• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can we support loved ones during difficult end-of-life decisions?

In summary, a couple of months ago, the poster shared that their partner's uncle was not doing well and had unintentionally removed his feeding tube. His son opted not to have the tube replaced, resulting in a waiting game. Sadly, the uncle passed away yesterday afternoon and the family is mourning their loss. The poster offers their condolences and shares that they believe the uncle's will played a part in removing the feeding tube. They also send thoughts and prayers to the family during this difficult time.
jasonmva
Silver Member
In a previous post a couple of months ago I told you guys how my partner's uncle was not doing well and wasn't necessarily in a comma but a deep sleep as the doctor's say. About a week ago during a restless reaction, he unintentionally removed his feeding tube. With his son knowing that he did want to stay in this condition, the son opted not to have the tube replaced so we knew it was now a waiting game. Well....tha wait is over as he passed yesterday afternoon. We know he is in a better place now but I feel for his son because this was his last surviving parent.

My prayers are with you and your partner during this time. Our condolences.

My thoughts are with you all. Its hard to say goodbye, but sometimes for the best.

I am really sorry to hear your news. I hope the best for the families involved. Take care and know that you will be in my prayers.

I'll light a candle right now. I'm so sorry.

jasonmva said:
In a previous post a couple of months ago I told you guys how my partner's uncle was not doing well and wasn't necessarily in a comma but a deep sleep as the doctor's say. About a week ago during a restless reaction, he unintentionally removed his feeding tube. With his son knowing that he did want to stay in this condition, the son opted not to have the tube replaced so we knew it was now a waiting game. Well....tha wait is over as he passed yesterday afternoon. We know he is in a better place now but I feel for his son because this was his last surviving parent.

Please accept my condolences for your loss...

When I hear stories like this one, I wonder how many of these "unintentional" actions aren't really all that unintentional... especially when they are "for the best" or what the person really wanted anyway.

ETA... I'm not implying that anyone removed the feeding tube, just thinking outloud about God's divine intervention in situations.

Jason our thoughts are with you, your partner and the family.

My prayers are with you and him.

My prayers are with you, your partner and your extended families.

Prayers being lifted for this dear family!

Jason,

I am sorry for your loss.... sending prayers and lighting a candle for you and your family!!!

I'm sorry, Jason. You, your partner, and the family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jason,

Prayers coming your way. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. That must have been a difficult decision to make. Wishes of love and peace for you and your partner.

I am so sorry.

I lost my father in January under the same conditions so my heart goes out to your partners cousin. I don't have the words to comfort because I'm still trying to find a way to deal with it all. I can say this -- while the hurt never goes away, you find a way to manage and work through it.

Lots of love and prayers going your way. Be there for his cousin, even if jsut to remind him of the good things in life. Keep him involved and active, invite him places, dinner, even just to watch movies or play a board game. He is truly going to need that support and family interaction right now.

Jason: Sometimes our wills are strong, despite what medications we might be on. I think it was his uncle's will that pulled out that feeding tube. I am sorry for the loss, but know that he is still around your family (sorry if I offend anyone, but I believe our loved ones who pass keep an eye on us). I am sending good thoughts your way.

Related to How can we support loved ones during difficult end-of-life decisions?

What is "Say a Prayer...light a Candle"?

"Say a Prayer...light a Candle" is a unique product offered by Pampered Chef that combines the traditional practice of lighting a candle while saying a prayer with a modern twist of using a candle warmer to safely melt scented wax cubes.

How does it work?

The "Say a Prayer...light a Candle" set includes a candle warmer and a jar of scented wax cubes. Simply place one or two wax cubes on the warmer and turn it on. The heat from the warmer will melt the wax, releasing a lovely scent while also providing a warm glow. As the wax melts, you can say a prayer or set an intention, creating a peaceful and soothing experience.

What scents are available?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of scented wax cubes for the "Say a Prayer...light a Candle" set. Some popular scents include Lavender Vanilla, Cinnamon Vanilla, and Fresh Linen. We also offer seasonal scents throughout the year, so be sure to check our website for the latest offerings.

Is it safe to leave the candle warmer on for extended periods of time?

Yes, our candle warmers are designed to be left on for extended periods of time. However, it is always recommended to follow the instructions and safety precautions provided with the product. Make sure to keep the warmer away from any flammable materials and never leave it unattended.

Can I use my own wax cubes with the candle warmer?

While we recommend using the wax cubes specifically designed for our "Say a Prayer...light a Candle" set, you can use your own wax cubes as long as they are compatible with candle warmers. Be sure to check the size and melting point of the wax cubes before using them with our warmer to ensure safety and effectiveness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
twinchefs
Replies
Views
OhmyDLM
Replies
Views
sfdavis918
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips