• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Homemade Herbal Insect Repellent and Kitchen Spritzer

In summary, the recipe for an herbal insect repellent in the most recent Mother Earth News says to store it in an opaque bottle. Paula in TN thinks that since all the ingredients are oils, it should be safe for the mechanism.
pelamm
I found a recipe for an herbal insect repellent in the most recent Mother Earth News. It says to store it in an opaque bottle. I am wondering if anything in it would mess up the mechanisms of the Kitchen Spritzer? You could slide the spritzer in a bag to provide opaqueness, and have the convenience of being able to spray it rather than rub it on.

Recipe:
2 TBS citronella essential oil
2 TBS rosemary essential oil
2 TBS geranium essential oil
2 TBS eucalyptus essential oil
1/2 cup olive oil.

Directions: Store in a labeled, opaque bottle. Dab the oil on a bandanna, clothing, hat or skin. Keep away from eyes and mouth.

Any input?

Thanks.

Paula in TN

Since all the ingredients are oils, I would think it would be safe for the mechanism, but I wouldn't want to go back to using it for cooking again after it had insect repellant in it! :eek: I don't know the real answer to that question, though. Just my thoughts.

Oh, no, definately wouldn't use it for cooking after that, but they can buy more than one, right? LOL

I would think that the spritzer bottle would be considered "opaque".

Really? I wasn't sure since I don't have a Spritzer, and the pic in the catalog seemed like you could see the liquid really easily. Perhaps I am mistaken, but I consider opaque to be where it won't let light thru to the contents. Kind of like yellow milk jugs vs. white ones, if that makes sense.

P

Sorry...dont understand why it has to be an opaque bottle in the first place???

My guess is to keep light from causing the mixture to "go bad".

P

That's right. That's why most of your liquid prescription meds come in amber (light resistant) bottles... Translucent isn't the same as opaque. Ann F. (pharmacist in my "other life" :))

Got it! Thanks for the info ;)

The spritzer is like the suds pump. It will let the light through.

Will it matterYou don't plan on having it sit outside are you? It should be fine in your pantry or under your sink. You would take it out when you need it. Even if you take it to the beach or the park or something it won't just sit out in the sun. I think it should be fine. That's my humble opinion.

I'm going to try it. My brother in law bought a fantastic property out in the middle of nowhere. The bugs are sure there though!!

Get a large sticker and wrap around spritzer. This way you can also label what is in the bottle. Wouldn't want to have someone grab it by mistake and use it for cooking etc.

What ingredients are used in the Homemade Herbal Insect Repellent and Kitchen Spritzer?

The Homemade Herbal Insect Repellent and Kitchen Spritzer is made with all natural ingredients including essential oils, vinegar, and water. There are no harsh chemicals or artificial fragrances used.

How do I use the Homemade Herbal Insect Repellent and Kitchen Spritzer?

To use the Homemade Herbal Insect Repellent and Kitchen Spritzer, simply shake the bottle well and spray it onto any surface where you want to repel insects. For best results, reapply every few hours or as needed.

Is the Homemade Herbal Insect Repellent and Kitchen Spritzer safe for use in the kitchen?

Yes, the Homemade Herbal Insect Repellent and Kitchen Spritzer is safe to use in the kitchen. The all natural ingredients make it safe for use around food and food preparation areas.

Can the Homemade Herbal Insect Repellent and Kitchen Spritzer be used on skin?

No, the Homemade Herbal Insect Repellent and Kitchen Spritzer is not designed to be used on skin. It is meant to be used on surfaces to repel insects, not as a personal insect repellent.

How long does the Homemade Herbal Insect Repellent and Kitchen Spritzer last?

The Homemade Herbal Insect Repellent and Kitchen Spritzer can last for several weeks if stored properly. It is best to store it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • lindseystar
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lindseystar
  • DebPC