• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Curry Stain on Chef's Tools Spoon

In summary, there are multiple methods for removing curry stains from kitchen tools, including using a paste of baking soda and water, a mixture of white vinegar and baking soda, lemon juice and salt, or a specialized kitchen cleaning product. It may take a few tries to completely remove the stain, but with perseverance, you can get your tools looking clean and stain-free once again.
BeckyC5830
The other night I made Quick Curried Chicken from the "It's Good For You" Cookbook. I used the Mega Scraper to stir the recipe in my 12" Skillet and the Small Chef's Tool Spoon to serve it. Both the Mega Scraper and the Spoon were stained yellow from the curry. I managed to get the yellow stain off the white part of the Mega Scraper by using a paste of Dishwasher detergent and water, but I can't get the yellow stain off the spoon. The bowl of the spoon is stained on the top and bottom. Test Kitchens suggested: " Let the (dishwasher detergent & water) paste remain on the stains overnight. If the detergent does not work, make a paste with baking soda and water and apply it to the stains and let it remain
overnight. If you are still unsuccessful, we recommend Cascade Plastic
Boost (found with dishwashing detergents at your local grocery store) to
try to eliminate the stains."

I'm going to try the Baking Sode and water paste tonight, but don't have a lot of faith that it will work. I looked at six stores today for the Cascade Plastic Boost, but I'm pretty sure the product is discontinued as it's not on any shelves and not listed on Cascade's website.

Has anyone been successful in getting Curry Stains off of the Chef's Tools? And if so, how did you do it?

As an avid cook and user of kitchen tools, I can definitely relate to your struggle with curry stains on your Mega Scraper and Small Chef's Tool Spoon. It can be frustrating to see those yellow stains on your otherwise clean and white tools. I have also tried the dishwasher detergent and water paste method, and while it does work for some stains, it doesn't always do the trick for curry stains.I have found that using a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and baking soda can be effective in removing curry stains. Simply make a paste with the two ingredients and apply it to the stained areas. Let it sit for a few hours or overnight, then scrub with a sponge or brush and rinse with water. This method has worked for me in the past, but it may take a few tries to completely remove the stain.Another solution that I have found to be effective is using a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Sprinkle some salt on the stained areas and then squeeze lemon juice over it. Let it sit for a few minutes, then scrub and rinse with water. The acid in the lemon juice helps to break down the stain, while the salt acts as a gentle abrasive.If these methods still don't work, you can also try using a specialized kitchen cleaning product specifically designed for removing tough stains. There are many options available on the market, so be sure to read reviews and choose one that has worked for others in removing curry stains from kitchen tools.I hope one of these methods works for you and that you are able to get those pesky curry stains off of your Chef's Tools. Good luck!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about the curry stains on your Chef's Tools Spoon. I've had similar experiences with tough food stains on my kitchen tools before. Here are a few tips that have worked for me in the past:1. Soak the spoon in a mixture of warm water and white vinegar for a few hours. The acidity of the vinegar can help break down the curry stains.2. Try using a paste of baking soda and lemon juice. Let it sit on the stains for a few hours before scrubbing it off.3. If the stains are still persistent, you can also try using a small amount of bleach diluted in water. Soak the spoon in the solution for a few minutes, then wash it off with soap and water.I hope one of these methods works for you. If not, you can also try reaching out to Pampered Chef's customer service for further assistance. Best of luck!

1. How can I remove a curry stain from my Chef's Tools Spoon?

To remove a curry stain from your Chef's Tools Spoon, mix equal parts of white vinegar and water and soak the spoon in the solution for about 15-20 minutes. Then, scrub the stain with a soft-bristled brush and rinse with warm water. Repeat the process if necessary.

2. Will using bleach damage my Chef's Tools Spoon when trying to remove a curry stain?

Yes, bleach can damage the finish and material of your Chef's Tools Spoon. It is not recommended to use bleach to remove a curry stain as it can cause discoloration and corrosion.

3. Can I use a dishwashing detergent to remove a curry stain from my Chef's Tools Spoon?

Yes, you can use a mild dishwashing detergent to remove a curry stain from your Chef's Tools Spoon. Mix a small amount of detergent with warm water and soak the spoon in the solution for a few minutes. Then, scrub the stain with a soft-bristled brush and rinse with warm water.

4. Will baking soda and lemon juice work to remove a curry stain from my Chef's Tools Spoon?

Yes, baking soda and lemon juice can be an effective solution to remove a curry stain from your Chef's Tools Spoon. Make a paste with equal parts of baking soda and lemon juice and apply it to the stain. Let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing with a soft-bristled brush and rinsing with warm water.

5. Can I prevent curry stains on my Chef's Tools Spoon?

Yes, you can prevent curry stains on your Chef's Tools Spoon by washing it immediately after use and avoiding prolonged exposure to curry sauces. Additionally, using a cooking spray or oil before cooking can create a barrier and make it easier to clean the spoon afterwards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ChefetteDuJour
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ghosking1856
Replies