when you are a director!)

Let me share this story...I signed a girl that was referred to me by a friend. We met for lunch, I shared the opportunity, a month later she decides to join. A month later I get a call from my director, she received a call from ANOTHER director...I'll call her Susie (lost yet?). Seems the girl's mom had hosted a show with Susie in the past. Mom called Susie and told her that I had pressured daughter to sign and she thought daughter should have signed with Susie.

Susie had never spoken to my recruit about the opportunity (yes, I asked!) but Mom thought Susie should be her director (since mom knew Susie but not me). I didn't pressure the girl...for heaven's sake it took her a month to sign!

If this rule weren't in place, that recruit that I recruited honestly could have just switched to someone else.

We all find ourselves in situations where we just don't click with someone for one reason or another. I agree and admit that there are some people that are directors that shouldn't be. But I also know that in the 9 years that I've been a consultant I have recruited about 35 people. I have treated them all the same and offered them the same training opportunities. If you were to go back and ask each one how I was as a director, I know that you would get mixed responses. Everyone comes in to this business with different expectations and different levels of need. Directors can't be mind readers. I encourage everyone to be open and honest with your director if she/he isn't meeting your needs.

If that doesn't help, decide what you need and get it from someone else. To quit PC for a year to sign under someone else is such a drastic move, I would really encourage you to give something else a try first.

Move outside your cluster if you have to. When I was in Kentucky I met two girls from another cluster at the airport. We really clicked and for a while would meet and email each other to encourage and support our businesses. Do what you have to do to be successful for yourself. Don't get caught up in the fact that someone you don't like is making overrides off of you. She's getting 3%, you're getting 20-25% :D

kspry said:
How do I change my director?

As I posted in this other topic,

Stacey Tate, I hear ya. I signed up on the internet and got assigned a random director.

Inexperienced doesn't even begin to cover it. Any productive meetings have been at another, more experienced director's house.

Unavailable by phone most of the time, communicating by emails full of swirling emoticons, she clapped her hands at a meeting 2 months ago and gave me a toddler sticker for getting two new recruits.

I'm in the same predicament except my director is the opposite--overbearing!. There is NO way, i'm quitting for a year and then resigning. My director lives 2 hours away so I only talk via phone and e-mail. I'm just setting boundaries.

Hey kspry, I see you're in KS....from a fellow kansan, just had to say good luck! That's gotta be hard; I'm lucky & have a wonderful director so I don't have any advise. I know that I would hate to quit for a year though! I would also try farther up your upline.

kspry said:

Another example: I have a November host. I got the outside order MSWord document here weeks ago from the files section. Sent it to my host; she loved it.

My director forwarded a cobbled version of it out, late as usual, last week, with no mention or gratitude to this website or the people who post such useful things here; I recognized them immediately when I looked at the "Files" section of chefsuccess.

Lisa's response (about why you can't change directors) is right on the money. It would be chaos at HO if that was allowed. But remember that 3% really isn't much and the "bad" drectors rarely make it for very long anyway. Find someone - in your upline or another director in your town - to attend meetings with or at least to mentor you. Keep your energies on YOUR business and don't waste it on her. ...and know we are here to help you too. :love:

As far as the doc from CS and her not giving credit. It is possible that she got that doc from someone who passed it down to her or from another site. The best docs show up on my computer from lots of different loops or passed on from other consultants. It's not easy to tell who created the original. I always say that I didn't create it - I just tweaked it and that I appreciate all the sharing that is done within our PC family.

1. How do I change my director?

To change your director, you will need to contact the Pampered Chef Home Office at 1-888-OUR-CHEF and request a change of director form. Once you receive the form, fill it out and submit it to the Home Office for processing.

2. Can I choose my new director?

Unfortunately, you cannot choose your new director. The Home Office will assign you a new director based on availability and location.

3. Is there a fee for changing my director?

No, there is no fee for changing your director. However, if you are changing directors multiple times within a short period, the Home Office may require a valid reason for the change.

4. How long does it take to change my director?

The process of changing your director can take up to 4-6 weeks. This includes the time it takes for the Home Office to receive and process your request, as well as assigning you a new director.

5. Will my team and commission stay the same after changing directors?

Yes, your team and commission will remain the same after changing directors. The only change will be in your direct line of communication and support from your new director.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 28sal
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
envitegencese
  • KimoMakano