• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Struggling with Tart-Making Skills

I have never had any problems with the mini tart shaper. With the cheesy artichoke recipe, I used flour on the shaper and pressed down then rotated it around in a circle. Flouring before each one. I'm not sure what brownie recipe you all are talking about but I like making the Pecan Tassies. I attached it and the cheesy artichoke recipe. Hope that helped!PamNo problems here!
ChefSandyK
Okay...am I tart challenged? I have tried to use this tool three times. Twice to make brownies (a la tuxedo) and once to make Elegant Artichoke Cups. When I use it on the brownies, the brownies just re-inflate within seconds. :( When I used it on the won-ton wrappers, they either ripped or didn't make cups like they were supposed to. :eek: Any hints would be appreciated, because a lot of the recipes I'd like to do in the fall will require use of this...

Thanks,
Sandy

I am not sure about the wonton wrappers as I have never done those before. But, I remeber having this problem when I first started using it with the brownies. Think of it as the meat tenderizer or the food chopper where you can't be gentle. Fast, somewhat forceful downward plunges should work. If you are too gentle it doesn't work the air out of the cake. Use a quick stabbing motion and know that you need to compact them a bit. Hope this helps.

dawnsclassycupboard said:
I am not sure about the wonton wrappers as I have never done those before. But, I remeber having this problem when I first started using it with the brownies. Think of it as the meat tenderizer or the food chopper where you can't be gentle. Fast, somewhat forceful downward plunges should work. If you are too gentle it doesn't work the air out of the cake. Use a quick stabbing motion and know that you need to compact them a bit. Hope this helps.

Wow Dawn! That sounds a little scary to me!! :eek: :) :) LOL!!

With the wonton wrappers, I have had that problem sometimes. It usually helps if I not only make sure I brush the wonton with enough butter, but also dip the end of the tart shaper in butter too. That lubricates it a little better. I also kind of push the sides of the wonton wrapper in a little, so more "slack" goes into the muffin cup before I twist it. Does that make sense? If there's no extra wonton wrapper in the cup and you go to twist, sometimes it does tear. If it doesn't tear a lot, I just leave it. But if it's big enough where the filling will leak out, I start over with a new one.

Hope my description makes sense!

I made the Tuxido brownie cups last week and I found that if I pushed to hard they stuck to Shaper and broke when I tried pulling them off. I figured out, you have to push down with a bit of pressure using a rocking sort of motion, make your way around the pan, then go around a second time and that seems get them to stay down.

I have never tried the wraps so I'm affraid I don't know but I will try the butter idea when I do :)
Tasha

Thank youI will try your tips and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,
Sandy

LOL... I guess it does sound a bit scary but I don't think they borwnies can feel it. LOL :D

YumI love the mini muffin pan. Can someone send me the recipes for the artichoke thing and the brownies.

Many thanks!
Pam

No problems here!I've never had any problems with the mini tart shaper. With the cheesy artichoke recipe, I used flour on the shaper and pressed down then rotated it around in a circle. Flouring before each one. I'm not sure what brownie recipe you all are talking about but I like making the Pecan Tassies. I attached it and the cheesy artichoke recipe. Hope that helped!
Brandy

Attachments

• pecan tassies.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 367
  • cheesy artichoke cups.doc
    58 KB · Views: 371
PampMomof3 said:
Wow Dawn! That sounds a little scary to me!! :eek: :) :) LOL!!

Me too! LOL.
:D

When you are making the Tux brownie cups I have found that the brand of brownie mix makes a difference when you go to press them. I honostly prefer the store brand. Whenever I use the kind that has the Hershey syrup in it, or the other name brand types they stick... the cheeper ones work great. I ususally make at least a box of brownies at a time and freeze them in bags of 25 for shows in the future. (25 fit on a S.A. med plate.

Good TipsThank you, Shana. :)

1. How do I prevent my tart crust from becoming soggy?

To prevent a soggy tart crust, make sure to blind bake your crust before adding the filling. This means pre-baking the crust without the filling in it. You can also brush the crust with an egg wash or melted chocolate before adding the filling to create a barrier between the crust and the filling.

2. How do I get the edges of my tart crust to stay in place?

To keep the edges of your tart crust in place, make sure to press the dough firmly into the tart pan and trim off any excess dough. You can also use pie weights or dry beans to weigh down the crust while blind baking.

3. What is the best way to remove a tart from the pan?

The best way to remove a tart from the pan is to let it cool completely before removing the sides of the pan. You can also place the tart pan on top of a can or jar and gently push down on the sides to release the tart.

4. How do I prevent my tart filling from cracking?

To prevent your tart filling from cracking, make sure to not over-bake it. Check the tart periodically and remove it from the oven when the filling is just set, but still slightly jiggly in the center. Let it cool completely before slicing.

5. Can I make a tart without a tart pan?

Yes, you can make a tart without a tart pan by using a regular pie dish or a springform pan. You can also make a free-form tart on a baking sheet by rolling out the dough into a circle and adding the filling in the center, then folding the edges of the dough over the filling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pamperedhrcant
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • pcbrandy