• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the proper way to handle wearing an offensive shirt in public?

In summary, an offensive shirt can be defined as any clothing item containing language, images, or symbols that are disrespectful, discriminatory, or inappropriate. While it is not illegal to wear such a shirt in public, it is not recommended as it can offend and upset those around you. If you accidentally wear an offensive shirt in public, it is best to apologize and either cover it up or change into a different shirt. It is not appropriate to wear an offensive shirt at any Pampered Chef event or party, as the company strives to create a welcoming and inclusive environment. If you see someone wearing an offensive shirt at a Pampered Chef event or party, calmly and politely bring it to their attention or notify a consultant or staff member if needed.
Jean DeVries
Gold Member
Hi all!

I admit, I did find this site from the articles about Paige Dixon. But I am also a consultant who didn't know this site previously existed.

So, while I'm excited to find this site and get great ideas, I'm saddened about the circumstances in which I found it.

I am thinking of Paige and her family and wishing for a quick resolution!

(But KG, I can be trusted, even though I joined in July and have less than 25 posts :)

Jean in Michigan

Post a picture in your avatar and give us some info. on yourself. :)

Welcome!

Thanks for coming out of hiding!

Glad we are able to help you out with your biz! Join in more often, now that you've come out from being a lurker!! Welcome!

Welcome Jean! And by your name, I can tell you're dutch (or married a dutchman) so we'll have to play dutch bingo sometime! If I tell you my maiden name or where I went to college, I'll give myself away. :)

Jump right in to our crazy online cluster!

DebbieJ said:
And by your name, I can tell you're dutch (or married a dutchman) so we'll have to play dutch bingo sometime!

Shall we start a new thread? ;)

BTW, thanks for my bread tubes. :)

Welcome! I lurk a lot more than I post, but I'm getting better!

Jean DeVries said:
Hi all!

I admit, I did find this site from the articles about Paige Dixon. But I am also a consultant who didn't know this site previously existed.

So, while I'm excited to find this site and get great ideas, I'm saddened about the circumstances in which I found it.

(But KG, I can be trusted, even though I joined in July and have less than 25 posts :)

Jean in Michigan

Hey Jean I'm in MI too... where are you???

Tarra

I lurk a lot too. When a question is asked, it is already answered by several cheffers, so I don't feel that I have anything to add. I also feel like a thread killer. I am on here all the time, and get great ideas from all of you, and I really love this site, but don't have a lot to say. Thanks to everyone for all the info on here.

Dianne

More Dutch people!! I'm in the heart of Dutch Country in MI - and it's nice to know there are more of you out there!DebbieJ - maybe we really are long lost sisters!!!

Okay a hint....If you read your latest issue of The Banner, you'll see my uncle in there about 4 times for his views on a particular issue. I went to college in GR where the event my uncle was attending was held. That should give you some good clues. :D

Last edited:
DebbieJ said:
Okay a hint....If you read your latest issue of The Banner, you'll see my uncle in there about 4 times for his views on a particular issue.

Have to check it out next time I'm at my in-laws........(surrounded by them, but not a CR'er)

I'm am smack dab in the middle of Dutch world. I live in Holland and can't pronounce a lot of names. People act as if I'm a foreigner when I don't know how to say Petroelje or Michmerhuizen or Hieftje. My favorite name to say is VanEenenaam.
Deb, I guess either Hope or Calvin and maiden name is Van something or other.

Is Hope in GR? ;)

Hope is in Holland. Calvin is the rival, here.

DebbieJ said:
Is Hope in GR? ;)

I pretty much assumed it was Calvin........;)

And that is some rivalry between Calvin and Hope - so much for the spirit of Christian Brotherhood!:p

JAE - I was the same way when I first moved here! People were so offended when I couldn't pronounce their unpronounceable names! Even ones that looked like they may be pronounceable.......I usually got wrong - like Broene - (who would guess it was pronounced Bru-nee?)

Welcome aboard!

I actually speak Dutch! I was born and raised in a colony of the Netherlands.
I'll take the pronunciation challenge!

Welcome Jean to our extended family. I am alot like Dianne, I lurk and learn more than post but I am getting better at it.

straitfan said:
Welcome! I lurk a lot more than I post, but I'm getting better!
me too!!! don't feel bad. I trying to get better too!!!!:D

Jean DeVries said:
Hi all!

Jean in Michigan
Well, the jury's still out. ;)

J. "Formerly of Jennison" R.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

All About Me (or Mostly About Me)
rebeccastt said:
Post a picture in your avatar and give us some info. on yourself. :)

Welcome!

OK, so the avatar pic is dorky, but it's the only one I have right now. A guy I work with was standing over me taking my pic, that's why it's upside down.

As for introductions....I'm an Aries that likes long walks on the beach, and romantic candlelit dinners....

Yeah. Not really. I live in the 'burbs of Grand Rapids Michigan. I started in Pampered Chef 3ish years ago to earn extra money to put gas in my car. And that's when gas was cheap :)

Unfortunately, I have been extremely busy with my job over the past few months, and have gone inactive with PC. I'm looking forward to getting back into it, however. I'm going on a cruise next January, and need cruise drinks money :) And gas money. My favorite product is the rectangle Chilzanne. And now that I figured out how to actually use the can opener, it's a close second.

When not working 60-70 hours a week, I'm sleeping :) I'm also on the board of a karst conservancy, I like to cave, and I'm a Girl Scout leader. That's about me in a nutshell, but my life is pretty much a wide open book, so if there's anything else anyone wants to know to bring that jury in on the whole trustworthy thing, just ask :)

Jean

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Well, the jury's still out. ;)

J. "Formerly of Jennison" R.

Like, Jenison, MI? I totally grew up there.

Wait. I was raised there. I'm not actually grown up yet.

Jean I feel I just got to know more about you than I did about my last date ;) welcome aboard! and with CS you will totally be able to do nothing but drink if that is what you would like with your pc money on your cruise! I love this board and everyone on it!

Jean DeVries said:
OK, so the avatar pic is dorky, but it's the only one I have right now. A guy I work with was standing over me taking my pic, that's why it's upside down.Jean

I like the avatar... made me giggle!

Welcome to our little corner or cyberspace! I'm certain you'll find us (or at least most of use) helpful and not too bizzarre. Can't wait to hear that you are officially active again!

DebbieJ said:
Welcome Jean! And by your name, I can tell you're dutch (or married a dutchman) so we'll have to play dutch bingo sometime! If I tell you my maiden name or where I went to college, I'll give myself away. :)

Jump right in to our crazy online cluster!

Not married, so the dutch is all mine. But I'm the least Dutch Dutch person you'll ever find. I grew up Catholic, I can't save money to save my life, and I've got no problem spending $75 on shoes (hence, problem #2).

I can't help but add to this conversation, my family is Pennsylvania Dutch and in Maine I don't hear of anyone is. Around hear is mostly french. So find it quite refreshing!:)

Sorry for the typos...time for bed!

Jean, I too loved the pic! It kinda sums up how I usually feel LOL!
Welcome to the clan!

Angela... it appears you have an official addiction to this site... you can't get off of there to go to bed! Good for you!

I know, I know.... I just discovered it today also and easily addicting! Good Night All! (really this time)

Good night!

*(&*&%^$^((*&^$ time limit!

katie0128 said:

Welcome to our little corner or cyberspace! I'm certain you'll find us (or at least most of use) helpful and not too bizzarre. Can't wait to hear that you are officially active again!
HEY! Is that a dig at me? <giggle>

Welcome, all! We're a little slap-happy recently with the emotional swings from conference and one of our members being missing for 2 1/2 weeks. Usually it's a little less crazy around here. :)

Who are you kiddin Ann...... We are always this crazy!!!

katie0128 said:

Yes, I find that when people take pictures of me that way, I only have one chin.

Henceforth, there are no longer any pictures of me right side up.

etteluap70PC said:
Who are you kiddin Ann...... We are always this crazy!!!

I was going to say things were a little LESS crazy with us being gone for Conference... wait until everyone gets home and things get back to "normal"!!!

chefann said:
HEY! Is that a dig at me? <giggle>

Welcome, all! We're a little slap-happy recently with the emotional swings from conference and one of our members being missing for 2 1/2 weeks. Usually it's a little less crazy around here. :)

You... bizarre... NOOOOOOO... After all, you are the shy, people-pleasing person that would never do ANYTHING that anyone would consider strange... especially not wearing fruity hats or shirts that say "Slut" in large, public gathering areas in a major US city! Nope, not you, not our Ann!!!

Do you think she believes me?

katie0128 said:
You... bizarre... NOOOOOOO... After all, you are the shy, people-pleasing person that would never do ANYTHING that anyone would consider strange... especially not wearing fruity hats or shirts that say "Slut" in large, public gathering areas in a major US city! Nope, not you, not our Ann!!!

Do you think she believes me?
No, I don't believe you!

My director looked at me in the hotel and asked, "You're not actually going downstairs in public wearing a shirt that says 'Slut' across your boobs, are you?"

1. What is considered an "offensive" shirt?

An offensive shirt can vary depending on personal opinions and cultural norms. Generally, it is any clothing item that may contain language, images, or symbols that are disrespectful, discriminatory, or inappropriate.

2. Can I wear an offensive shirt in public?

While it is not illegal to wear an offensive shirt in public, it is not recommended as it can offend and upset those around you. It is important to be considerate of others and think about the impact of your clothing choices.

3. What should I do if I accidentally wear an offensive shirt in public?

If you realize that your shirt may be offensive while in public, it is best to apologize and either cover it up or change into a different shirt. This shows that you acknowledge the potential harm your shirt may cause and are taking responsibility for it.

4. Can I wear an offensive shirt at a Pampered Chef event or party?

No, it is not appropriate to wear an offensive shirt at any Pampered Chef event or party. Pampered Chef is a family-friendly company and we strive to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please refrain from wearing offensive clothing to any Pampered Chef events.

5. What should I do if I see someone wearing an offensive shirt at a Pampered Chef event or party?

If you see someone wearing an offensive shirt at a Pampered Chef event or party, it is best to calmly and politely bring it to their attention. They may not be aware that their shirt is offensive and may appreciate the feedback. If the situation becomes uncomfortable or escalates, please bring it to the attention of a Pampered Chef consultant or staff member.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jules711