• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DIY DCB Carrying Case: Sewing Instructions for Keeping Your Dish Hot

In summary, the conversation is about a casserole carrier for the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) and the instructions for sewing one. The materials needed include cotton fabric, pre-quilted fabric, wooden dowels, velcro, and steam-a-seam. The steps for making the carrier include preparing the short and long pieces, sewing them together, adding velcro, and inserting the dowel rods. Pictures of the finished product can be found on Facebook.
ChefPeg
Gold Member
I've seen pictures of carrying cases others have sewn for the DCB. Do any of you have the sewing instructions? I can't find my padded envelope and am bringing my DCB with something already cooked in it somewhere next week. It's cold outside so want the dish to remain hot as long as possible.
Thanks!

nevermind, I found it.

can you share? would love to see it! (and maybe ask my very talented mother to sew one for me!)

Casserole Carrier for the DCB
By Ashley Autry Jones and Mary Bucher in I ♥ my Deep Covered Baker! (Files)

Materials Needed:
¾ yard of cotton for exterior ( I like to use a heavier weight but quilters cotton is fine)
¾ yard pre-quilted fabric for lining (could quilt batting or Insul-Bright to a cotton fabric instead)
2-13” Wooden dowels for handles
Velcro (optional)
Steam-a-seam (optional)
General sewing supplies

Cutting:
From Outer Fabric
Cut one 14” x 37” (referred to as the short piece)
Cut one 12” x 42” (referred to as the long piece)

From Lining Fabric
Cut one14” x 37” (referred to as the short piece)
Cut one 12” x 42” (referred to as the long piece)

Seam Allowance: ¼”

1) Preparing the short piece of the carrier:
Starting with both short pieces right sides together.
Mark the handle opening using a 5-5.5" circle template. (A plastic lid works nicely.) The edge of the marked circle should be right at the end of the large rectangle and centered on the short sides.
Cut out each handle opening, making a U-shaped cut, and using the circle as a guide around the curve.
With right sides together, sew the 2 pieces of fabric together starting in the center of one long side and leaving a 4” opening for turning.
Snip around the curve before turning right side out so the curved seam will sit nice and flat.
Turn the piece right side out and press.
Optional: you can use steam-a-seam to close opening, hand stitch or machine stitch it closed. I usually catch the openings on step 3 where we sew the 2 pieces together.
On each end of the short piece, turn over the ends tabs 1.5" to create a tube for the handles and stitch down the ends.

2) Preparing the long piece:
Starting with both long pieces right sides together.
Sew 2 pieces of fabric together starting in the center of one long side and leaving a 4” opening for turning.
Turn the piece right side out and press.
Optional: you can use steam-a-seam to close opening, hand stitch or machine stitch it closed. I usually catch the openings on step 3 where we sew the 2 pieces together.

3) Assembling the carrier body:
Center the long piece cross way over the short piece
Stitch the 2 pieces together in the center where they intersect. (a square pattern as shown below)

4) Sew velcro on the flaps that are in the inside

5) Insert Dowel rods

6) Insert baking dish with food!

Pictures of finished product can be found at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10150392834645877&type=1

Hi there! I'm a fellow Pampered Chef consultant and I'd be happy to help you out with sewing instructions for a carrying case for your DCB. I know how important it is to keep your dish hot, especially when bringing it somewhere during the colder months. I'll message you with the instructions so you can get started on your case. Happy cooking!

1. How do I properly care for my Homemade Case for the Dcb?

The Homemade Case for the Dcb should be hand washed with warm, soapy water and dried completely before storing. Do not put it in the dishwasher or use harsh cleaning agents, as this can damage the case.

2. Can I use the Homemade Case for the Dcb in the oven?

No, the Homemade Case for the Dcb is not designed to be used in the oven. It is meant for storage and transportation of the Dcb only.

3. What is the Homemade Case for the Dcb made of?

The Homemade Case for the Dcb is made of durable, BPA-free plastic. It is designed to protect your Dcb while on the go.

4. Will the Homemade Case for the Dcb fit all sizes of Dcb?

Yes, the Homemade Case for the Dcb is designed to fit all sizes of the Dcb. It has adjustable dividers to ensure a snug fit for your specific Dcb.

5. Can I customize the Homemade Case for the Dcb with my own design?

No, the Homemade Case for the Dcb is only available in the standard Pampered Chef design. However, you can personalize it with your name or initials through our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • gilliandanielle
  • General Chat
Replies