• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making Turkey Pesto Ravioli with wonton wrappers?

In summary, Sandi says that this recipe is delicious, but time-consuming and not a show-recipe. She recommends prep work and suggests using a pastry brush to keep the wontons moist. Her family also liked the recipe. Another person who made this recipe did not like it, as it was time-consuming and the taste was not good.
sandilou
Silver Member
I made this for my family last night and we all loved it. I think it would be fun for a party b/c it is different. Has anyone tried it? I had issues getting the wontons to stick together. I couldn't find round ones and used square ones instead. My daughter wondered about just folding them over to make them sample size, which I htought was great. The sealing is my problem. Any ideas?

TIA,
Sandi

I didn't have any problems with sealing them. My family LOVED this recipe! I don't think this is a show recipe, it really took too long. But it was really good!!

We had them at our Recipe Tasting Team Meeting and they were delicious! The consultant who made them said there was no way she'd do it at a show, too much work. I'm looking forward to making them at home though.

So glad to know it may be too much work for a show cuz I have been considering offering it as an option - they sound DELICIOUS!

Did this as the recipe at my "preview show" and yes....it takes a long time to demo.....probably would be ok if you had everything laid out and pre measured!!!

There is just lots of words in the directions which makes it look hard. You could prep some of it before hand. I liked it so much I'm gonna make it again thinking how to make it go smooth for a show. One thing I would do is brush the water on b/f putting the mixture on the wontons -- I think that would be easier. I wonder about sealing with the pastry cutter. I didn't like using the cutters -- it hurt my hand. I almost think I would like the outside of the Measure All better. Thoughts?

Sandi

sandilou said:
I almost think I would like the outside of the Measure All better. Thoughts?

I'd be concerned the edges of the measure all cup may cut the wanton wrapper. The biscuit cutter is smooth and rounded but I can see, now that you mention it, that it could be hard on the hand.

I could not get the MFP to work on the pesto w/ only 2T of C-stock...I ended up using 6T and it turned out perfect. Maybe my cups were packed with too much (packed too tightly)
Leave that one alone KG ;)

But we really love pesto and love using no oil or oily pine nuts.

I grow at least 20-25 basil plants every spring summer and have 12-14 growing in the house in the winter.

Barry Carlton said:
I could not get the MFP to work on the pesto w/ only 2T of C-stock...I ended up using 6T and it turned out perfect. Maybe my cups were packed with too much (packed too tightly)
Leave that one alone KG ;)

But we really love pesto and love using no oil or oily pine nuts.

I grow at least 20-25 basil plants every spring summer and have 12-14 growing in the house in the winter.

I agree --I think that was too much stuff in the MFP. Awesome that you grow all that basil, its SO yummy! I'm gonna get some to grow. Do you just pick the leaves off and it just keeps growing?

Sandi

sandilou said:
I agree --I think that was too much stuff in the MFP. Awesome that you grow all that basil, its SO yummy! I'm gonna get some to grow. Do you just pick the leaves off and it just keeps growing?

Sandi

Don't get me wrong, I know better than to over pack the tool. What I meant was that maybe there was more basil than just 2T would bring down off of the walls for the bowl to allow for pureeing. Regardless it worked out well. Great really.

And yes, the basil will last for months in the proper climate and as long as you do not let them bloom. Just be sure to keep the buds pinched/cut off.

My hubby loved this recipe but i agree, way too time consuming for show. I used the pastry brush and alot more than a little water to keep them moist. very delicate.

My family loved this recipe also! I could only find square wonton wrappers as well but was able to use the biscuit cutter just fine. I agree with it being a lot of work for a show but if you did a lot of the prep beforehand it could work. I thought the taste was heavenly and demoing this the right way really could help your sales. :D

My husband & I made this for dinner tonight. We didn't like it. It called for too many out of the ordinary ingredients, took too long, and it didn't taste good.

I made this the other night. It didn't seem that hard, necessarily, but it was a little fussy and doing it all by myself with distractions from kiddos, it took for-e-ver to make. By the time I was ready to put the raviolis in the pan, they had dried out! I had to brush some water over them so I could pick them up and not have them split open. Ugh! I thought they tasted delicious and would love to have them again. Sometimes making a recipe the first time for whatever reason, just seems to take me longer. So maybe next time it'll be faster. But the down side was that my 2 older kids didn't like them! I was shocked--because they usually will eat any of my new recipes. They like meat, they like Italian recipes, they eat the Zesty Ravioli Skillet dinner too, but they did not want to eat this. They each ate just a few bites and then gave up. :( And forget about my 2 younger ones, they wouldn't even touch it when they saw it had meat in them.

We were wanting to try the recipe but didn't have all the ingredients. I used premade pesto inplace of the the basil (Had some from trying the Lemon Pesto Chicken).

It was really tasty. We did try sealing them with the measureall...It did not work. We pinched them by hand. I also tried folding some like little purses (worked great). I got a phone call and the ravioli cooked for about 10 minutes. They were sooo gummy, sticky. The taste was excellent but terrible texture. Just beware to not over cook. :)

1. What ingredients are in the Turkey Pesto Ravioli?

The Turkey Pesto Ravioli is made with tender turkey, creamy pesto sauce, and freshly made ravioli. It also contains a blend of herbs and spices for added flavor.

2. Is the Turkey Pesto Ravioli pre-cooked?

Yes, the Turkey Pesto Ravioli is fully cooked and ready to heat and serve. Simply follow the cooking instructions on the package for the best results.

3. How many servings does the Turkey Pesto Ravioli provide?

The Turkey Pesto Ravioli package contains 4 servings, making it perfect for a family dinner or for meal prep for the week.

4. Can I freeze the Turkey Pesto Ravioli for later?

Yes, the Turkey Pesto Ravioli can be frozen for up to 3 months. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container or freezer bag to maintain its freshness.

5. Can I customize the Turkey Pesto Ravioli with additional ingredients?

Absolutely! The Turkey Pesto Ravioli is a versatile dish that can be customized with your favorite ingredients such as vegetables, cheese, or additional protein. Get creative and make it your own!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sandilou
Replies
Views
aried
  • jrstephens
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies