• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Ever Had a Door Prize Dilemma?

T
tashayoung
I've been buying the door prizes from the supply order form, but then it hit me....well, duh, you don't get commission on those.

So I was thinking about buying stuff like the prep bowls and splitting them up into individual gifts, or the My Safe Cutters, the Creative Cutters split up, Bamboo Spoons & Spatulas split up, funnels split up, Decorator Bottles split up, the Colored Small Bowls (I only want the Cranberry) so I could use the others as gifts...

...what do you think?

tashayoung said:
I've been buying the door prizes from the supply order form, but then it hit me....well, duh, you don't get commission on those.

So I was thinking about buying stuff like the prep bowls and splitting them up into individual gifts, or the My Safe Cutters, the Creative Cutters split up, Bamboo Spoons & Spatulas split up, funnels split up, Decorator Bottles split up, the Colored Small Bowls (I only want the Cranberry) so I could use the others as gifts...

...what do you think?
Sounds like a cute idea. It might be pricey though.

I've added an order to a show (under my mom's name to get the phd) to bump it to the next level for my host before. I usually get smaller items to use as door prizes. I have gotten the bamboo spatula set or adj. measuring spoons to split up - I just let the winner choose one. Or the seasoning mixes with individual labels I found on here. People seem to get more excited over these items than the usual season's best or twixit clips.

When you have a good show where the host gets a good precentage off, put things like that on her order so you get her discount and your commission.

I would only recommend that you ask first. Some might get a little offended.

SillyChef said:
I would only recommend that you ask first. Some might get a little offended.

Why would someone be offended by that? I've read other people saying the same thing and I can't figure out why someone would be upset if you add an order to theirs...especially if it's so someone from her show can get something for free.

Winnipegk said:
Why would someone be offended by that? I've read other people saying the same thing and I can't figure out why someone would be upset if you add an order to theirs...especially if it's so someone from her show can get something for free.

Probably because it would go to their house so you would want to ask them if that would be ok.

A little extra that they would have to sort, unless you maybe suggest that the show is delivered to you as a thank you, and you will sort for them!?

I agree. I always ask if I am going to add an order to someones order. I actually had a hostess in NOvember who asn't going to purchase either of the hostess specials and asked her if she minded if I did. I explained that I couldn't even get that discount as a consultant and she was like oh yeah I don't care go for it. I do like the idea of the different little gift ideas because people get tired of the same old thing.

ChefSteph06 said:
I've added an order to a show (under my mom's name to get the phd) to bump it to the next level for my host before. I usually get smaller items to use as door prizes. I have gotten the bamboo spatula set or adj. measuring spoons to split up - I just let the winner choose one. Or the seasoning mixes with individual labels I found on here. People seem to get more excited over these items than the usual season's best or twixit clips.
Me too! I try to mix it up a little.

I always ask if I can add an order too some people feel like your taking advantage of "their" discount.

you can write it off if you do buy things on supply orders.

gratergirl said:
you can write it off if you do buy things on supply orders.

True...but I could write them off when I order them through a show too can't I? Plus it will help with cruise points.

tashayoung said:
True...but I could write them off when I order them through a show too can't I? Plus it will help with cruise points.

You would be ordering it under someone else's name. The only way I could see is if you put it in the payment as a consultant gift.

I've always done stuff on supply b/c it's cheaper, but I do like the idea of splitting up prep bowls and such...but they're still 3 bucks a piece. HMMMMM.... I do have an extra set still in the box that i earned last summer. Maybe I'll split them up for prizes.

I was also thinking about the Corn Butterer, All Purpose Spreader and the recipe cards. Also, I can't wait until May for the HWC products... those mini measure-alls filled with candy was the cutest idea i got off of here!

One of the things I do is when I have a "Consultant as host" show, I use the FPV to get little things to use as prizes. Then it costs me nothing. :)

A prep bowl full of Kisses would be a great host gift!

I did a big catalog show as a fundraiser. I donated 100% of my commission to the organization, but still got the host benefits, which I used to buy all kinds of little things for gifts. I give away everything from citrus peelers to mini spatulas. Hosts and guests love it. I wrap everything up in a clear gift bag with a small set of recipe cards and a big ribbon so it's pretty.

chefann said:
One of the things I do is when I have a "Consultant as host" show, I use the FPV to get little things to use as prizes. Then it costs me nothing. :)

A prep bowl full of Kisses would be a great host gift!
Yes, me too!

I've done the same thing.

I hate to throw mud but...The reason you ask the host is becasue sometimes we get host that are truely INSANE!!!!!

You know the ones! You can't get a hold of them, you have to boost the sales to get to $150. Yeah, the hateful ones who just don't care!

MISTAKE - I placed a small order onto a host order when I sent in the show.
Figured no biggy. I would collect them when I went to get the products for another customer I added to the show. I did not send the order forms as I need to go over to the hosts home anyway.
PROBLEM - When I got to the hosts home, I got the order for the other customer but nothing else. She wasn't home and the bag was on her back porch. Why did this occur you may ask?
Because the stuff was in her name and she just knew it was for her! I never did get it because after I called her asking her for the extra stuff I paid for, she said she would call the home office to tell them that I was trying to steal her stuff from her. She had a major point. It was in her name, it was registered at the home office in her name and the packing slip did say it was hers. How was I to prove otherwise?
Unless you really know this person well, DO NOT DO IT! Without asking three, maybe 4 times. Is it really worth what it might save you in the long run? I found out it is NOT!

OMG! John....I would have to say that is insane! I have not had the opportunity to add to someone's show --- most shows I do are far enough away that I do not want to have to drive there to pick it up. But, now that I nknow what can happen if I don't ask over and over I may not do it with a close show.
I love the idea about the prep bowls and the kisses! That's so cute!

I have only done this on freinds host shows, added extra product at their discount for gifts for other people. I don't think I would feel comfortable doing it on any other host order (those that I just don't know that well). Just my opinion though.

Tara1021 said:
I've always done stuff on supply b/c it's cheaper, but I do like the idea of splitting up prep bowls and such...but they're still 3 bucks a piece. HMMMMM.... I do have an extra set still in the box that i earned last summer. Maybe I'll split them up for prizes.
That's a great host gift idea, splitting then up and putting kisses in them and wrapping them in cute celophane wrap! I have an extra set, I think I may do it for May with pink kisses in them! Thanks for the ideas!

When I add on the host order I always put a cohost then it's not in the hosts name! But I totally agree about asking your host!

Amanda that is an awesme idea! Love that!

I like the idea. I always like to give someone a little extra if they spend over $100.This would be a great idea to have the gifts ready to give at the show when I'm adding up their totals. It might push some to order just a little more,or even if they book a show. $3 per prep bowl is worth it if your get a show or a happy guest who just spent a lot of dough.

I cannot believe you guys have prep bowls still in the package! I have 2 sets in my kitchen and they are constantly in use! If I had another set, I'd use them too! I use them for EVERYTHING!!!

Kim I also have 2 sets in use, I love the things but agree that they could be a good gift, tie a little ribbon around them, love the hershy kiss idea! Wheels are spinning, watch out this could be dangerous especially since I have taken time off!!

OMG John!! :eek: :eek: That's terrible! Have you completely written her off as a customer or has she contacted you since?:confused:

The few times I have done this...with shows I know the host well...I put the host order in and print her receipt. Then I add any extras and print a receipt for my files. Now, that being said...I wouldn't do it if I didn't know the host well. And, I handle all returns for my hosts. I think it is just good customer service if I handle all of the problems. If you print the host receipt with only her order, the other stuff isn't in her name. I probably wouldn't be working with a host who placed an order and then said I was stealing her stuff, when she knows she didn't order it...or pay for it. I also tell my host that there will be things in her boxes that are mine and tell her what they are. And, I tell my hosts to use her receipts and not the packing lists to seperate her products for customers. I have had too many packing lists that are wrong. Also, most of my shows are sent to my home and I pack the customers orders and then take them to the host.

Oh, no... The few trims I have added to the host's order, I knew VERY well. If I do add a seperate order to the show, I usually have it direct shipped.

That's the really insane part...This was a woman my mom worked with for well over 5 years! It never even dawned on my mom that there would be an issue. It was the only show I had that month and needed to take the total over $200 to stay active. I figured why not just add to the hosts order, get the discount, get the goodies and get the commission as it was on the discount. What a mess! Funny thing too, she quit her job litterally two days after she told me no, she wasn't going to give me my stuff. Mom never saw her again.
Good thing as my mother is not someone you mess with!
Anyway, I learned my lesson. Now I never do it unless they are family or the order is being delivered to them in care of me! Oh yeah, I lost $73!!

1. Can I use Pampered Chef products as door prizes without losing commission?

Yes, you can use Pampered Chef products as door prizes without losing commission. Instead of buying pre-made door prizes from the supply order form, you can purchase popular products and split them up into individual gifts.

2. What are some popular products that can be used as door prizes?

Some popular products that can be used as door prizes include prep bowls, My Safe Cutters, Creative Cutters, Bamboo Spoons & Spatulas, funnels, Decorator Bottles, and colored small bowls. These items can be split up and used as individual gifts.

3. How can I split up Pampered Chef products for door prizes?

You can split up Pampered Chef products for door prizes by purchasing larger items and breaking them down into smaller gifts. For example, you can purchase a set of prep bowls and give each bowl as a separate gift.

4. Can I choose which colors of products to use as door prizes?

Yes, you can choose which colors of products to use as door prizes. For example, if you only want the Cranberry colored small bowls, you can use the remaining colors as individual gifts.

5. Is it a good idea to use Pampered Chef products as door prizes?

Using Pampered Chef products as door prizes can be a great idea as it allows you to showcase the high-quality products to potential customers and also gives them a chance to try them out for themselves. It can also be a cost-effective way to provide door prizes without losing commission.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• samcmills
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies