• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host the Ultimate Interactive Party: Exciting Ideas for a Fun-Filled Event!

In summary, chef suggests having the host come up and use some of the tools, and then picking a guest to continue. They also suggest cutting boards and stations for guests to participate in.
MORFIA
Gold Member
:chef: What ideas do you have to initiate this? :chef: :)
:chef: Love Linda's idea to bring a few extra aprons----:chef:

Hi Morfia, I was thinking that I would have the host come up first and use some of the tools, and then she would pick the next person to come up. I hope to try this at my show Friday and see how it goes. I plan to not touch anymore tools after I get them started on playing with them!

I bring carrots to let guests try out the different peelers, and garlic for the press.
I start the recipe and ask for volunteers to finish what I have started.

I had one show that I never touched a tool...there were 22 people there and we divided up in teams to make the brie and punch. I just directed. EVeryone had a lot of fun!

I plan to have cutting boards out (different sizes) around the table so people can jump in. I will ask for volunteers for each cutting board, at the end give them a small prize and suggest that they are ready to do this on their own (recruiting.)

awesome---
I have done many this way---
I host coached to have a table large enough for us to prep--
and an area---to relax--and shop after the recipe is done-=====

Last edited:
Don't let the guests sit down - then they will hesitate to come up. Coach the host to greet the guests at the door and ask them to come in and wash their hands because we all will be "playing" with the tools while making the food.

Oh, and at the area to relax and shop, ask for their attention for about 10 more minutes as you show them your favorite three products. Make it a simple easy demo (even stuff you can pass around to try) like the serrated peeler, microfiber towel in the batter bowl with water and julienne peeler with a carrot. This way you get to show off more tools and they are in a price range to be considered an add on. And, you can take a few minutes to do DPDS and remind them of the hosting, recruiting and guest specials.

love it Kate!! Great wording--

I had a bridal shower recently and had her make the Mini Pesto Pizzas. I loved it! I could concentrate on talking and interacting instead of trying not to cut myself. Of course, SHE did cut herself just slightly!:eek: I just talked to her mom today. I guess that's not too odd :) She did a great job, the guests enjoyed it and she had a lot of fun too.

I would love to do this at each show. I have more fun too when people come up and help!!

love the cutting boards idea too----

I'm thinking no chairs for the guests to sit. At least, not in the demo room. =) I'm thinking gather everyone around the island or table, even set up several stations for them to work.

I demo'd Berries n Cream Wonton Cups last night at my meeting (it's PINK, so it's great for Feb valentines day parties), and suggested that consultants set up one station (with multiple Silicone Basting Brushes) for guests to brush the wonton skins with butter, sprinkle on the sugar, and put into the muffin pan - another station for washing the berries and making the filling - another station for putting on the berries and using the EAD to garnish with cool whip. That gets everyone using the tools, everyone participating, and everyone conversing about the recipe and PC. I would ALSO give each group questions to answer while they're working... like what other uses can you think of for the EAD... name 4 uses for the salad and berry spinner... etc.

It's really going to take feeling out the guests. I have had shows where the guests have come straight from work and all they want to do is sit down and relax. I want it to be fun, but sometimes people aren't looking to be put to work.

If they are presented it with it on the invitation, through the reminder call and with the host as they enter, that is just the way it is.

I want to offer this as a choice, but I know some hosts and guests may balk at this if it isn't approached in the right way. Looking forward to getting some words of advice from HO and others that have done this.

Previous posts have been made about this too, I believe. It's like writing with my left hand (I am right handed). I know it can be done, but just have to put more thought into it!!

I really like the Power Cooking format HO has set up for us. Simple and easy to understand.

cmdtrgd said:
Don't let the guests sit down - then they will hesitate to come up. Coach the host to greet the guests at the door and ask them to come in and wash their hands because we all will be "playing" with the tools while making the food.
I've done about 8 shows like this and received very positive feedback. As guests walk in the door I "ask" them to chop, slice, whatever needs to be done. When assembly time comes, I get a straggler or the host to help me. If the task is repetitive then I ask for guest feedback about the products they used (leading questions so it always positive). Like I said, I haven't done many like this, but I liked the way this worked out for me. I do agree you need to know the crowd and maybe other methods would be more appropriate for those coming straight from work. I'm going to keep trying this style though!

Thanks for the information, Missy. I think I need to find the door to the box and step outside it...bravely!!!:rolleyes:

Another way is to have them pick from a grouping of products (that will be used in the recipe) that you put out before the show begins. Then, when it is time to use that product, have them come up to use it. They have had it in their hands for a while, so they can tell what the quality is like. If they are a lot of fun, you might ask for an alternative use for the products. If they know each other very well, it can get very funny!

baychef said:
Thanks for the information, Missy. I think I need to find the door to the box and step outside it...bravely!!!:rolleyes:
Just do it! At the very least, you'll be proud of yourself (and so will we)! We all know how difficult taking that 1st step can be...good luck and keep us posted!

Ann E. Come on down to NJ and join one of my parties----It is always easier to see it in action---

I love doing these shows! Always before, I felt like I was doing Info-mercials. As much excitement I would put into the show, I still felt that way. You know people would always wonder if products work the way we say they do. I would also ask for volunteers, and would rarely get one. No one likes to be the center of attention, afraid they might make a mistake.
When I do my shows, depending on size, is either 1 or 2 recipes. I divide them up whether they like sweet or savory. I break the recipe into steps, and each person gets to do 1 step, or more, depending. I also take extra aprons that they share. This leads directly to "Our aprons fit everyone. Can you see yourself doing this?" My Director did this at 2 SHOWS! From those, she has 5 people interested in signing!! People LOVE these shows! When they come as a group, no one in embarassed to try out the products. I go back and forth, talking about the product they are using, the specials, and so on. The shows go MUCH FASTER! People are buying things they never would have bought before because they have had them in their hands and were able to use them! I've even had some guests doing up my dishes for me! If someone is TRULY exhausted from work, they can sit it out. But, I'm sure that once they see everyone having fun, they won't be able to stay away! Everyone is nosey and wants to see what's going on!! They will end up taking part one way or another!! :) :)

Hope this hasn't already been mentioned and I missed it, but at what point do you hand out the Guest Folders? I'm thinking start off cooking (interactive), then move to the relaxed area and have the Guest Folders waiting there? What do you guys think?

Right away
PamperedChefDebi said:
Hope this hasn't already been mentioned and I missed it, but at what point do you hand out the Guest Folders? I'm thinking start off cooking (interactive), then move to the relaxed area and have the Guest Folders waiting there? What do you guys think?

It never fails when guests arrive they want their catalog, order form and pen. I mean most of my guests it seems, have already been to shows and know the drill. I just go with it.

I would like to try something new and I don't think it would be too bad. I really like the ideas of bringing recipes already made so that I can feed them, which in turn shuts their big mouths (LOL just kidding, I just hear so many horror stories on here about irate guests), hand them their folders and can talk about the tools I used to make the recipe they are eating while they flip through the book. This way I can feel relaxed and calm enough to concentrate on cross selling, answering questions and being funny or entertaining to my guests (audience). It sounds great to do this at some shows so I don't have to concentrate too much on new recipes (I don't always try all of the recipes at home first and really believe it should be easy if I am trying to sell these recipes to my guests because they are easy). Anyway that's another thread, sorry.....
I can have their full attention while they eat. I would however have them assist me in putting finishing touches on a dessert. This way they work for their dessert, it's a good incentive to get them to come up. I know I would! LOL
I always have two recipes at my shows. An appetizer or main dish and dessert. Dessert is free if they have 12 or more "buying" guests. So it's something usually cheap and simple but yummy!! (I love those new LEMON CAKES!!)
I love any dessert that can be done in the microwave because everyone is usually amazed and I end up selling tons of Micro friendly products!!

Debbie :D

I am looking forward to seeing the DVD with the interactive shows on it. I would really like to try this format.

I have tried it in the past, and had a really hard time with it - so I'm hoping the DVD will show me where I am going wrong. When I have done it, first of all, there were a bunch of people who had no interest in helping with the recipe - and just went in another room with wine and catalogs. I didn't see them again until it was time to place their orders!

There wasn't enough room in the kitchen area for everyone to stand (I wonder about that - I do alot of shows in living rooms),so I understand why they left, and at this one particular show, I only got one booking, and I only got that booking because I assured her it wouldn't have to be an interactive show. :rolleyes:

So, I see the promotional pictures of everyone standing around an island, or a large table....and everyone means 6-8 people. I am trying to figure out how I can make this work when I have 12-15 people there, and a small round dinette table to work from......

Me too Becky; I'm anxious to see the dvd & how they present it. It will be nice to at least offer this new show to some seasoned guests!

don't forget to shorten them too---My friend and I challenged each other to get out early----We got out by 9:15 every night----

At one party, I printed labels up ahead of time with each of the tools listed. As the guests arrived, I gave them a label and asked them to put their name on it. I told them that I am still suffering from Mommy brain, and didn't want to forget anyone's names ... and I also didn't want to forget a step in the recipe ... so whenever I mentioned a particular tool, the person with that on their tag had to come and do the next step in the recipe. (I was doing the hot broccoli dip). It went over quite well, and some of the women even had two tags (not many guests came) and they enjoyed getting up and playing more than once. This also kept non-PC chatter to a minimum until the demo was finished.

karaboo2 said:
At one party, I printed labels up ahead of time with each of the tools listed. As the guests arrived, I gave them a label and asked them to put their name on it. I told them that I am still suffering from Mommy brain, and didn't want to forget anyone's names ... and I also didn't want to forget a step in the recipe ... so whenever I mentioned a particular tool, the person with that on their tag had to come and do the next step in the recipe. (I was doing the hot broccoli dip). It went over quite well, and some of the women even had two tags (not many guests came) and they enjoyed getting up and playing more than once. This also kept non-PC chatter to a minimum until the demo was finished.

Cool tips! I think I may try the name tag/label idea (cute!)

I like the ideas to shorten the shows, too - mine seem to go on forever!! I'm going to set a clock/timer and tell them that I'm going to keep it short and sweet and promise when the timer goes off I'll finish the show within 5 min!

I really want to make it interactive, too. I did this by default at one show where only 2 guests showed up. I was set up at the kitchen island, and the guests just stood around it while I started prepping the recipe. They asked to try tools, I passed stuff off to people while I did something else, and they all got involved and loved it! I felt so good after that show, too, b/c I really felt like I made a connection with the guests. Got a booking and the host got lots of outside orders, so it worked out ok.

My next show is next Sat., 1/26, and so far she has 12 people who said they are coming on my website (more may have called her and not replied by email), so I'm curious how this will work with a larger crowd. I'm having one of my downline observe that show, too, so I want it to go well. I'll keep checking in here for more ideas. Thanks!! :)

DebbieSAChef said:
It never fails when guests arrive they want their catalog, order form and pen. I mean most of my guests it seems, have already been to shows and know the drill. I just go with it.

Debbie - I tend to do this, too, but I think I'm going to try something different next time. I always have the lap boards with catalogs/order forms/pens sitting on the chairs, but this time, I'm not going to have chairs, and I'll leave the lap boards, etc. in my bag. If someone asks for one, I'll tell them we're going to all make the recipe together first and I'll hand the catalogs out afterwards. I hope they don't take it the wrong way, though. I always hated DS shows where the consultant didn't let you have a catalog right away. Maybe it's all in how you present it? (i.e., "I'm going to let you all have fun in the kitchen with me, and then you can browse the catalog to your heart's content!" or something like that?)

I have tried it in the past, and had a really hard time with it - so I'm hoping the DVD will show me where I am going wrong. When I have done it, first of all, there were a bunch of people who had no interest in helping with the recipe - and just went in another room with wine and catalogs. I didn't see them again until it was time to place their orders!

There wasn't enough room in the kitchen area for everyone to stand (I wonder about that - I do alot of shows in living rooms),so I understand why they left, and at this one particular show, I only got one booking, and I only got that booking because I assured her it wouldn't have to be an interactive show.

So, I see the promotional pictures of everyone standing around an island, or a large table....and everyone means 6-8 people. I am trying to figure out how I can make this work when I have 12-15 people there, and a small round dinette table to work from......

A while back I was on a tele-conference call that had really GREAT ideas about these "inter-active" Shows. What she does with bigger crowds is she has another table set up, so she makes 2 stations. She said she has even had the second table set up in a bedroom because it had the most room!!Each table doing a different recipe. When doing this, you need to figure in the cooking time, and try not to over lap unless they are baked at the same temp.

I just did the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies last night. There were 10 guests and I broke it down into 10 different steps! There was even one lady that said she was allergic to cooking!! She even helped to stir in the choc. chips and spread into Bar Pan. I made sure to make a big fuss about her helping out and promised not to tell her husband!! I even let her lick the bowl after she was done. Everyone got a kick out of that!! I went home with 3 bookings.

peggyscookin said:
A while back I was on a tele-conference call that had really GREAT ideas about these "inter-active" Shows. What she does with bigger crowds is she has another table set up, so she makes 2 stations. She said she has even had the second table set up in a bedroom because it had the most room!!Each table doing a different recipe. When doing this, you need to figure in the cooking time, and try not to over lap unless they are baked at the same temp.

I just did the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies last night. There were 10 guests and I broke it down into 10 different steps! There was even one lady that said she was allergic to cooking!! She even helped to stir in the choc. chips and spread into Bar Pan. I made sure to make a big fuss about her helping out and promised not to tell her husband!! I even let her lick the bowl after she was done. Everyone got a kick out of that!! I went home with 3 bookings.

Thanks Peggy for that info and description...the more I can learn, the more comfortable I'll be offering this as an option!

peggyscookin said:
I just did the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies last night. There were 10 guests and I broke it down into 10 different steps!

I did this several months ago with the Caramel Apple Pudding (or whatever it's called) made in the DCB. I enjoyed it, took some of the pressure off of me, and I think the guests had a good time too.

It was a big group (and I knew it would be) so I had at least two people at 8 different stations. I had little tent cards with a number on it and made them count off by 8. Then they went into the kitchen and found their card number. On the other side of the card was a what they were to do at their station. Plus, each person had a copy of the recipe in their hand before we started.

I'm going to be making Italian Side-by-Side Calzones next Thursday. If the Host's home can accomodate it, I'm going to have at least two people help with this recipe.

Had one last night
I used the chopper for the demo of a carrot---I place A carrot in it and sent it wandering around the table---rolling demo I sent the U.M. and the micro-plane---I did Hot pizza dip and garlic knots---I sold a lot of stones 4 UM
--I booked Jan 31st Feb 7th and March 12th The party was FUN--FUN FUN ---
This was a booking on the spot when I met the hostess through my hubby at the gym--So it is a fresh group----LOVE IT----

I've heard people talk about doing shows where they hand out "direction cards" to people so they know what will be required/asked of them. Have any of you done this? If so, how does that work out for the interactive show thing? I'm still not sold on it, but the card thing almost sounds better to me...

well that same host from jan---Is doing the 3-12 party---she is going for it--

I have recently started doing Stir fry (idea from a fellow cheffer) but i started doing them before the interactive show and i noticed my show's average was higher which i was super happy about... But now with the new interactive show theme i have worked it to where each veggie is a station and i have people wash hands and i say lets get started by each of you picking a veggie/tool you wanna play with tonight... They all laugh a bit but then they look at what i set up and then i start to tell them my pc story and then i go right into what each person needs to do and talk about the products they using and about food secerts and then i start talking about new products then i have the hostess take it and cook it all together on the stove and i ask everyone to tell me what they either liked or didn't like about the items they used. I did a show on thursday night the attendance was low and the sales were right at 159.00 but i am happy with it cause i know she will get to the 300 mark but i got 3 shows booked and only 4 people were there and they all wanna do interactive shows (i did have them 1/2 way through cutting the veggies and chopping move over one station so each person got to do two different tools) worked awesome. But anyways i am loving the interactive show and i think it goes smoother and i just pleased all the way around omg i am rambling tonight sorry ladies...

I cut out pictures or photocopy pictures of the tools i will b using. Then, i tape them to the back of cardstock. I put them in one of the stainless steel mixing bowls and pass it around. I tell everyone to get one or two tools that they've always wanted to try. After they get their tool, I tell them what's going to happen. I start my show by introducing my self and the group and then I say, "who's got the (fill in the blank tool)" they say, "i do" and I tell them to come on up to the table. They are going to demo that tool. They then put their tool back in the then empty stainless bowl and I do a door prize drawing at the end. It seems to have really went over well for me. It's a lot of fun and most everyone loves to try out the tools.

interactive strawberry spinach salad recipe---last night---4 guest and the host-all had a step---and they --ALL BOOKED--I had a consultant with me---She loved it too---She like how they all were involved I sold 3 salad berry spinners----and all different products---then my usual--- I change my recipe once a month---This one was by far the lightest kit---700 in sales---Go for it!!!

MORFIA said:
interactive strawberry spinach salad recipe---last night---4 guest and the host-all had a step---and they --ALL BOOKED--I had a consultant with me---She loved it too---She like how they all were involved I sold 3 salad berry spinners----and all different products---then my usual--- I change my recipe once a month---This one was by far the lightest kit---

Thanks for that Update Morfia!

I love the Strawberry Spinach Salad - and it's always a hit at shows! I can see this being a big hit as an interactive show!

Station # 1 Strawberry Cream Trifle1. On the cutting board, take the loaf of pound cake and cut into small 1 inch bite size squares using the Bread Knife.
2. set aside one strawberry for garnish
3. hull strawberries using the core and more then cut strawberries
in quarters using 5 inch forged knife
4. in Batter bowl combine fresh and frozen strawberries--mix wellStation # 2 Strawberry Cream Trifle 1. Add 24 ounces of strawberry yogurt to STAINLESS BOWL
2. Juice lemon using the Citrus Press to measure 2 Tbsp lemon juice-
3. Empty 1 package of instant pudding into the STAINLESS BOWL.
4. Whisk until thick.
5. Work with Station #1, you will layer the ingredients in the trifle bowl.a. 1/3 Pound Cake
b. top with 1/3 of the strawberry on top of the pound cake.
c. Add ½ of the pudding.
repeat a-c

Related to Host the Ultimate Interactive Party: Exciting Ideas for a Fun-Filled Event!

1. What is the ultimate interactive party and how does it work?

The ultimate interactive party is a fun and engaging event where guests can learn about Pampered Chef products and recipes while participating in hands-on activities. As a host, you invite friends and family to your home or a designated location, and a Pampered Chef consultant will lead the party by demonstrating products and involving guests in activities such as cooking demonstrations and games.

2. How can I become a host for a Pampered Chef party?

Becoming a host is easy! Simply reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to schedule a party. As a host, you will receive exclusive discounts and rewards based on the sales made at your party.

3. What types of activities can I expect at an ultimate interactive party?

Our parties are filled with exciting activities such as cooking demonstrations, recipe tastings, and interactive games. Guests also have the opportunity to try out Pampered Chef products and ask questions about their use and benefits.

4. Can I customize the theme or menu for my ultimate interactive party?

Absolutely! Our consultants are happy to work with you to create a personalized party experience. You can choose a specific theme or menu, and the consultant will incorporate it into the party activities and demonstrations.

5. Are there any special items I need to prepare for my ultimate interactive party?

No special items are required for the party, but we do recommend having a few extra aprons on hand for guests who want to join in on the fun and help with the cooking demonstrations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • hsilwamba
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
rpark1961
  • Rapunzil
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies