• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I overcome nerves during my direct sales shows?

In summary, to calm your nerves during direct sales shows, practice your presentation beforehand and remind yourself of your knowledge and passion for the products. If you are still nervous after multiple shows, focus on building relationships instead of just selling. During slow sales periods, stay positive and use the time to network, improve your skills, and promote your business. It is possible to do direct sales full time with dedication and a solid plan. To balance your direct sales business with other responsibilities, prioritize and manage your time effectively, delegate tasks, and prioritize self-care.
1upland
:) Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and I think it's great. I'm so happy I found it, I'm getting so many great ideas. I have been a consultant for 4 months. I've had 4 shows, and still nervous when I do them, any advice on how to stop being so nervous at shows. It's been slow start, but I really love it. I wish I could do it full time, and give my business my all, but right now that's not possible. Anyway, everyone have a blessed day looking forward to communicating with you daily...God Bless

I LOVE this site, too!
I don't know what to tell you...I STILL get nervous! LOL. I go to the Hosts Show extra early to try to settle my nerves (and get into the right mind-set with out my kids around!)..........

I also wrote up a complete Show Outline....Just so I had a plan in my head. It really helped me! :)

Thank you, for the advice

Welcome to CS and congrats on your new business!

Nerves usually get better and better with each show you get under your belt. Sounds like you aren't able to schedule a bunch of shows in one month right now, and that's OK...but when you are new and have to have quite a bit of time lapse in between each show, it makes it harder to get your routine down pat, and therefore makes you more nervous.

One suggestion: keep the same recipe for all of your shows till your nerves calm down. That way, you have one less thing to try to think about, since you will be comfortable with that one recipe!

HTH

Welcome to our virtual cluster!

Thank you Kelly for your advice....appreciate it:p

Hi! Welcome to ChefSuccess! It's a great site...full of knowledgeable, fun, and sometimes kooky people. I'm also so glad I found it! I've learned a ton...and feel I've gotten quite a large head start on my PC business.

I haven't signed up yet. I'm waiting until the end of December, so I can hit the ground running in January. I am trying to learn as much as I can now, and practice my show, so I'm more confident when I do start.

One thing I've done is watch the training DVD several times. I've made a detailed outline of the show (as I think I'm going to do it) and begun practicing it. This way, I'll be more comfortable with all I'm going to say, and how I'm going to say it, when I actually begin doing shows. I've been reading up on each product/line so that I am knowledgeable about it. I have my DH ask me about the product or line of the day/week...then I try to sell it to him - very funny! :) Also, I've spent way too much time on here (so easy to do!) reading, learning, and oftentimes laughing.

I look forward to getting to know you better! Good luck on your shows! :chef:

Welcome!! :D

Hello and welcome:)

Welcome! You'll find lots of great stuff here. Most of it will help you design your business to suit your style. Some of it will make you shoot coffee (or tea, or soda, or whatever) out your nose. We're kind of a full-service site. :)

Related to How can I overcome nerves during my direct sales shows?

1. How can I calm my nerves during direct sales shows?

One way to calm your nerves is to practice your presentation beforehand. This will help you feel more confident and familiar with the products and your talking points. Additionally, taking deep breaths and reminding yourself that you are knowledgeable and passionate about the products can also help you feel more relaxed.

2. I am still nervous after 4 shows, what can I do?

It's completely normal to feel nervous even after multiple shows. One tip is to focus on connecting with your audience and building relationships instead of solely focusing on selling. This can help you feel more comfortable and natural during the show.

3. How can I overcome nerves during slow sales periods?

During slow sales periods, it's important to stay positive and continue promoting your business. Take this time to network and reach out to potential customers and hostesses. You can also use this time to improve your product knowledge and presentation skills, which will help you feel more confident during future shows.

4. Is it possible to do direct sales full time?

Yes, many people have successfully made direct sales their full-time job. It takes dedication and hard work, but it is possible. It's important to set realistic goals and have a solid plan in place to reach them. You can also consider joining a team or finding a mentor who can provide support and guidance.

5. How can I balance my direct sales business with other responsibilities?

If you are unable to do direct sales full time, it's important to prioritize and manage your time effectively. Set specific hours for your business and stick to them. You can also delegate tasks or ask for help from family and friends when needed. Remember to also take breaks and prioritize self-care to avoid burnout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa Johnson
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
KylieBee17
  • Sjh5001
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • 1995tucker