• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has the Dcb Helped You Get Bookings?

In summary, the DCB is a great tool, but be careful not to give it to customers before September. It is a good incentive for bookings, but do not rely on it too much.
emiscookin
I was just wondering.

I have a show coming up this Saturday afternoon and I STILL haven't figured out what to prepare. I wanted to do something easy in the DCB (please share easy recipes with me ;) ) but I'm afraid that people will get upset with it being a host only item. Then again, some people might be thrilled to host a show and try and earn it for FREE or half-off!! I dunno, I was just wondering what success any of you have had with it so far.

But then again, since this is a lunchtime show, maybe I could prepare something else not using the DCB...Do any of you have some great lunch time recipes?

Also, I should know the answer to this already ;) but...do we give the new catalogs to customers starting in August or September????

Thanks ladies and guys! :chef:

The DCB is the best booking tool I've ever had.

emiscookin said:
I was just wondering.

I have a show coming up this Saturday afternoon and I STILL haven't figured out what to prepare. I wanted to do something easy in the DCB (please share easy recipes with me ;) ) but I'm afraid that people will get upset with it being a host only item. Then again, some people might be thrilled to host a show and try and earn it for FREE or half-off!! I dunno, I was just wondering what success any of you have had with it so far.

But then again, since this is a lunchtime show, maybe I could prepare something else not using the DCB...Do any of you have some great lunch time recipes?

Also, I should know the answer to this already ;) but...do we give the new catalogs to customers starting in August or September????

Thanks ladies and guys! :chef:

I would NOT give it to them until September! If you give it to them before that, and they want to order something that isn't available, oops! OR, worse yet, you don't get bookings or sales for August- because they are "waiting until the new stuff comes out".

Use your current catalogs for the current dates. Save the New catalogs for Host Packets for your September shows. We get excited by the new stuff, but we still have 5 weeks in the current catalog, so unless you are so booked you can't book any more shows in that time, don't bring it out. :)

Just my thought....:D

I will be honest! If I could have sold the DCB at my show this weekend, I would have sold 5 or 6 of them! people were floored! But no one was willing to book a show in order to get it! So I felt like I was back at square 1! I had hoped that it was a good booking tool, but it totally didn't help me :(

I was selling them like crazy before they became host only. However, I have had an increase in catalog shows now because some folks want them but do not want a cooking show in their home. I am averaging three bookings and two catalog show bookings a show now.

Someone just emailed me the other day to do a catalog show because she went home and decided she had to have the DCB.

I am not changing my show a bit. They get great food, great ideas, and I am determined that everyone should have a DCB in their home...so...there you have it!

I am noticing a slight decrease in sales but an increase in bookings...so it is all good!

CK

Suggestions:

Chicken Fajitas or Potato Chowder in the DCB
Cool Veggie Pizza - prebake crust - do rest at show
Jalapeno-Pecan Brie in a mini baker (prebake pita chips at home)
Rice Cooker Cake
Micro cake in Fluted Baker
Chicken & Grapefruit salad - can't think of the "real" name

I was also selling at show's, but it has been an great incentive for my bookings. I can say that since July every host has gotten the DCB as their half-price item. I plan to keep on using the DCB in my show's because I am a believer of the product. I use it so much myself at home that I couldn't imagine my life without it. Right now I do the Rush Hour Fajita's, Grilled Chicken Penne and I am going to incoporate the Green Red Lasanga and BLT Pasta Dish into my show's for the fall/winter show's. Then if they have a great showing they LOVE the Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump Cake.

I have had customers really complain because it is "host only" now. Some do not want to have any type of show, just wanted to buy that item.
When closing out one show, I found out that the host made a deal with one friend to buy the DCB and the guest paid for it. So that one guest at least got her way.

I use it as a booking tool no matter what, BUT I did like those that just wanted to buy them AND not only THAT, but I just did a Fundraiser last Monday and the chairman wanted to order TEN of them for Christmas gifts! I almost threw up when I said he couldn't...

KCPChef said:
I will be honest! If I could have sold the DCB at my show this weekend, I would have sold 5 or 6 of them! people were floored! But no one was willing to book a show in order to get it! So I felt like I was back at square 1! I had hoped that it was a good booking tool, but it totally didn't help me :(

I'm so sorry! :(

chefa said:
Suggestions:

Chicken Fajitas or Potato Chowder in the DCB
Cool Veggie Pizza - prebake crust - do rest at show
Jalapeno-Pecan Brie in a mini baker (prebake pita chips at home)
Rice Cooker Cake
Micro cake in Fluted Baker
Chicken & Grapefruit salad - can't think of the "real" name

Thank you, thank you!! That Cool Veggie Pizza should be a good one for lunch. ;)

chefsteph07 said:
I use it as a booking tool no matter what, BUT I did like those that just wanted to buy them AND not only THAT, but I just did a Fundraiser last Monday and the chairman wanted to order TEN of them for Christmas gifts! I almost threw up when I said he couldn't...

Oh...my...gosh!!! That really SUCKS!! I am SO sorry!! :( Man....
I wonder if PC will ever get the situation resolved with the manufacturer, but I fear the worst...and that it will ALWAYS be a Host Only item. :(

chefsteph07 said:

If it makes you feel any better, I want to throw up for you! That's such a bummer (not to state the obvious)! My condolences on your loss. :cry:

I have one host who has been wanting the DCB, and when I mentioned that now it's not only Host Only, but that the price is going up September 1, she said she would definitely have a show in August. However, she was going to hold the show anyway, so this only narrowed down her time frame. Otherwise, it's never worked as a booking tool for me.To answer your other question, I LOVE the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares (which is ironic, because when the recipe was made at my show before I joined, I wasn't impressed!). This is a New Consultant Recipe, so you have all the tools (and, regarding your other thread, if you bring ONLY these tools, and maybe a couple of others, you'll be packing light), and it highlights stoneware, too - stoneware, by the way, which IS available to all the guests.It's so nice to have Em's Questions back at CS. I hope you get to feeling better soon, so you can start enjoying the whole pregnancy experience.

Not at all in my case. No one seems to be interested enough so...

How would this work? I was thinking about a way to show off the DCB and still keep it positive.

Make a recipe--like the enchilada pizza- that uses cooked chicken, and adds it partway through the recipe. Put the crust in the oven, and say "now you cook your chicken breasts. Of course, you could cook them in our great grill pan, but tonight I'll show you some magic. Season the chicken breasts and put them in this DCB, cover it, and pop it in the microwave" (and if you feel nauseous you could have someone else handle the chicken)

then do the next steps, and when the chicken is ready, (just when you need it in the enchilada pizza recipe) take it out and show it around.

Then use whatever words you like to explain the popularity, that they wanted to put it on stop sell but we were all so upset they decided that for now, its available in limited quantities, we are limited it to hosts only, so if you want one, let me know, and I'll come fix a meal at your house" and then just go on making the recipe like it's no big deal.

So, this is what I have been thinking, and I have not tried it (as you know) so I would love some feedback...

The only problem for Emi is that it makes for TWO pieces of stoneware--the bar pan AND the DCB...

I haven't had many shows this year since I started my extra part time job, but I just have to put my two cents in. I think it stinks that it is a host only item. I personally think it turns customers off. I hate it when they have host only items at other companies. I really am not sure I want to use the DCB at my shows because I think I will look desperate for shows. I usually get 2-3 shows booked anyway.

The Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares rock! I don't have a pan so I cook the bacon ahead of time or bring it cooked instead of the ham. I make this for work all the time - always requested. For my last 2 brunch shows I made the Chicken Pest Tomato Flatbread - I love this recipe.

The fajitas are a great lunch recipe. I think catalog shows are a great way to go if a host really wants the DCB. I will continue to make things in this, because if they really want it, they will do a catalog or cooking show. I make my shows so easy and fun for hosts that they will want to book a show.

1. How has the DCB helped you get bookings?

The DCB, or "Date and Calendar Book", has been a game changer for me in terms of getting bookings for my Pampered Chef business. It allows me to easily keep track of my available dates and schedule parties with my hostesses, making the booking process more efficient and organized.

2. Do you find that the DCB increases your party bookings?

Absolutely! The DCB has made it easier for me to stay on top of my party schedule and communicate with my hostesses. This has led to more successful parties and ultimately, more bookings for future parties.

3. How does the DCB compare to other booking systems?

The DCB is specifically designed for Pampered Chef consultants, making it tailored to our needs and processes. It also allows for easy customization and has features such as automatic reminders and follow-up options that other booking systems may not have.

4. Can the DCB be used for both in-person and virtual parties?

Yes, the DCB can be used for both types of parties. It has the flexibility to schedule and manage both in-person and virtual parties, making it a great tool for consultants who do a mix of both.

5. Is the DCB user-friendly for those who are not tech-savvy?

Definitely! The DCB is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive, even for those who may not be as comfortable with technology. There are also resources and support available to help consultants navigate and utilize the DCB effectively.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
luvmyfamily
  • MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
vsweet01